looking for advice on inventorying my non-tf toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I decided that I wanted to make a spreadsheet with ALL of my toys that aren't transformers or gi joe, since they already have their own. just kind of an ocd/bored/how much do I REALLY have kinda thing. does anyone else here have such a thing, or if you don't how would you go about listing it? let's take the MASK line for instance. should I just put all of those toys in one column, or should I separate it out by good guys and bad guys? then, should entries be both vehicle and driver(s), or should drivers get their own entry? I'm thinking it would be better to put entire toylines in one column, since there's lots that have less than 10 toys.

2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I created my own Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to track all of my toys. It consists of five columns; want, have, box number, group, item. I try to list every item in a line and then put a 1 under the want column, if I want that particular toy or a 0 if I do not want it. This lets me total up how many toys from a particular line I want and it also tells me what I do not want. It makes buying on Ebay much easier. I put a 1 under the have column for anything that I own and a 0 for anything that I do not. This lets me total up how many toys I have per line. The box number column is to keep track of where I have my toys, since they are all boxed right now due to lack of room in my current home. The group item is for Mask, Robocop, G.I.Joe, etc. In the case of Transformers, it is for Generation One, Generation Two, Alternators, etc. The item name is for the actual toy name, such as Optimus Prime, Soundwave, etc. If the toy belongs to a subgroup, such as Targetmasters, Minicons, Mini-Vehicles, etc., then I list the subgroup name first under the item name column followed by the toy's actual name, such as Action Master Tracks or Targetmaster Misfire. This allows me to easily sort them alphabetically and have the subgroups together. I recommend that you grab a toy and sit in front of Excell and write out how you would think of the toy and then break it down into parts. I hope that this helps.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Right now I have each line in it's own seperate work book. However Im currently working on combining them all into one workbook, one spreadsheet per line. Each sheet has a similar to ams. The man thing Im trying to work out is the quantity so I can get a better count of my collection, both individual characters and a count of packed items.

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I use open office. I'm pretty anal about keeping track of what I have. I use this for TF's and all of my other toys.

[​IMG]