Heavy/Scratch: Logic is the only way to persevere.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 6, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I love Shockwave. I enjoy his character. The concept of an evil Spock just tickles my fancy. But he's never really gotten the Classics treatment he deserved.
    Classics takes old characters and puts it's own spin on them, right? So in essence, I'm not trying to make the perfect Shockwave. I'm just trying to make something that can go on my classics shelf, not look out of place, but still be obviously Shockwave.
    So... let's get to it.
    [​IMG]
    This statue of Shockwave more or less is my inspiration. Something that looks not dissimilar to this is what I'm going for.

The legs and torso are a modified Armada Optimus Prime junker that I had lying around. I sliced the wheels off, and I'm in the process of finding feet for him since the junker was missing his.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The iconic Chest piece that immediately comes to mind when I think of Shockwave is going to be made from vents from the bottom of Cybertron Galvatrons feet. (The rest of Galvatron is going towards another project..)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The arms I have now, which I'm not entirely sure I'm going to set my heart on using, are from Movie Payload.
    [​IMG]
    There probably isn't going to be much of an alt mode. Once the build is complete, it'll be easy to cobble something like a gun or a cybertronian jet together, since that's very simple and can be done with virtually every transformer ever.

And as a running theme with my project threads, a preview for my upcoming projects:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATES, AUGUST 7TH.
    I think I've got my head. I had this crappy old FAB ROTF Megatron lying around. And then I saw some legos. And then I picked up my dremel... and well, I think I hit a bit of a jack pot. Plus the lense from an 07 movie Camshaft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I really dig the chest piece you're working on for him. Looking forward to seeing more on this!

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I think I'm gonna run in to some walls when I get to the head. I thought about the Kreon, but then I realized that's way to small. Then I thought of the movie voyager... probably to big, and it's very movie-ish. Energon Shockblast or the action master? Too much time and effort and money to put into finding and buying something that I'm just gonna cut up. Got any good heads in mind?

4. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

An alternators Shockblast head?

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I'd say AM Shockwave head or even go scratchbuild using parts from other parts, like you're doing here. You could use one of those TFTM one-eyed bots (honestly don't know the name) or even a ROTF Ravage head and shave down the sides to fit your basic shape, then top with a nice styrene topping. lol

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, I do have a Camshaft and a Payload head lying around...

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    First Post Updated with more pics and progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    As one of the biggest Shockwave Fanboys on the planet, I commend you, and hope this comes out kickass!

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I have to say your Shockwave was an inspiration for me to work on my own. You had some excellent work with that one... can I ask what you did for a hose? I'm not sure I remember.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    It's just heatrshrink tubing for wires: Definitely nothing crazy at all man!

And thank you for the compliment. It's deifnitely my pride and joy so far, and glad you liked it. I'm sure yours is gonna' come out epic and can't wait to see more!

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well I'm new to this, so I doubt it's gonna be perfect, but a vote of confidence is always nice to have. Thanks man.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Just a quick Digital mock up of the head in progess.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I have info regarding this project.

Unfortunately, it's postponed, indefinitely. Kind of hit a few smaller hiccups with it that built up to larger hiccups that wound up making everything one huge hiccup. Vague, but the best way to describe it.

Plus I lost my enthusiasm for the project completely when FOC Shockwave was announced.

I might salvage it and turn it into something else. I have a few good ideas for what could be done with the remainders of the chassis.