[Longshot] M*A*S*H* Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rewind, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been a fan of MASH since I was a kid. It's once of the first shows I remember pressing my nose against the TV to watch. I loved it even though I had no idea what they were talking about most of the time. Later in life I naturally understood what was going on, getting the more 'adult' themes and humor and I loved it even more (although the first three seasons appeal to me infinitely more than the remainder).

I bought all of the seasons on DVD and when I moved in with my wife she started watching them, having never really seen many episodes or at least not remembering them. Well, to say she got hooked is an understatement. Wheras I love the show and was happy to watch through the whole series once, she's become a, for lack of better term, addict. She's currently on her 5th cycle through the series and watches a couple of episodes every day. When the last episode ends, she'll get up and pop in the first disc of the first season. I've actually grown a bit tired of the show at this point, but I'm just happy she isn't sitting there with Felicity on infinite repeat or one of thousands of other inane shows.

Having said all that, we get to the purpose of my thread and that is to ask if anyone here is familiar with the MASH toys that were out in the 1980's. There was a line of Joe-sized figures and a couple of vehicles. There were also some larger figures I believe. Anyway, she likes toys and I was thinking of getting her the full series of MASH figures for Christmas. I'd like to know how good or bad they are first though. If they're decent quality figures (ie- don't fall apart) I'll buy them loose so she can play with them, if they're crappy I'll buy them carded. I'm much too cheap to buy a set of loose and a set of carded, so that's right out.

Anyone?

2. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I used to have a bunch of them. The Helicopter was my favorite from the line. Most of the figs were used as GI Joe stand ins. The figure quality was decent for the time. You should be ok with getting her a loose set.

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're covered in an issue of Tomart I have at Mum's. Will look the number out for you next week.

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks guys! I was thinking of getting the helicopter and maybe a jeep or something, too. Of course all of this hinges on wether or not I can find it on Ebay...

5. dlatkow

Ebay:
    Go to the Prime toys site in my sig. It's run by a friend of mine and he mainly deals in toys from that era. Last I checked he had some MASH figs on his site and if he doesn't have them listed he may still have some.

6. dlatkow

Ebay:
    MISC

There is a Potter figure on this page. Just scroll down. Email him, He might have more.