LongArm...(Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

Long Arm (Shockwave) is a Prime? Did anyone else catch that from AutoBoot Camp? So now we technically have another Prime, at least that is what BB called him. What a nice twist, a Prime (Head of Intel no less) is really a decepticon. This show is outstanding. I do have to say that Shockwave is pretty loyal since he has been there for quite some time and could just chill with a nice Prime ranking job and forget about Megs.

2. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Hrm. His light green colors may be a homage to Scourge/Nemesis prime, eh?

3. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    but he is probably been giving megs info for a while so if he decides to be a bot, megs still has a lot of info about the autobots.

4. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Longarm Prime sounds so wrong but the fact he's a con makes it so right :p 
    That Ultra Magnus really is useless

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love how corrupt the Autobot high-rankings are. It really makes Animated stand out from the usual Autobots are all good type thing. It also reinforces how the main cast are the best, even though individually they're they worst at what they did. Optimus Prime is probably the most noble Autobot out there.

6. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

We're talking about a master-spy. It's not fair to give Ultra Magnus the blame for that. Nobody knows what the true allegiance of Longarm are. After all, it's not that Longarm's (fake) eyes are red or purple...

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Animated has given the Autobot faction more development than it has ever had in any other TF cartoon.

8. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I find it odd how decepticons have two possible eye colors (purple and red) while autobots only have one.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

My theory is that he's an homage to Double Dealer, another Decepticon with an Autobot alter ego. His colours and alt mode are quite similar.

And while we're at it, looking at his design, colours, powers and sycophantic personality, I'm fairly certain that Lugnut was originally conceived to be Shockwave. Probably something that got juggled at the last minute for whatever reasons...

zmog

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Marty Isenberg has pulled a real well-done reversal of roles with Magnus, Sentinel, and Optimus

11. Sideways

Sideways Banned

spoiler

i hope you all know "Longarm Prime " is really Shockwave

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think "Longarm"'s design is a pretty nice interpretation of the Movie toy. The head is more or less spot on - just swap the Autobrand on Movie Longarm's head for the red eye. I thought that was really clever.

The name Shockwave really would fit Lugnut, too - the POKE on its own would justify the name, because when it works, it generates a huge shockwave. But I honestly prefer this version of Shockwave because it is true to the roots of the G1 character, and a homage to the "Shackwave" toy colours!

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I think it's great that Shockwave is now Longarm 'Prime'. It really shows just how good a spy he is that he was able to work his way up through the ranks and become the head of Intel.

I also like how corrupt the Autobot higher ups are... like Split Lip said... it's a nice switch from the 'Autobots are all super good' that we usually see. Optimus is truly the most noble of all the Autobots (and this is even acknowledged by Magnus to some extent). I still say at some point (perhaps when they finally decide to show Prime become Supreme Commander if that's ever in the cards) that they need to totally shake up the Autobot High Command with all the 'dirty little secrets' comming to light.

14. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What does "Prime" mean in the Animated universe?

15. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Then again, what little dirty secrets are we talking about? The only thing they wanted to keep secret is Megatron still being alive, so as to not spread panic amongst the population at home.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a high ranking title.

Oh, who knows, stuff like Longarm would be one and than I'm sure they could come up with other stuff like that. The entire Autobot military reeks of corruption or just sheer arrogance & overconfidence. Like I said in another thread about this... I'd love for the Decepticons to actually beat the Autobots and temporarily take over Cybertron for an entire season to put the majority of the Autobots in their place. Ultra Magnus captured, guys like Sentinel getting their commupance and the 'useless repair crew' becoming the true heros when they manage to lead the retaking of Cybertron from the Decepticons at the end of the season. Though, I'd love to see Jazz & Blurr take center stage in a season like that too as they both seem to be alright (more so than any of the other Autobots from Cybertron we've seen that aren't part of the main cast).

17. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    They must heve done something terrible to Wasp to make him that insane. Having his career taken away wouldn't do that to the fella, but Autobot torture might...

18. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing....but it's also a good way of explaining why he spoke like that (seeing how he spoke before he got captured)....I really liked Wasp in this ep...I hope we see more of him.

19. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

It's a military rank above Minor and below Ultra, but we don't really know much more.

Regarding Wasp - remember he's been in prison for over 50 years. Even without torture it'd be enough to make him snap.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Just wait till you see the toy.