Logical ideas for a typical KO company

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backscatter, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With all these craptastic KOs in the news lately, here's the start of ideas for useful KOs.

If Has-Tak-Tom doesn't produce one or more of the three Seekers... Should be a real no-brainer! Or at least an eHobby excuse.

Over-sized and multi-colored Kremzeeks...

KOs of Scout class for those that like to troop build at a reduced cost without depeleting existing stocks...

Make "Ghost vesrions" of characters that actually "died". Six Knight anyone?

KO Lucky Draws but have an indicator symbol in the mold that its a KO.

(Woud love a KO LD of Galaxy Convoy)

So what would you like to see that would make god sense to the majority?

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving TFW2005! :D 

P.S. If you're going to KO Metroplex at least Over-size it, that would be way too cool!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Trailbreaker

3. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Sunstorm

Dino Cassettes !!!

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trailbreaker, word.

The Seekers have been reissued once. No immediate need to do it again. And LDs are a niche market of a niche market. I can't seem them paying off.

Oversized Metroplex, on the other hand, would be wicked. Sized so that the '84-'85 cars work out as well as Scramble City figures work with the orignal.

EDIT: Second on the Dino-cassettes. I'd dig 'em for KO cost, and I openly admit I'd get a little chuckle out of the fan outrage that would result.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd buy a KO of LD Sky Lynx (from Flame Convoy/Scourge).

I'd even buy the G1 KOs if they were cheaper. If I can get a loose complete original for the same price as a MISB KO, I'm getting the original.

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Those are terrible ideas. Legit scout class figures are worth a buck apiece just a year later, characters that die are usually characters who nobody cares about (or else there would already be legit ghost versions of them), lucky draw figures are only desired because they're rare and nobody would ever want a mass-produced figure that crumbles onto gold chrome flakes if you try to transform it, and kremzeek is the thing you take out of the box and throw away as soon as you get MP Megatron or Autolooper.

7. Backscatter

News Credits:

Can't please everyone I guess, I love Kremzeek and I care about any TF that died. (Not sure about Wheelie) Anyway, I wouldn't try to transform a KO LD more than a time or two. BTW, where have you found legit Scouts for $1?

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Check your local liquidation outlets and dollar stores, they usually pop up after Christmas.
    Also check here on the boards, they get sold from time to time.

9. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Okay, scratch one Scout idea. :lol 

10. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Japanese-exclusive G1, like, ALL of 'em. Their originals' value be damned. Those who worry about that, I don't get it.

More Diaclone variants, less pointless variants. I really hope we see a Marlboor Wheeljack and a red Sunstreaker, and if they do Bluestreak, as blue bluestreak would be awesome.

I welcome quality KO's especially of the high end/rare stuff, for those of us who aren't made of money to buy the real deal.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody would want a multi-colored Kremzeek set. And most transfans don't even know who Six Knight is. Any KO maker doing those would go under pretty quickly. The only guys I would want that aren't already coming would be guys like Trailbreaker, Blue Bluestreak, Omega Supreme, Roadbuster, Broadside, Sandstorm, Springer, Wreckgar, Anime Astrotrain, Thrust, Scourge, Cyclonus, Octane, Trypticon.

12. Yamaotto

Yamaotto Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree.

I will pay 500 USD or more for an oversized metroplex.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I think Backscatter's initial idea of Seeker KO's is the most logical one. I suspect that collectors would really jump at good-quality KO's that "complete the set" of Seekers for any given series.

KO makers could benefit from examining the "gaps" in Transformers lines. You know... figures or recolors that most everyone* seems to want but don't get released officially. A Seaspray-colored Shortround, a Beachcomber-colored Hardtop, a cartoon-colored Classics Astrotrain, and of course myriad Seekers, immediately come to mind. I think there is also a good market for upsizing figures that people think are too small; again, I bet folks would jump at a high-quality, Voyager-sized Classics Grimlock, or an Ultra-sized Astrotrain or Jetfire.

When it comes to G1 KO's, personally I would only buy them if they looked distinctly different from the original figures (so that they were obviously KO's). Clear Mirage is a good example, or as someone suggested, a camouflage Warpath. There are lots of possible creative variations on the G1 figures, beyond just "original," "Diaclone," and "ghost."

It's a bit of a stretch, but KO makers could also examine common kitbashes for ideas. For instance, I wonder how many Alt. Ratchets have been made from that white KO Binaltech Hound? Tons, I bet. I made one, and I know lots of other people on this board did. How many people would jump at a blue or yellow Cybertron Hotshot to turn into Tracks or Sunstreaker... a white E. Towline to turn into Ratchet... or a red Alt. Skids to turn into Ironhide?

Anyhow, ultimately I would far rather all these things be released officially by Hasbro or Takara... but if they never are, KO's could fill the void. I'm also sure that KO makers are somewhat limited by what molds they can get their hands on, what dyes and materials are most affordable, etc.

*when I say "everyone," I am of course speaking hyperbolically... there is no one thing upon which an entire fandom would agree.

14. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Just a KO Fort and Grand Max would be fine

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    As per WhiteMocha's post, I agree that making some KO Alts based on fandom kitbashes could be a great idea - and a nice change from all the G1 rehashing going on. Making Ironhide out of Prime's mold, adding Skids' head and repainting all the blue in dark grey & black would do the trick perfectly. Same thing with Trailbreaker out of Nemesis Prime's mold. Add on Swindle's head, make the necessary black & silver paint replacements and it's good to go. And even though I'm not particularly fond of a Jeep being used for Ratchet, it would at least do the trick, more so than the Scion mold does.

But if it ever did happen, I'd definitely want them to be based off the plastic Alts as opposed to the diecast Binaltechs simply since I don't really trust a KO company's use of diecast. But that's just me.

16. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two words:

Shockwave

Overlord

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd buy LD bootlegs in a heartbeat. Also, clear versions of certain characters.

I'd kill for an all Plastic MP Prime bootleg.

18. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trailbreaker, Ramjet, & Thrust. This is all I ask for. KO, Encore, TFC, etc. It doesn't matter to me.

19. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i'd buy overlord if it was under $100, and i'd like to see a victory sabre set as well. maybe the dino force, clear versions of the G1 cars, an up sized metroplex is an awsome idea, but i wouldn't buy one.

i'd be all over diaclone repaints in a heart beat, and buy each color too. I liek the idea of ORIGINAL ideas. like, the black clear mirage.... wow. how bout a clear "reformated" megatron.

20. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd like to see some of the Japanese Transformers available in the rest of hte world at reasonable prices.