Looking back

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 4, 2017.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Active Member

The end of TF4. I personally like TF4 more than TF5

• Like Like x 1
  2. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Can I sig that last line? :D 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes! Bay should have been handed this as an idea.
    [​IMG]

Nothing would have made me more happier than seeing a scene like this on imax. The truth is the creators find Optimus and is handed over to Quintessa.
    That is what makes more sense for me.

5. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

Whats worse is that this art got a like from the transformers instagram page the day it was posted.......

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That's amazing. I wonder if Bay or someone Lorenzo saw it too.

7. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf She's a killer, queen

I think what got me optimistic for this film was the news of a new writer. I was curious as to how he would have the film go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Well, AOE was a step in the right direction, IMO. More robot screen time, an arc for Optimus, less Bee, a smaller robot cast, a story that had built off of the last and set up stuff for the future. That had gotten me somewhat optimistic, even before we knew anything. I was really hopeful they would continue in this direction.

Then there was the announcement of the writers room. I was somewhat hopeful that a group of writers could really help create a more focused and consistent overarching narrative for these films. Plus, there was the announcement Hasbro had more control. I should've known that just meant it would be a big, messy toy commercial.

Then we saw the Decepticon vehicles on set. That really had me convinced Hasbro's control was a good thing. These 'Cons had so much personality in their vehicle forms alone and surely there was no way they'd waste that. How could a rusty Kombi not have a great personality? Plus, Barricade was back!

After that was the concept art. They were officially releasing concept art of the robots so early, they clearly wanted to gain the attention of fans. I mean, of course they'd want us to pay to see the film, whether it catered to us or not, but at this point, I was starting to get really excited.

Then, just before the first trailer dropped, back in December, we got that article talking about how the film would show the origins of the Bot/Con war, the origins of OP and Meg, how there'd be a submarine TF, more Grimlock, all sorts of stuff that was clearly too good to be true. They'd never have the budget. But then the trailer dropped and it was filled with way more CGI than previous December trailers had. I thought it must've meant they'd started work on the CGI much earlier, as if they had more to get done than previous films. It had me hopeful that we'd actually see all the stuff that was teased.

Then it became apparent that most of the new 'Cons were just reusing old CGI models. Were they trying to emphasize that this was a group of misfits, random 'Cons who'd been tough enough to survive previous films or were they just being cheap with 'Cons who'd barely appear in the film?

More trailers started dropping and I started to notice a lack of Decepticons actually doing anything cool. They just posed or got beat up. Plus we learned of the secret clusterfuck of Transformers history. Slowly, I started worrying more and more.

Just when I was becoming convinced that the 'Cons would totally suck, we got the Megatron's crew add and the TRF case files. They weren't anything that guaranteed the 'Cons would be awesome in the film, but they gave me a bit of hope.

Then the film was released and people started talking and well... At that point it became clear that this wasn't a film I needed to see.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There was enough talented people to really turn things around for transformers.

[​IMG]

10. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Active Member

reading this makes me feel sad :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. APB

APB Well-Known Member

The first full trailer gave me hope:

Also the teaser, seeing the Ark.

Then seeing the Lockdown`s ship in trailer 2.