looking for a certain comic series

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Orion_Prime48, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ok back in like 06 I had been reading a DC comic where everyone in the world had to team up against something up in outer space. every human was was given temporary powers to fight. I cant remember much more than that but it had the green arrow in it and that magician girl along with like the Flash and everyone else. anyone know the name of it? id like to read it again and finish it this time lol

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds like the World War Three arc in JLA, by Grant Morrison. The ancient weapon Mageddon was coming to destroy Earth and, in order to fight it, the JLA used a modified Purple Ray to give everyone on Earth temporary superpowers. It had damn near every character and member of the Justice League in it, to some extent.

However, it was originally published in 1999/2000 (based on copyright dates in the TPB) and, IIRC, the "everyone on Earth gets powers" plot has been used other times, so WWIII might not be it.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    after a quick search I beleive your right. now to find it somewhere