LittleBigPlanet - Super Mario Bros : Level 1-1

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SixEleven77, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Joe I hope you can get it working looking forward to some TFW meeting before the beta ends.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    i didnt think you could re-download it.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously dude, I have spent more time playing people's levels, especially that God of War one, and some Hallow Bastion one that was a lot of fun.

I just didn't know their plans for the community were so robust. The fact that you can play peole's levels and do searches for "Zany, creative, artistic, frantic" and then rate people's levels, leave comments and Favorite them, and that they can give you usable rewards for playing their levels that you can apply to your own levels, so it's a cool circle of interaction. I didn't want to get into building yet, because it's so close to Beta end, but I can't wait.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you go to your account management, it's in your download history, just hit the download link again. I started it last night, but didn't have time to finish the download. So I just canceled it and was going to do it tonight.

5. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you go to your account management, it's in your download history, just hit the download link again. I started it last night, but didn't have time to finish the download. So I just canceled it and was going to do it tonight.

6. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Soooo.....

What is this game actually about?

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Man where are you guys finding these good maps? All the ones I find are utter crap.

8. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, after spending a good 6 and a half hours over the last two days playing with this beta, I am sad to say that it isn't really what I was hoping for. The story mode is actually pretty good. However there's something hollow and empty about the whole thing.

I played through some really really good levels (God of War, Space Pirates) and some really terrible ones (Green Hill Zone, Pitfall). But the total lack of an ability to easily insert enemies really seems to bother me. I think it's cool that you can create enemies, but it would have been a lot more fun for me if I could capture, acquire and edit pre-existing enemies to insert into levels.

Also, the level creation is pretty awesome. But I would kill for mouse and keyboard support. The controller just doesn't do it for me. So after dying to play this game for the last 2 years, I am regretfully going to be passing on the retail version of it.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Don't forget this beta is highly scaled back, there's 50 levels of dev-made content to come, each one with rewards. There might be cookie cutter enemies you can shove in a redecorate.

Personally I don't much care for the creation aspect, I'm more interested in playing other peoples stuff, and that, I think, is worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  10. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was really interested in making new content for the game. It was the biggest draw for me. The tutorials are really helpful, but they can take forever to go through. I'm going to give it another go sometime today before the beta expires.

If people can get the hang of the creation tools, then I can see this having a nice slow and steady build-up to some great content. For me it's just a bit overwhelming compared to what I was hoping for.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Yeah, that's how I felt too, it takes just a little bit too much effort to make something really cool if you follow me. Which is fine, but it's not quite as accessible and easy as they make out, took me hours to get my Rocket Cow and hoverboard to work right. As for the terrain editing, while it's simple, it's not quite as easy to make something as flowing and interesting as I'd thought.

However other peoples levels were proof enough that I think I'll enjoy this regardless.

12. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The God of War level made my jaw hit the floor. And the Space Pirates was pretty darn fun. So I know good levels can be had. If the LBP guys can get some sort of easy enemy thing in then the levels will feel a lot more alive.

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

damn not long now till understand wtf you guys are talking about. getting pumped for this game yo.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah that God of War level was insane and fun too.

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I am not much for reviews. But the details in IGN's have me more excited about playing through this. Whether I ever create or not.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, 9.5 from an Xbox-ball-licker (IGN) spells good things. That means even MS couldn't pay their way into a bad review. It would have been far too obvious.

IGN Advertisement

How do I get that Sephiroth and Snake Doll?!?!

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sucks the Beta is over looking forward to the full release in a couple weeks. I wonder if you can import textures, etc.. from a USB stick?

18. smangerbot

snake?!

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out Da link, Foo' in the photos section, there is a Snake Doll. i tried to redeem my Kratos doll but the code didn't work. I'm going to ask Gamestop for another code.

Not sure, but the game lets you use your camera to snap shots that can be used at Textures. I had photos of the Transformer BluRAy cover all over my level.

20. smangerbot

the response i was looking for was "SNAKE?"