Live Action Transformers.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr Grimm, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So then, if the movie is a success and sequels are made, what does everyone think the chances of a live action Transformers series being produced are? Would anyone want to see something like that, or should it be left in cartoon form?

Please don't use this thread to bash the movie. The series in question could follow directly from the movie(s), or be something a bit different.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    hell no, way too much money for live action series, CGI ones like BW would be cool

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally I wouldn't want to see a live action Transformers series on television. It could easily degrade to something like Power Rangers or, Primus forbide, the Animorphs.

4. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    A "suitmation" series would be pretty interesting, but it would be too complicated to ever work.

5. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I think it's will be possible in the near future to make a live action+ cgi TF series for TV. The real problems currently is cost and an iterested audiance. Well the cost of effects are always coming down... and hopefully with the new movies, the number of fans will keep going up.

If it were to ever happen... it would have to be picked up by network TV and shown Prime Time.

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, I think for a live-action series, it would be more like Knight Rider with episodes where the characters may not transform. The transformations would be cool, but not very frequent.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Movie good, tv real bad. It would cost to much and if they did it would probally come out like the Power Rangers..

8. randomrage

randomrage Herald of Unicron

Hopefully the movie will be a success, sequels will be made, and they will start cranking out more new Transformer cartoons series.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yeah, a live action TV series would be a no no, just give me a good animated series ala Beast Wars and I'll be happy!

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

No way, it would look way to cheap, i'll be happy with a high detail 2D or 3D (Beast Wars), that would be great and the best way to do it.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    What? No, no, too much money for a Tv show, unless you want to watch a show similar to "Power Rangers". ^_^
    Bring back Mainframe!!!!!! :rock 

12. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Well, with Lucas bring Star Wars to TV... I've got the feeling Transformers would actually be easier to do. So if that can be done... it definatly opens the door to the possibility. See my point?

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

CGI would be the way to go.

14. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

i like the beast wars idea, do it in CGI!!

15. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

If you look at any Sci-FI TV series there is on now, its mostly just acted scenes on sets with one or two special effects scenes. Even a Star Wars TV show would be something along those lines. A Transformers TV show would need to be mostly, if not all, special effects scenes. If a TV network were to do this, they would be thinking "how could we do this and keep the budget as low as possible?".
    Movie makers tend to be more concerned with making a spectacle than saving money, TV show makers have to keep more of an eye on that bottom line. A TV show would suffer from this, so I say keep it on the big screen (with big budgets)

16. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I doubt there will ever be a live-action TF show anywhere in the near future for the same reasons that many have listed already. Also, cartoons and/or BW CGI allow for a great deal more freedom in toy and character design (nothing has to be spot-on realistic, stories can be written around the designs, etc).

I mean, if the designers come up with a hibiscus, a futuristic alien spaceship, and a Fender Stratocaster as new TF toys, the show writers can figure out everything else, story-wise.

Live-action show can't be as forgiving, especially when budgets are involved. Yeah, they could film a transformation sequence once and reuse it to save money, but given the amount of times a TF will change forms during a show, multiply that by about 8 for each faction and that's still a lot of money being spent, not counting the changes to backgrounds, lighting, etc.

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I don't think they would have the budget to do something spectacular, for now cartoon is the way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.