Customs: Looking for Classics Optimus help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by swampflight, Dec 25, 2007.

1. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to either extend the arms or re-build the upper torso so when Op transforms to cab mode he has more of a uniform appearance instead of his chest overhanging the lower body like the Gn.1 Op?Any help would be great and Happy Holidays!

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    We're talking about the 20 dollar Voyager Prime, right? So then wouldn't it be to extend the chest out so it meets up with the arm covers?

To do that, I don't think it'd be very hard. Just build some extensions to the piece that forms the front of the chest (adding on to where the front and back pieces meet) and I think it should work pretty well.

But then you run the risk of making Prime look like he has a rack that might need a Wonder Bra to support.

3. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I think he's talking about how Prime's waist is smaller than his chest. I can't say as I have any brilliant ideas - but I think that's what he means.

4. swampflight

swampflight Banned

The Prime I'm talking about is the Classic one thats part of a two-pack with Megatron(Ultimate battle).What I'm looking for is a way to customize him so when he is in cab mode he has more of a square shape like the Gn.1 Optimus instead of having his chest overhanging the arms.

5. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Ahh okay. Well, Then I think it'd just be a simple matter of extending the lower arms and moving the grill forward and maybe bulking up the sides of his waist. You can do that stuff either with milliput (or some other kind of epoxy putty like the stuff Jin Saotome uses.) and/or some styrene sheets scratchbuilt to your own design. Pretty simple, yeah.

Extending the lower arms would also remedy how stumpy his arms look in robot mode. Usually, with people, the wrists are at about the level of the person's crotch when they just have their arms straight down by their sides. With Prime, they're somewhat short and it looks odd. To me, at least.