lol @ stealing my auction photos/desc. for a resell 2 weeks later!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is he the guy that bought them from you and just reselling them ?
    If not Did you report him for listing and photo theft ? Should do it before someone gets scamed there.

3. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he was stealing your bandwidth, this would have been a chance to replace the photos with some of the classier pics from 4chan.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Yeah, he's just reselling what he bought from me, not a scam. I just reported it anyway, shouldn't be doing that and I took effort to take good pics. And copy/pasting the description is just plain lazy.

5. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

maybe dude is just to lazy to take his own pics he has 100% feedback

6. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

Didn't he pay you $102.50 for those pictures? I would have just let it go...lazy or not he paid quite well, LOL. I understand the frustration though...that's why I started watermarking my pics for ebay.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

^ Yeah, I could've. I'm not totally enraged or anything, more humored and perplexed. First time I ever used light-tent pictures for an auction and first time (I know of) my photos get stolen. It's the sort of thing where if he messaged and asked I might've said 'sure' for using the pictures. I don't like the stealing the item description at all though.

8. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    So long as he has the exact item that is pictured... I really don't see an issue. Yeah, you took the photos but he is accurately representing his product. Seems to me that the only time this should be an issue is when some who is selling a LIKE item does this. This guy is selling the exact item. I can see why you'd be a little frustrated but in this particular instance I would've just shrugged it off.

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

^ Well yeah, not super-huge deal, but photos are property and so it is property theft.
    But it's also stealing my labor: time spent on taking the pics, uploading them onto computer, uploading those to be webhosted, and typing out a detailed description = probably at least an hour (not to mention cost of light tent for pro look, cost of camera, etc.). Time to rip off my efforts and do nothing himself to make the posting = maybe 2 minutes.

So yes I would expect for this not to be done or for compensation for my labors.

10. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

I totally feel ya. It took me forever to get half decent pics of my G1 Wheeljack Parts listing!

I am one of those crazy sellers who tries to give people pics from EVERY angle, cuz that's what I want when I am looking at ebay stuff. I finally had to buy rechargeable batteries because I was tired of going through them so fast.

11. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Not that I care, but try explaining that to all the various TF fansites who are constantly frontpaging pictures of new toys without permission, as if giving credits was good enough. :)  Once you post pictures on the web, you can't really control what's going to happen, especially when they're just pictures of used toys you're trying to sell.

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Since his selling exactly the samething, go easy on him, after all, he did give you a good price :) 

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Yeah, I talked to him about it, not a big deal, he apologized and said he got extra lazy, usually doesn't do that.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Case of buyer's regret?

I've never understood re-selling stuff as soon as you get it, unless you got a bargain, or are splitting up a lot.

I had a guy immediately re-sell a couple of things he won from me a while ago, took his own pic's, wrote his own description, even included the freebies I'd sent him. He made a circa 30% loss, never quite got my head round that.

As for P-S-P's case, whilst the guy isn't trying to scam someone with pic's of stuff he doesn't have, it's very bad practice to use another's pic's and description. Say someone was watching P-S-P's auction, then sees the second one, I'd instantly think scam. They may notice it's the same guy involved, but he could be cutting out some of his potential market.

Oh, and nice one P-S-P, that was a decent price for those.