LITG Volume 2 #11

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Some of the reports:
    Source: Comic Book Resources

Don't do it Sony!

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

No Suicide Squad? :( 

Damn IC spoilers, that one's pretty easy to guess who.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A gift for Mr. Pat Lee:

[​IMG]

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm stumped. Who do you think it is?

As for the House of M stuff, THANK FRIGGIN GOD! Morrison f'ed up the X-Universe so badly.

5. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Highlight for my thoughts:
    Well if you read last week's spoiler we know it's not Batman, and you know they'll never kill off Superman again, leaving of the big three: Wonder Woman. And who just happened to have returned in her own little special just in time for Infinite Crisis? Donna Troy.

Seems about right at least, but that could be a red herring. Then again, if this is considered unknown spoiler material, why would they have one?

6. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

j3 your thoughts are pretty much what i guessed as well i got a few other thoughts but that one is the closest i can see.

7. DevilzFan

That actually makes alot of sense. Though I don't know if it'll be that obvious. But we shall see. It is doable without many problems. Donna and Diana do look alike, so the casual readers wouldn't much know the difference.

8. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    My thoughts:
    <font color=#020028>I was thinking either Wonder Woman as well or Captain Marvel... he's getting a new series.

Who else has a successor?
    Batman = Nightwing, Robin (we know Batman doesn't die)
    Superman = Superboy, Supergirl (doubt they'd kill Superman off again)
    Wonder Woman = Donna, Wonder Girl
    Green Arrow = Connor, Roy, Speedy
    Captain Marvel = Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr.
    Aquaman = Tempest
    Flash = Kid Flash

How about villains, any of them with successors?</font>

9. DevilzFan

My thoughts again heh:
    <font color=#020028>1. Rumor has it that Batman, no longer being able to trust the League, leaves the JLA. His replacement "supposedly" is Nightwing. So we know Bats is still around. They won't kill off Supes. They won't kill off Ollie again. Conner was GA for awhile, didn't click.

Captain Marvel's a good choice though. Billy Batson dying could have a huge impact. ?</font>

10. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

They could have a red herring just to keep Rich Johnston off track, since he's been doing a rumor column since... I dunno, 1999 or so.

11. The Spider

<font color=#020028>Right. Also, killing off Superman or Batman would put them in a pickle while the movies are being made. However, they did introduce the All-Star line this year...

And from what I read, the Connor GA series actually did moderately well, even though it wasn't a top 10 ordered book or whatever. The only reason it was canceled was just because DC really, really wanted Kevin Smith to relaunch the book and get even bigger sales from it.

But it would be really redundant (and too soon) to pull it off again, especially when long-time readers know that Ollie came back from the dead only four years ago.
    </font>

12. The Spider

But really, <font color=#020028>why would having a large population of mutants eff up the X-Universe? This isn't like Fantomex killing Darkstar or Emma Frost hooking up with Scott Summers or Wolverine decapitating Magneto.</font>

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    <font color=#020028>Which should actually leave Wonder Woman safe, too. They've got Joss Whedon onboard for that one, so I doubt they'd want to replace her with that movie in the pipeline.</font>

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if it's Green Lantern. :lol 

14. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I've actually heard the possabilty of maybe oracle being the one who bites it and the current batgirl being her sucessor kind of a long shot but still

15. DevilzFan

On the House of M:
    <font color=#020028>The whole "Going Public", X-Corp, The school with 50,000 mutants, it all never sat right with me. Yeah, I enjoyed a few of the characters, Cucoo's, etc. But in the grand scheme of things, how did the Marvel Universe go from having a fairly low mutant population, to suddenly having an outbreak of what seemed to be millions of mutants everywhere?</font>

16. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Sinister ? I dunno.. ive not read a marvel comic since they canceled Captain marvel...

17. The Spider

<font color=#020028>It MIGHT make Wonder Woman safe, but come to think of it, I believe there's going to be ALL-STAR WONDER WOMAN book before long. So there's a chance that any of the big three could bite it... But it would be something of a retread, wouldn't it? 1) Superman died, there were four Supermen who took his place. 2) Batman got his back broken, replaced by Azrael, later comes back and takes another break with Dick Grayson taking his place. 3) Wonder Woman died, elevated to Godhood and replaced by Hippolyta for a little while.

If it's Green Lantern... It would be kinda ludicrous to kill off Hal Jordan NOW, wouldn't it? And the others don't really have actual successors. Maybe Jade might be one, but I dunno.

</font>

18. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I would Laugh Mightaly if thats what they did...

19. The Spider

Come to think of it.... <font color=#020028>The only time I remember them doing a tie-in while the main character of the TV show was dead in the comics was the Flash TV show in the 90's (where Barry Allen was the Flash instead of Wally).

Also another thing: Captain Marvel was a member of the original Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire JUSTICE LEAGUE. Wouldn't it kind of fit in with how some horrible things happened to the Giffen-era LEAGUE? Elongated Man's wife dead, Blue Beetle dead, Max Lord turning out to be a villain and dead...
    </font>

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm gunna type in black like everyone else...YAY!

I'm putting my money on Flash. Why? Johns had stated that after IC there would be no point for him to continue writing the book. They just killed off a Wonder Woman a while ago, GA is recently back from the dead, GL is the same, Batman's future has already been stated, Superman already died but I do think they'll radically change the character. Hawkman is currently dead, we think.

Who do I really want to see die though? martian manhunter. The guy has been around forever and really has no bearing on the universe except to be on the JLA. Kill him off and be done with it. Or just wipe out Booster Gold. A Booster without a Beetle just doesn't click.