Local Post Office keeps leaving "invisbile" notices of attempted deliveries?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Aug 20, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok... so for the past year... *any* package I receive that goes through USPS at some point... I've had to resort to going to the local Office to pick up. If it weren't for the fact that I never ship without some sort of tracking information... I'd *never* know if a package has even reached stateside, let alone pick it up before these guys return it to sender.

They claim on the tracking tickets *every* time that a "notice was left" which can't possibly be the case. Why? My packages arrive at my folk's home, because someone in the family is *always* home. Also, we've got security cameras at the entrance with weeks worth of film stored in it.

*Every* time I check around the time stamp left on the tracking tickets... guess what? NO ONE is even near the damn mail box.

I have complained several times to the local office... and diddly squat has been done. Today, I have TWO packages from two locations... that ofc AGAIN have "notices left" with no such papers left in the mailbox.

If my Local Post Office is worthless in helping with this matter... where do I go to complain further up the chain?

I swear... this is quite frustrating.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Are you sure your address is correct on your house, clearly noticeable and your mailbox clean and easy to access?

3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. I *never* have a problem with packages from Fedex or UPS arriving home. Regular envelopes from the Post Office also arrive with no problems... it's strictly packages that wind up having invisible "notices left."

Only happens when things have to go through USPS from overseas. The websites all have my home address printed out exactly as I entered them, and printed off a machine, not by hand, so it's legibility shouldn't ever be the issue.

Really... it's like I said... the carrier doesn't even bother to step up into the door step to leave any notices. I check my camera, not a soul in sight. I even fast forward through an ~15 minute interval and I see nothing at all.

So now tomorrow I have to waste 10-20 minutes waiting to get my packages... just hope it's not as bad as last time. The package was NO WHERE near the bins they were supposed to be stored in. They had three people scour around for it over a half hour... only for them to find the damn thing as soon as I drove back home in frustration over their incompetency.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't have a notice left when my Botcon nonattending set was being delivered, but I knew it was coming because of the tracking number. When I went to the post office and told them they had a package for me, the first thing they said was, "Give us the notice that was left." When I told them there was no notice left, they said, "Then how do you know you have a package waiting?"

At that point I began wondering why we still fund the Post Office.