Looking for a way to get out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampflight, Nov 24, 2009.

1. swampflight

swampflight Banned

I would appreciate any helpful tips or advice I can get on this matter.I want to get out of my marriage and away from my wife and her fu**ed-up family and try to get back to a normal life and heres why:when I got married she and her daughter were living in the same house with her parents and had been for the last 6 years and had become co-dependant on each other but I was told thats not the way it was(which I found out later the hard way),and when we decided to get married,my wife,her daughter,and I would move into our own house and her parents into an apartment and it turned out this was all a load of B.S. because they moved in with us PERMANTLY and now I have to listen to constant insults by her parents who think I'll never be good enough for her and when I try to say anything about it,it ends up in a 3 day fight until her "mommy" threatens to call the police(AGAIN) and have me thrown out because she had the house put in her name.Theres also the major problem with my wife's daughter which because of her "gran-mommy" who constantly spoils and babies her has made her become a 19 year-old child who thinks the world owes her a living,is too lazy to help out around the house,refuses to get a job and help with the bills,and sneaks into my bedroom every chance she gets and destroys either my TF figures or video games(and yes I put a lock on the door but my wife bitches to keep it open because her daughter is so "innocent" and wouldnt do things like that but LIES about it and gets away with it).My biggest problem is that no matter how hard I try to save up money to leave,I always have to end up paying bills with it because her(my wife's) mother likes to spend her SS checks on herself or spoiling her grandaughter so I never have enough to move out with.I hate these people,I hate living in the same house as them,and I hate my marriage and before someone says "You're pu**y-wipped and should make the rules" try putting yourself in my shoes because the last time I tried to make a stand when I got home from work all the locks had been changed and the police were there so I wouldnt cause any "trouble".Theres one more happy little fact as well,I'm a recovered alcoholic and her father gets drunk every night to point he cant make it to the bathroom and pisses in a small garbage can by the couch even though my wife said NO ALCOHOL would be brought into the house after they moved in and yes,the smell would make anyone want to gag.If anyone can give me some advice on what to do I would appreciate it and yea,I'm expecting to get flamed but if I can get something helpful out of it,its worth the fire because I'm at the end of my rope and dont know what to do.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Just leave. You have no ties to these people. The house is in her name, so there is no reason to stay. If your wife loves you she would support you by making them leave. She puts them before you. Go.

3. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Lack of finances.

I dont have any money saved up(had to take it all out for bills)and nobody to move in with so what should I do?

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Wall of text hurts my eyes. Seek the help of an Engish teacher and a lawyer. In that order.

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sell all your toys and video games, start hiding away bits of money, ask around various friends / family to try and find somewhere to stay or look for people needing flatmates. Then go, just leave, don't tell them you're going, just go.

6. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Are the bills in your name? 'cause if not and your still paying them, then you are fullfilling the role that they had in mind for you. If it's not in your name then pay your portion and no more. Save every little penny you have until you have enough to get out. Surely you have parents or a friend you can stay with while you get your shit together. Otherwise you just gotta tough it out until you have the cash to get out. You could stay at my place, but I don't think you want to move to Edmonton in November.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Yeah, pretty much this.

If you can don't eBay the stuff, take it to a brick and mortar shop so you can basically pack it up, swing by, sell it and be off with the cash. You'll get less but time is of the essence. Once that is done, pack a bag with just the essentials and get your ass to the YMCA or any other hostel like place and bunker down there for as long as that cash can last.

Do you work? If so then the Y should provide you with basic low cost living until you can afford an apartment and begin rebuilding your life.

TL: DR - sell your shit, get the fuck out ASAP.

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Hmm try to get your stuff as soon as you can to friends and escape. Then look for a new place to live. That's what I would do! Hope you can manage the situation soon! Sounds like a nightmare :( 

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Thanks for the migrane headache.

To reiterate what others have said, sell your stuff and GTFO!

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you have family or friends nearby where you can hold up for awhile?

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

leave. just leave. go find your friends, your parents a lawyer and just leave. you're in a shitty house with a shitty family, just get out. get whatever belonging you have and go. get legal aid

12. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Pack up your stuff and tell the old lady you are selling them for bills. Take the stuff to a friends house for storage or rent a storage shed. While slowly doing that set up another account and put money into that. You can make it so the banking institution doesn't send mail to the house or set it up for another address. Stop paying their bills and they will soon start paying themselves when things start getting turned off. Any utilities in your name-get your name taken off them. Maybe offer to put the daughters name on the power bill to build her credit and then just stop paying one day, claim to have no money.
    Pour out booze into sink when no one is looking and throw away the piss can. That spreads disease and should not be tolerated.

And remember that if you are treated this way you can expect for them to be checking on you, watching what you do online and the what not. Be careful.

Chuck

13. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Step one find a buddies couch that you can crash on.

Step two I don't know exactly how your finincial situation is i.e., how the bills work, but what I would do is if they are in your name, i.e., utilities, tell them that you are leaving, and discontinue your services with them. Put the onus on the mother (whose house is in her name right?)

If it is a car in her name, take it to a dealer, or go talk to the lease breakers, I think there is some out there.

If it is a credit card, look into getting a lower interest rate, or there is some banks that will possibly let you forward the balance to an account with a crazy lower interest rate.

Just remember at the end of it all, you don't have to watch out for anyone but YOU.

Im sure it is not going to be easy, but there is always a way out. Oh, and take lots of pictures of all the crazy stuff eg garbage can.

14. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Ooh, good point. Take lots of pictures.

Chuck

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This. I think I need glasses after decoding that.

16. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Just make sure to cover your ass. If these people are the trash that you've described then they don't have respect for you and certainly won't for your stuff. Move your valuables before they figure out you're leaving. Also don't let them know where you go.

This piss bucket intrigues me. I could be saving the 10 seconds it takes me to walk from the couch to the bathroom everytime I pee in the sink. Plus the water everytime I flush so that everyone thinks I used the toilet!!!

17. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Thank You to everyone for all the replies.

I appreciate the advice and help on this and the funny stuff definitly helps out and I've gained some valuable info on how to take my next courses of action.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like you've already decided what needs to be done, and are just looking for affirmation here.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Fires happen. That's all I'm sayin'.

20. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Oh well.

I know there is going to be fire and considering the amount of BULLS**T I have to deal with at home EVERYDAY,it just doesnt matter,IT JUST DOESNT MATTER,IT JUST DOESNT MATTER,IT JUST,(sound of Bill Murray slamming log repeatedly on wood floor),DOESNT MATTER!!!!!