Local Toysrus can't sell Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by allenspidey, Jul 10, 2008.

1. allenspidey

allenspidey Active Member

I have a friend that manages the local Toysrus. He told me today that the new Animated toys are selling very poorly. The new classic toys sold out in a day. So are transformers fans saying no to animated outside of the hardcore collectors?

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Classics sold out cause there only three of them so far and there still not at all places. Plus alot of people have been snapping up Animated since Botcon and other since whay before that plus we're still stuck on wave 2 at most places. If your a fan do you want the new stuff or the same stuff that you've seen for a couple of months ???

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRU is notorius for ordering too much of something. They sell as well as anywhere else, except toysrus has 50 billion cases in the back they will never sell through.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Don't know where you're located, but my TRU is shifting them pretty quickly, they've re-stocked Wave 1 deluxes at least twice (we've not seen Wave 2 yet). They've had a 'Buy 2 get 1 free' offer on, which has probably helped, I've certainly taken advantage of it!

5. allenspidey

allenspidey Active Member

I'm in Ohio but the store is in Vienna WV. He said that they haven't been through the original toys that were stocked yet. Just worries me that if sales are down at other stores, Hasbro may scrap future releases.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Just because sales in 1 store are down (especially since it's TRU) doesn't mean Hasbro will scrap releases.

I personally am having a hard time finding just about anything decent. A KB toys has some wave 1. That's about the only store in the area that still has Animated.

7. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

My TRU has a ton of Prowls, Lockdowns, and Voyager Megs and Starscreams. Everything else is selling fast.

The Universe pegs are always empty.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Maybe they have a lot of the same Animated stock lying around, like a bunch of Blackarachnias, Ratchets and Bumblebees?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My Wal-Mart sells out of both ridiculously fast. Seems that the only straglers are Universe Prowl, Animated V Megatron and Animated Bulkhead.

I've only been to my TRU once (it's a long trip) recently and they had one Universe Prowl, one of each Voyager Animated released and no TFA Deluxes.

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    sales were going beautifully here....that is until my store restocked pretty much only ratchet's and BA's :banghead:  ...seriously hasbro....what the hell....don't you want to make money?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That sounds like the store's doing, not Hasbro.

12. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are less universe than animated right now.

also if they had wave 3 animated deluxes i bet those would be snatched quickly too

13. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are less universe than animated right now.

also if they had wave 3 animated deluxes i bet those would be snatched quickly too

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    He tell him:confused2 

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

My toys r us sold out quick and restocked with wave two that is selling well. THey can't keep Universe or, suprisingly, The Animated Leader Figures. They sell out FAST.

16. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    All my ToysRus had was wave one, but it was a full jammed aisle of them, plus an endcap.

17. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

There's lots of Animated Wave 1 stuff at my local TRU. Either they ordered a lot from Hasbro or not many people around here have seen the show and just aren't interested, or a combination of both.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

My local TRU has tons of Lugnutz, Prowl, BA, and Ratchet warming the pegs, especially Lugnutz. Grimlock, SS, and Megatron however have been flying off the shelves.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The shelves are CLOGGED with Animated and don't seem to be selling well at all. Of course as others have pointed out that doesn't mean they aren't selling in other places though. I really hope the next series of Transformers has good stories like Animated but a TOTALLY different look. The look is what is killing it for me. I simply can't buy them. It is a shame since I think I would be a huge fan if they didn't look so "non-robot" for lack of a better phrase.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only find empty universe pegs- I have never seen one in stores and I check frequently.

Anywho, TRU has only stocked wave 1 animated around here, and a TON of them. So, they're a little behind actually. I think most people who want one of wave 1 have pretty much got what they need. TRU is just overstocking the wrong items again, which is really pretty standard around here.