Live Free or Die Hard first 8 minutes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808403725/video/3107527/standardformat

Check it out. Yahoo has the first 8 minutes of the movie plus all the trailors up. I think this looks like the biggest action packed, shoot-em-up, blow stuff up movie of the entire year. Plus just from watching that, I got alot of 'sitting on the edge of my seat' kind of suspense feeling waiting to see if somebody got shot or if they got out. There was even a Terminator cameo! :D  It seems like it might be a pretty well done movie.

I can't wait to see this movie! Yippie-kai-yay mother!

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Um...there's this other action movie coming out this year, about the same time actually, that you might want to check out. Not sure if you've heard of it or not, but it's called Transformers, and IT is actually the biggest action packed, shoot-em-up, blow stuff up movie of the entire year.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll see Transformers twice and save Die Hard for DVD rental :p 

4. Rodimus

I was speaking impartially. Somehow I expected one of us, being fanboys like we are, to come out with a comment like that... but seriously, to the impartial action movie fans in the rest of the world, Live Free or Die Hard looks like the one.

Anyway, did you even take a look at the scene? What did you think?

5. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Since when can't people watch more than one action flick a summer?

6. Rodimus

Since when did this thread all of a sudden become a Transformers thread?

Sounds like some of you folk are a bit latched on and almost sound defensive that another movie should EVEN enter the same movie theatre or the same PLANET that the Transformers movie is on. Come on guys! What do you think about the movie clip?

7. Rodimus

Thank you. That's what I was saying in my previous post.

Now... Live Free or Die Hard..... I like what I saw. What about you?

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I was just saying...it's cool and all, but I'd rather see TF twice than DH in the theater. I never said I didn't like it. Just I usually wait for rentals. If you go to the movies, sure, it looks to be great.

9. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Transformers would seem much more appealing because of the mix of comedy and action.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think average movie goers might (I stress the word) prefer to watch TFs for the special effects...just like when Jurassic Park came out...know what I mean?

11. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

I think there is plenty of days this summer to see both movies. I can't friggin wait to see LFODH, looks awesome.

12. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm pretty sure the rest of the impartial world will feel Transformers is the biggest, bestest action movie of the year, too :p 

No, I'm opting out of watching 8 minute chunks of films since Spiderman 3's release. But I've read reviews from those who have, and they said it looks like Michael Bay style, without the Michael Bay energy.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    well im def going to go see this when it opens on Wednesday i love how this was suppose to come out at the same time Transformers was but hahaha i doubt i would have stood the same ground!!! it may end up being the secound best movie of the year even though i am one of the few that enjoyed the Pirates movie until the end so.... and i have all plans to see Oceans 13 and FF this sunday so ill let you know how i feel after that which is the best so far!!

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

lol ok.

John McLaine > robots.

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

That clip was awesome. I'm gonna watch TF in theatres, and if it's still there, LFDH for my birthday. This just seems so, much action packed. I think it'll have 3x the action as TF.

16. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

LFODH looks pretty damn awesome. May have to catch that one.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm sure I'll see Die Hard at some point if I have enough money after seeing the 'other' movie mentioned in the thread several times. Bruce Willis is a badass. Besides, taking out a helicopter with a car = awsumniss.

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'll see it, but I'm not fucking happy about it being rated PG-13...

19. Rodimus

Personally, I really don't think that's a big deal. That's basically like the people complaining about Spiderman's web shooters when they still shoot out of his wrists anyway. Very minute detail. Actually this way, PG-13 makes it more accessable to more people as there isn't that restriction that would keep teens from being restricted by their parents from seeing it. He still says the famous catch line in it too, so just because there's not as much foul language, I don't think will hurt it one bit. On the contrairy, I think it will help it. I mean the action and the suspense (better than a favorite hit series of mine: 24) looks so good that the choice of words with how many F-bombs there are is really irrelivent.

I just dont' get the criticism over the rating. It's like getting Optimus Prime as a flat nosed Semi voiced by Peter Cullen that looks every bit true to original form except for the color of hands, and complaining his hands are blue in the show when they should have been black. Very minor. Any just casual fan wouldn't even notice the difference.

At least, that's my opinion on the matter.

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh dear god it is Mac from those stupid ads. Please for the love of god McClain Shoot the little dickweed.

edit: Oh and the little hypocrite is using a PC rig. You smug little hypocritical punk!