LOC wave 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Jun 23, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i only bought thundercracker only seeing as the other are repaints.

ive been looking fwd to this guy since i was put off by the regular version with the humongous left hand kibble. i suppose the LOC vary remarkably in that the rear end of the fuselage is not attached to the left arm, rather a smaller kibble forming the the underside forms a more proportionate gun w/o sacrificing hands.

TC is good in that it one ups the regular version by having a left hand and not being floppy. its not great in that despite being in a wave of repaints hasbro skimped on the neck and knee articulation, which while not necessary would have shot up this figure's rating considerably.

queue does the knee bend? jokes.

p.s. the shoulder gaps are actually much closer/less visible. think i didnt lock the tabs properly.

[​IMG]

2. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I still love the fact that we got a pretty decent looking Su-35 as a Transformer, I'll definitely be picking this guy up if I find him. It's a shame that a couple of these improvements couldn't be incorporated into the deluxe sized toy.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, can't wait to add him to my growing LOC collection.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well I'll get the whole wave, as I have every loc/GF EZ out there. would hate to have easy to find ones be a completion killer! plus I am going to steal the white pieces from sunstorm for my custom one so I don't have to worry about paint chipping anymore.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    in all honesty the sunstorm and excillion repaint is pretty rad in person.

the yellow on sunstorm is inexplicably cool in person despite the ability to gouge your eyes, while the red on excillion actually makes the mold attractive when we already know how much LOC hotshot is teh suck.

prime is like super meh.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll get all but Prime.. But i want Thudercracker most of all..

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I'm only getting prime so that he's not the only one I don't get, and plus he'll make it a little easier to paint up a nemesis from.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I got all of them but Prime, this wave has the best detailing. :thumb 

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

How many cassettes does he hold?

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i just picked these up at TRU minus the Prime as well. For some reason the other two repaints are more appealing to me, or acceptable for some reason then a prime repaint. Especially considering Prime is not even complete. It's just the lame cab section. Plus the paint scheme is so so. I feel a little bad since he is the only one I don't have now.

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    maybe its cause the others are actually different characters and the prime is not, and he's not even a completely new color pallet *L*

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I can't see myself getting him either if he ever makes it over here. He's not a new character like the other two (ironic given my story for Sunstorm), although I do think he looks sharp in black and red. Those colours work on Oprimus.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Right, I do like the colors, however if it were all black and called nemesis prime I would have bought it, but Two primes? nah. Just like I am not getting the larger version.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If prime was black with teal trim then yes I'd buy him..

15. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Such a trustworthy being!

I picked up Thundercracker, since he is a new mold that as has been mentioned, pretty much outshines the deluxe one. I really can't say more about him than has already been said here.

I also picked up Red Hot Shot, as I am a sucker for all things Hot Rod/Rodimus-related. I like him and his joints seem tighter than the original one; however, the red is too bright on him, it should be more of a burgundy like the Deluxe. I forgive him for that, since his wings are orange instead of blue. (Not to mention riveted-in so they aren't swappable like the deluxe)

Finally, I got Sunstorm, as I am a sucker for the character and regret missing out on the G1 exclusive (I don't regret skipping the Universe recolor of Armada Thrust, as I hated that mold). Sunstorm again seems to be tighter than Starscream, and has more paint apps than his predecessor. Unlike the recent Minicon of the same name, this Sunstorm definitely has the look of the character locked in. The color scheme resembles the HOC Sunstorm PVC from a few years ago, as well as the character in the DW comics. He is definitely the brightest of all toys to bear his name, and unlike Hot Shot, the brightness is a very good thing.

16. Bertson

Bertson Unreconstructed Elitist

Does anyone else find that the plastic tolerances on Sunstorm are really off. His hips are kinda loose on mine, and the knees are incredebily tight, such that transforming him means pulling the legs right off. The nosecone also doesn't seem to line up as well as the other versions of this mold.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I got them all so far and Thundercracker is the nicest of the bunch. I really hope they will do more of them. Even Metroplex and Primus!

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thundercracker was the first loc I got, along with the HS & OPs repaints and Red alert. I love both T.C.'s, but love the loc one more. Hot shots awsome!, same with the rest, and I was surprised how fun Red alert was, him being much less complicated then his larger companion. Now to find Excellion and deluxe OPs.

19. wingblade

wingblade Member

Just got Thundercracker and Sunstorm. Didn't like the Hot Shot mold much, and Prime's not different enough, so I'll skip those two recolors.

Thundercracker, like others have said, is far better than the deluxe mold. I love that he has a left hand plus the gun. Sunstorm's a nice recolor of Starscream, although I like Starscream more. Both hold together really well in either mode, plus I'm a sucker for flying/jet TFs, so I think I have a new second favorite (Thundercracker, Starscream's still top gun in my LoC collection).