Non-TF: Live like a champion project

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wylungz, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

SO.... i am a huge WWO, i guess TNA fan.. love UFC, Strikeforce.. but what i love the best is .. BELTS!

i bought mma belts, wwe belts.. but if u ever bought them, foam ones.. replica ones... u never get the same feeling as what the real ppl who have them are feeling...

FOAM belts - suck
    REPLICA BELTS - what i am working with (the plates) .. the belts are horrible.. they are stiff as hell.. stuffed with cardboard and they end up breaking/ripping.. no matter wat i do.. shaving cream trick.. bucket trick.. they soften up the belts but in the long run, these fake leather will not last they way they made them..

there are places out there where u can buy custom re-leathered belts that are more realistic,.. but the top ones are either very professional and another that is good looks very.. homemade no matter how professional it looks.. so that means to me..
    - they are custom made.. which means it can be done urself
    - i dont want to pay $200+ for something that can cost me less than $50 plus alot of work on my own side

THE MISSION..

i want a more flexible, durable, softer belt.. i have the ingredients.. now its just time to apply customizing skills and hard work from one area to another..
    i am going to take the plates off my replica belt.. make the new leather belt, and then place them on this.. its sounds easy but ehh. does anyone else know how to sew and tailor something nicely like a belt? lol i hope someone does out there! =P

After if this goes well.. i will post it and then the next project will to make my own belt of my own design.. and that will be fun because that will be like building a belt from scratch.. designing it.. and then using customizing painting skills and preparation to make it =D

-new leather and a insulation black filling for the inside that is very sturdy yet very flexible.
    [​IMG]

my current WWE belts that i will be working with
    [​IMG]
    The old belt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Good luck. Where did you buy the leather and insulation?

3. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

fabric store in city, (nyc) also i love that picture of zombie optimus! ....
    man i just spent like 7 hrs figuring out how to use a sewing machine and installing thread.. wow.. haha.. i just made a sample belt right now and it came out great!

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i always liked the way the heavy weight championship looked. goodluck with the belt transaction.