2D Artwork: Lockdown Card Back.... Test.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Shadowbreaker, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Reading Blue Meanie's G1 Box Tutorial really got me pumped to do custom packaging! This is a test for Lockdown. I'm on vacation (and I literally did this on vacation too; Transformers is too addicting!), so I can't take custom pics of Lockdown, so I used stock photos.

The Lockdown art is from the Drift #03 cover, done by Alex Milne and Josh Perez. The bio is written by me. When I thought about Drift and Lockdown, I thought maybe Megatron wanted to hunt Drift down for being a traitor, so he hired Lockdown.

I do not plan to add to this, as this was a test. It was also done in hotel room, half past midnight, so..... Here ya go!

[​IMG]

It is a little plain, but it is a test. Actual custom packaging will look better than this.

I do hope to do custom packaging for custom figures (preferably Deluxe). So , what to you think? Is this going in the right direction?

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So it's a test, but you don't plan to add to it?

Gotta say it's really empty. Nothing really interesting or noteworthy about it. The figure and text don't take up enough space. When showing off product you got to take advantage of all available space, and whatever's not being used should be bright and interstingly patterned to grab the eye and draw it into whatever's being showcased. Black is a poor background choice, especially when the figure you're showcasing is primarily black.

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Yes, I know. I think I might add to it, possibly change the color and style. I just wanted to get the idea of how things would look where.

Though I'm not going to replicate Generations Packaging since it'd be easier making custom style packaging. I have a couple ideas I want to try, and probably post them too.