Looking for advice for buying a US Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Napjr, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    And bring to Mexico in the near future :) 

In the next couples of months i might try to buy an used car in the US for different reasons, mainly the price

Obviously i know thereĀ“s different kind of fees for doing such things upon arrival at my country, however im American and from what i can understand, i could buy any car in the United States and drive in Mexico legally without worrying for the different taxes down here

What i would like to know, is what kind of things i would need to buy the car, like procedures and such

Any advice guys?

2. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Be prepared to walk away from a sale! And...how much time did u give yourself to buy a car? It could be better to just make a couple of calls and give a quote over the phone to see if they would be willing to swing it.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    No porque tengas nacionalidad americana significa que puedes conducir un auto asi legalmente en mexico. Si va a ser usado, necesita tener un minimo de kilometraje, asi como pagar impuestos de importacion y honorarios a los agentes de la aduana. Si es nuevo debes pagar todos los impuestos que pagarias de comrpar un auto nuevo en mexico mas tramites de importacion.

4. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Asi que impuestos de importacion y honorarios eh?

Hmmm bueno estoy planeando comprar algun modelo 2005 asi que en teoria deberian tener el minimo de kilometraje.. Donde podria conseguir mas informacion Dropshot?

5. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Out of curiousity...with vehicles like the Fiesta being common fodder there...

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT A USDM CAR????