LOL! Michaelbay.com talks about why DOTM should of one its 3 nominated oscars

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Feb 28, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im a fan of the live action movies but I thought this was quite funny xD

Code:
    http://michaelbay.com/blog/files/33c546395a3d50573d32c1a6dd6c91c0-751.php

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Why the LOL? They're absolutely correct.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Michael Bay's hardcore fans are butthurt over the Oscars? What a surprise!

And what's that? They're attacking the movies they perceive as being "the enemies" of Bayformers? My monocle just popped off.

4. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    You dont need an award to realize a movie has the best visuals or the best audio etc...

5. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I'm a fan of the movies, and I do personally think the sound effects and visuals deserve lots of praise, but holy heart failure, that is a biased post.

THIS.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah, science fiction action movies do win awards when they are genuinely good on every level.

Lets take my favourite whipping boys for this arguement shall we?

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Best Cinematography - Nominated
    Best Make Up - Won
    Best Sound - Won
    Best Sound Editing - Won
    Best Visual Effects - Won
    Film Editing - Nominated

Aliens

Best Effects Sound Editing - Won
    Best Visual Effects - Won
    Best Actress in a Leading Role (Sigourney Weaver) - Nominated

However, this is also true. As a technical marvel, The Transformers film series has had few rivals. ILM were robbed in 2007 when Golden Compass won, and from what I've seen of Huge I feel they were robbed this time also. I do not feel they were robbed in 2009 because I honestly believe the effects in Avatar were better (see my sig, that opinion will not change).

However their refusal to see past Michael Bay's sketchy reputation as a story telling director so that ILM can be rewarded for some genuninely fucking amazing work is pretty sad.

Well, should anyone at ILM ever read this: I may not love the movies as much as some, but you brought the Transformers to life, and no one can take that from you. Ever.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan of Bay, but I haveto say that DOTM was robbed over Best Sound.

Best VFX is subjective at best; I disagreed with the winner... bu I can live with it.

But not Sound.

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    not a big Michael Bay fan... i do appreciate his work with Transformers movie franchise. i've said many times that the TF movie franchise could've been better.....

but yeah, those points are true.. specially the special effects.. actually, TF has already been robbed of the SFX category many times.

9. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    You don't have to be a fan of the movies to appreciate the special effects in DOTM blew everything else out of the water. It should've walked away with the Visual Effects Oscar if nothing else.

10. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

OmegaPrime22 - you fail at quoting.

You can clearly see that the article is a repost of this article:

Boiling Point: The 2012 Oscars – Everyone That Should Have Won and What’s Wrong with the Whole Picture | Film School Rejects

You can deduce that based on the text that reads "Film School Reject's Robert Fure:" before the article and the one that says "Source: "filmschoolrejects.com" after.

This is just a part of a whole article that covers Oscars Snubs and discusses each category not just that those 3. And also the artilcle doesn't come from a Michael Bay fansite. It's geek rant by a movie geek, written for a movie geek website.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    He fails at basic grammar additionally. It's become irksome to see both "should of" and "one" rather then "should have" (or should've) and "won".

Anywho, I think Bay is a hack and I think the live action movies are terrible junk. However, I also think it should've won for VFX.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's no secret that I am a fan of the live action series so I must agree with the original article. Action/sci-fi rarely win Acadamy Awards. I just accept that no movies I enjoy are going to win. Return of the King was one of the last Best Picture winners that I agreed with. I'm a nerd, what do you expect?

13. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its only a stupid visual movie, GP, nothing more, nothing less. These kinds of movie doesnt deserve Oscars, just Razzies:) 

Come on. I dont like Bayformers, but with or without Oscar, it will be same movie for me. And this should work with people who like this garbage.

14. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I dunno. That was some tough competition out there. Still, Transformers did get snubbed.

15. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

As mentioned, even if dotm didn't deserve to win, RotPotA & harry potter were robbed as well.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    QFT.

Hugo was a good movie, but it's effects weren't anything special. Another case of the Academy playing favorites.

17. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

It happens.

18. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I don't like the movies much, but I have to agree that ILM did bring them to life & should've gotten recognized that they got CGI TFs to perfeclty blend w/ real city scapes.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Wow what a bunch of sore losers. Everything you want to win will not win every time, a good sport learns to live with this little fact of life while other people feel a need to rip down the winner.

Hugo won, and while I would have voted for one of the other films I still say congratulations to the team over at Pixomondo on their win.

I don't think any less of the effects work done on Harry Potter, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, or Dark of the Moon just because they didn't come home with an Oscar. It's still all great work award or no award. If anything I feel really happy that it was such a field of serious contenders for the award because it meant a great year in special effects for all of us looking for those bragging rights over which film might have been 1% better than the rest.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Good thing they didn't do that since they merely quoted the article for humour's sake from someplace else, but the Op didn't get it right.

And now this whole thread is gonna explode because the Op didn't bother researching.