Customs: Looking for a paint suggestion...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by catch22, Aug 18, 2007.

1. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm working on an Alt Ironhide. I've done all the parts I'm painting red with Krylon Fusion, but I've encountered several problems:

- Certain areas are different shades of red. I assume it's an undercoat thing, as the parts ranged from blue, clear, and black plastic.

- I want a nice and smooth, shiny paint-job on the car parts of the bot.

Basically I need a paint that will be shiny/reflective, hide a slightly mismatched undercoat, and be agreeable with Krylon Fusion paint.

2. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    My thoughts would be to prime it first. That way, you'll have a uniform colored undercoat, and your top coat should all match that way.

3. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    My thoughts would be to prime it first. That way, you'll have a uniform colored undercoat, and your top coat should all match that way.

4. catch22

Ebay:
    Well, the thing is I've already painted it with the red Fusion. I actually don't mind having the Fusion as an undercoat, I'm just looking for something that will be glossy and forgiving in terms of undercoat colors.

5. catch22

Ebay:
    Well, the thing is I've already painted it with the red Fusion. I actually don't mind having the Fusion as an undercoat, I'm just looking for something that will be glossy and forgiving in terms of undercoat colors.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    primer over your red paint, VERY VERY light coat, so you don't get build up. THEN repaint your red. IT's either that, or scrap it, or dunk it in thinner, which MIGHT melt him.

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    primer over your red paint, VERY VERY light coat, so you don't get build up. THEN repaint your red. IT's either that, or scrap it, or dunk it in thinner, which MIGHT melt him.