Fan Art: Looking for a little constructive criticism

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I just figured out how to make decent sigs with GIMP today, and I've kinda been going crazy with it :p  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give some general pointers. Here's the first batch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and I realize I forgot to add extra effects to the bottom two (like the sparks on the Tarantulas one). I completely forgot about that when I was making them.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The red colored text on the first two is an eye sore. And use higher quality renders (the cut outs of the characters).

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'd recommend studying some images with text and take note of how they interact with each other. A good place to do this is with magazine ads, as artists and their directors have labored hours over the placement and qualities of each.

This is design. Some of it is the technical stuff that comes from using the toolds. Some of it is how it works as "art".

4. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Understandable. As for the renders, I used some of the best that I could find that would suit my needs. And I resized the first two so I could get the look I want. I don't like it either, but it's the best I could do with what I had.
    Ah, good idea. Thanks!