Customs: little paint help?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jan 8, 2010.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all. Was looking at the movie reference page, and saw the picture of Movie Bee's color chart. I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to how to make blued gunmetal. I know that there's a way to do this to actual metals, but I'm looking for a paint mixture that matches pretty closely to it. Thanks everyone!! OP83

2. FartRipper67

FartRipper67 Well-Known Member

I would take some black or gunmetal, and add some silver or steel or something comparable to sparkle it up, then add a small amount of blue to put some color to it.

Of course, the mixture would depend on the type of paint used. Testors gunmetal is more so just a glossy black, hence why I would throw some silver in it. Tamiya gunmetal however, would only need some blue AFIK.

Hope I was somewhat helpful.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks much fartripper! I've already got a mixture with black and silver testors goin, Maybe I'll take a bit out of it and see what I can do about adding some blue to it to see if I get anywhere decent. Thanks again!