llamatron's "How to improve the movie in 3 easy steps" thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by llamatron, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, so having seen the movie there are a few things that could have easily been done that would have made the film 10,000 times better in my opinion. Here we go:

1) Starscream: Introduce him towards the start of the film and have him coordinate the Decepticons search for Megatron / Allspark. He wouldn't have to do that much, maybe just speak with Barricade and Blackout via radio.

2) Jazz / Barricade chase. Here's a good way to resolve 3 major issues with the film: the lack of impact of Jazz's death, the disappearance of Barricade and the lack of a really good transforming car chase. After Prime shows Bonecrusher how it's done, they could have added a totally sweet Jazz / Barricade chase / fight along the freeway. You know, driving then transform and jump over a bridge then back to driving. Use this as a chance to give Jazz some time to really shine so everyone loves him, and give us some closure on Barricade (although I'd like to see Barricade sneak away after Jazz off's him).

3) Get rid of Maggie. Annoying as shit. Still keep Keller though.

Right, so now I've proved that I'm a total whining fanboy, anyone else got some easy ways to improve the film?

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's mine:

1. Slow frames down on the action sequences

2. Reduce shaky action scenes

3. Don't blur the action sequences

Seriously, I think the fast action, shaky and blur shots were intentionally done because of the lack of confidence in the effects...if that were so, I wish it wasn't because the effects on the bots were extremely good.

And yeah, they didn't need Maggie at all...no offence to the actress but they could have skipped her role.

3. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

1. less shaky shots, better sequences with the 'bots. don't hide 'em!

2. tweak that dialogue. no silly dialogue as much as possible for 'bots, especially Optimus Prime.

3. less boring exposition. like those ones with all that hacker shit and the military.

oh, and i just wanna add one more

4. less blatant product placement!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I got another one. Make the Blackout intro scene longer. I thought he would enflict a real carnage, but all he did was shoot a few things and rip the computer out. When it was over, I seriously said "already?".

5. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Not killing Jazz!!! ;) 

6. BigByteSlim

BigByteSlim Cybertronian

Agreed; at times I couldn't understand what was going on in the action sequences :confused: .

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I enjoyed the movie but sometimes, I felt cheated in some of the scenes! LOL!

8. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

Poor action sequences were the fear that most fans had. I've always thought Bay's blurry, shaky action sequences are a cop out to real professional filming. If you remember the car chase scene with the truck in The Island, most of the action was impossible to actually comprehend visually, but you intuitively know what's happening, for the most part. Every once in a while you get a glimpse of some kind of vehicle. I find it annoying, personally.

9. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd say my only real gripe would be the shaky/blurry action scenes as well. It's like only Ironhide gets to hog all the cool "Bullet-time" effects.

Still an awesome movie despite that.

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I have never watched the Island but the way you described it...its like what happened in the TF movie to me...only good thing about the action were the explosions.

The movie could have done better with more fast shots, which were repeated slowly like the Starscream crashing into the car screen, Bonecrusher and Optimus falling off the freeway or something like that...so we could have appreciated the special effects.

But then again, some fans may enjoy the shaky camera effects.

11. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

REALLY!? I thought it was very easy to understand and it really pulled ya in the action. I knew exactly what was going on, on my first viewing. o_O 

[edit] If the "Bonecrusher VS Prime" scene is any indication on how the rest of the action sequences are, it should be absolutely no problem whatsoever to fully understand and soak in every second of action.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh, you can understand what was going on but this being a TF flim, you would want to see clearer shots of 2 big ass robots duking out! XD

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Wow, I thought that the THE ISLAND motorway chase was a beautifully choreagraphed sequence and I had no trouble following it visually and intuitively. Guess I'm going to love the TF action then!

14. TheShape

TheShape Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    More starscream development - whinging, challenging megatron etc

15. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

When Sam plunged the Allspark into Megatron's chest, I felt that it was too quick, not enough tension. After Prime told Sam to plunge it into Prime's spark, I feel that it should cut to a slow motion sequence of Sam looking at Optimus, then the cube, then Megatron, to show that he is actually deliberating whther to risk it, rather than making it so spur of the moment. It will make the scene seem more dramatic, to show that he truly understood that "No sacrifice, no victory" mantra (the scene atop of the building was not enough IMO) and that he was willing to risk his life doing what he felt was the right course of action.

Also, no peeing sequence, I felt that the joke was too crude.

16. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    -Better action scenes, less blur and slower

-Show us how Bumblebee defeated Barricade and explained where has Barricade gone to after the high way chase

-More development for Jazz before he is killed off, and show the Autobots are sad of his death. I feel the Autobots don't really care about his death in the end...

17. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

I understood what was going on, but compared to say a Star Wars action scene where you get very clear, solid, extended shots of ships flying by, blowing up and cockpit views of external action, Bay's sequences are quick blurry shots of portions of vehicles and character profiles for the most part. He conveys tense furious action via an extremely narrow field of vision. I'd rather see long wide views of the bots battling like what I've seen of the game.

18. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I didnt have a hard time following the action at all myself. I think if it was slowed down it might reveal chinks in the CGI armor.

That keeps you from looking at all the CG with a critical eye. My theory anyway.

I think with some editing and maybe a few dialogue changes (mostly with the bots) it would make a great fun movie just a bit better.

19. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

exactly! he just came out of nowhere and started giving orders. wtf? I still say they just edited alot of his shots out though. maybe more with extended DVD format.

as for the blur and shaking, it added to the experience. I thought it was used well with the sound. it put you in there. if big ass robots were tearing each othe apart in a major metro area, it would look and sound just like that.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I think also - shakes were done to mask the CGI but I think it wasn't necessary as the bots look great!

sharke - I get what you mean and although I expected some shakes...but the level of them (shakes) were kind of extreme for me.

The highlights of the movie should be the robots; which are but I would like to see some of the actions clearly...examples of such movies:

i) The Terminators fight;
    ii) T-Rexs in Jurassic Park;
    iii) King Kong fighting the dinos;

I'm sure there are better examples but the above are those that I can think of right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.