Looking for a new Graphics Card for my PC

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tyrannosaur, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'm looking to purchase a new Graphics card for my computer. Here's the details about my PC:

-Inspiron 531s
    -Windows Vista Basic
    -250 watt power supply

I'm looking for a card that I can play games with high quality. I'm not sure what to get though. I talked to Geeksquad and they said the card I need has to be a slim-lined so it can fit properly. Could anyone reccomend the proper card and if I should upgrade my power supply? It needs to be in the price range of $0-$250 dollars. Thankyou in advance.

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    You'll probably have to upgrade your power supply to handle a decent video card.

A low profile video card is what you're seeking, I'll post a link to some.

Newegg.com - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards,PCI Express 2.0 x16,Radeon HD 4000 series,low profile video card

Newegg.com - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards,PCI Express 2.0 x16,Radeon HD 4000 series,Radeon HD 4650,low profile video card

As for the power supply, I'm not quite sure. since it's Dell you'd probably need one that's made to fit their system, they usually do this so you HAVE to upgrade through them at jacked up prices.

Also, stay away from Geek Squad as they rip people off left and right.

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Thanks man. Some people have suggested using TigerDirect to buy a power supply. Are they good?