LongarmMagnus Classics Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by LongarmMagnus, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

That's sick. I like how you fit devy in the case, clever idea. I didn't want to take a shelf out of my detolf so I ended up putting him ontop.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Well-Known Member

Thank you. I used to throw Metroplex on top and have the Constructicons as individuals.

There was a thread somewhere-- under "Feedback" or "Toy Discussion"-- showing a few people with broken Devastator ankles. They claimed to have only posed Devastator when he collapsed. The shoulders of Scrapper couldn't bear the weight of the combined figure. I thought to display him like this as a solution and really liked the look so I did the same with Metroplex.

It really gives my display a clean look.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LongarmMagnus

New guys added to first post:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. LongarmMagnus

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Feeling a little melancholy today.

Found some old pics of my collection from 2011. At the time I had been thinking about selling them since I wasn't too big into collecting-- I have a habit of collecting and purging. I came across the Classics by happenstance in 2006 and picked them up. Never thought I'd see more. Later in 2008, my girlfriend found them in a box and was surprised I had them. To be honest, I was embarrassed to have them. For my birthday she got me Universe Silverstreak and encouraged me to display the things that I hid away. From that point on I went a little apeshit crazy collecting because Animated was so great and I needed to feed my Transformers craving (also take a look at my "joined date").

We broke up on good terms, and eventually I sold off my Animated collection. Then my Beast Wars collection ('97-'99), Beast Machines collection ('99-2000), and Car Robots collection (2001). I now just stick to "CHUG". In comparison to my collection now, I don't own any of these figures besides Universe Silverstreak. If you're wondering "what the hell is he talking about," it's because I replaced my Hasbro versions with Henkei/United.

Anyways, I came to the realization that by holding on to my collection, I'm holding on to an old relationship.

Life is short. People come and go from your life. I spend way too much time looking at the latest Transformers figures that are yet to be released. I'll leave my collection thread up for folks to check out, but I think this is my way of saying "goodbye" for a while.

5. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man!
    One of the pictures on your collection motivated me to start my own chug collection.
    I know this hobby sometimes can be addictive and even toxic,but on my experience also has a lot of good things if enjoyed with wisdom.
    I have made memories sharing transformers with my kids,and my wife too.
    It's always good to take a break,upgrade that silver streak with an Henkei , and who knows...maybe after a while somebody else surprises you on your birthday with another transformer.

Take care man!

• Like Like x 1
  6. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm also sorry to hear that, I've admired your chug collection for a long while now and definitely saw (at least parts of) it as an inspiration for my own collection. But it is what it is, and if you know what you're doing then I guess it's for the best.

I'll make sure to dedicate a few pictures to tribute your collection when I finally make an album on this part of the forum :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. LongarmMagnus

Thank you for the kind words. It's a hard addiction to tame, I just need to limit myself and control my routine... I seriously did contemplate replacing Silverstreak with a Henkei version though Lol!

8. AtanXNikka

AtanXNikka Member

Facebook:
    So good, man. Great job.

9. Masterpiecetf

Masterpiecetf Member

you've got the whole cybertron...

• Like Like x 1
  10. LongarmMagnus

Found this little guy today

[​IMG]

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Nice Display! I love that shelf. Lots of open space.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

I am jealous. I wish I had a collection like that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. LongarmMagnus

Thank you! It'll look a lot better in the next few years, given all these awesome reveals coming out. I'm very close to having all the characters I could ever want.

14. LongarmMagnus

Found Twintwist and Misfire.

Bro Showdown!
    [​IMG]

Wrecker Titan Masters
    [​IMG]

15. LongarmMagnus

Got a deal for Beelzeboss Growing Pains kit but I'm just not a fan of the Superfly United Bumblebee paint so I got a Classics Bee instead. Changed up the flight pack to look like boosters a Throttlebot might use.

upload_2017-10-10_13-47-52.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. LongarmMagnus

Bumblebee with Goldfire upgrades. Or GOldbug if you want to call him that. He looks pissed, like Optimus died and he decided to honor his memory with a new faceplate, helmet, jetpack, and guns.

upload_2017-10-10_14-4-19.png

17. LongarmMagnus

upload_2017-10-10_14-30-27.png

18. LongarmMagnus

I've got a feeling Hasbro might screw over Cliffjumper so I decided just to make one.

upload_2017-10-13_16-40-33.png upload_2017-10-13_16-41-21.png

Along with a custom figure: Oil Slick

Oil Slick loves Earth Wrestling shows and has modeled his personality and fighting style after his favorite wrestler. Unfortunately for the Autobots, he can be a racist a-hole at times.