looking for a hot wheels 1/64 photo list

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've always wanted to know what hot wheels releases for any given year. specifically, their "first editions" line. however I've found their website to be impossible to navigate, and I even joined their club to have access to more of their site. anyone know where I could find such info?

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Go to:

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/checklist/list.aspx?browse_Collection=CC&LstYear=2005&LstSeries=744&LstCar=%27Tooned™%20Deora%AE

Then, under in the "Browse" box near the bottom of the page on the left pane, you can select different search criteria and then click browse. If you select "2005" as the year, "2005 First Editions" as the series name, and leave the car name field set to "Car Name", click browse and you should see all of the 2005 FE's. Not sure why 2006 isn't up yet...Hope this helps dude!

Oh yeah, they even have listings going all the way back to the start of it all in 1968!

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

sure did! any idea if it's possible to see their 1/18 cars on that site?

4. fschuler

I did some more poking around on that site, but couldn't find much on the 1/18 cars.

Are you a HW nut? I've still got a buttload of them, but largely got out of actively collecting them about 3 years ago (HW collectors seem much more cutthroat than TF collectors). I still pick up the occassional car, when I see something I like, but I don't hunt for them anymore. I'll keep an eye out any more good HW resources for you.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

not a hw nut, per se, but a car nut definitely. I find the cheap hot wheels an easy way to get a tiny car model. I recently freaked out when I saw an alfa romeo b.a.t. prototype in my local kb, which is what inspired me to post this.

6. fschuler

No way! I got a job part time at a KB after I got out of school and before I found a permanent job. I would see guys come in each day and buy buttloads of hot wheels, at which point I thought it might be kind of fun.....that was the beginning of the end.