Logic Puzzle (Cybertron Walmart deluxe w/minicon riddle) SOLVED

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobus Prime, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Dear folks:

When first the fandom heard of the Walmart wave 1 deluxe w/free minicon promo, there were many who cried foul at an alleged money-grabbing package variant, thoroughly oblivious to the fact that nobody had forced them to buy the deluxes the very instant they came out. There were others, however, who were befuddled by the seemingly contradictory bios that
    came with these figures. Just today, however, when reading these bios on BWTF.com, I came to a revelation that startled me!

We have:
    minicon-Downshift w/ deluxe-Dirt Boss (mDSwDB)
    minicon-Mirage w/deluxe Hot Shot (mMwHS)
    minicon-Dirt Boss w/deluxe Landmine (mDBwL)
    minicon-Downshift w/deluxe-Thundercracka (mDSwTC)
    minicon-Mirage w/deluxe Override (mMwOR)
    minicon-Dirt Boss w/deluxe Red Alert (mDBwRA)

In the contradictory bios, we find this information:

mDSwDB is a teammate of mMwOR who arrived via a temporal 'anmomoly' on the SpeedPlanet.

mMwHS is under Optimus Prime's command

mDBwL was lost in a dimension not his own after a crash landing, is on the 'Race Team', and teammate of two unnamed minicons who "landed on the Speed Planet" at the same time.

mMwOR is a teammate of mDSwDB, arrived via temporal 'anamoly' at the Speed Planet, and is on the 'Race Team'

mDBwRA is under Optimus Prime's command, and a member of the 'Road Assault Team'

mDSwTC was kidnapped by TC from the Autobots and resides with TC on Earth.

Contradictions? Rather, a logic puzzle, almost a classic
    'grid logic' type, and solvable!

Conclusion:

The Cybertron Minicons contain two identical teams:

Imprimus, we have the originally Autobot-aligned "Road Assault Team", perhaps from Armada, composed of Downshift, Dirt Boss, and Mirage, under OP's command, and split up among several Bulks to keep the Skyboom from the Decepticons (though sending 2/3 of them to Velocitron is a questionable command decision). This team's Downshift defected to the Decepticons after his kidnapping or liberation by Thundercracker -- Minicon Stockholm syndrome? This team is led by Mirage.

Secundus, there is the "Race Team" who arrived from another part of the universe or multivers via a temporal anomaly, and found their way to the Speed Planet.

A close reading reveals further differences between the two teams. No leader is mentioned for the Race Team; they seem a fairly hapless bunch, knit by friendship and bad luck. The Road Assault Team seems more professional and warlike. Both teams, however, are equally notable for speed.

Neat stuff, huh? Cybertron Minicons - cheap molds with bio-power! Best thing since tocas with homemade red cihli sauce!

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Never underestimate the imagination of Transformers fans.

3. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Reni:

No, not at all, but I haven't exactly cooked this up myself. The bios have just enough info to be a logic puzzle, and none conflicting. Look:

mDSwDB, mMwOR, & mDBwL are all mentioned as being
    from another dimension. mDBwL's bio even specifically connects these three, and none of the other three, and since he is on the "Race Team", then so must his other two buddies be.

mDSwTC, mMwHS, & mDBwRA are all mentioned as being Autobot-aligned originally; mMwHS & mDBwRA specifically under the command of Optimus Prime. mDBwRA is a member of the "Road Assault Team", and so his other two buddies probably are as well. While the connection here is not as ironclad as with the other team, it is still fairly strong.

This is not a fan-construct, folks. If there's holes in my logic I'd be glad to have them pointed out, but I'm not operating on unaided imagination...well, not this time. :) 

The bios are all printed up here:
    http://www.bwtf.com/cybertron/toys/race-team/

4. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Am I the only one who finds these acronyms confusing as hell?

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    nope

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I get it...