Lit C-1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    A lightcycle? OMG I WANT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly. Finally, my dream of owning a light cycle could be realized!

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I want one as well. It looks really cool.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    im sure itll do well like the smart car and fiat 500 have done. Oh wait.....

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    These things always look nice but they're generally fairly useless for everyday life. The only way these things would ever become mainstream would be if normal vehicles were entirely banned and people had no choice other than this.
    I could see them being used more in some kind of smug self-satisfied private community closed to ordinary people.

I hope it has some kind of stand when not in use. Or people will just have fun tipping them over.

7. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    It should. Otherwise the batteries would drain from being upright 24/7.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd still give it a go. It's black and white - it would be just like cow-tipping. :) 

I was gonna say these smaller vehicles would be easier to steal because a handful of people could probably pick them up and load them into a truck, but that would of course depend on if proper big trucks still existed by the time these things became the norm. But then we need bigs trucks to transport stuff so the world will never fully reduce down to just these little toy cars dominating the road. And frankly, if I was gonna share the road with big trucks I'd rather not be riding around in a tiny eggmobile.
    Not much use for a family either. A normal car can handle a lot of requirements while these things are limited. And that usually limits how widespread they'll be.
    As nice as the TronEgg looks I feel the realistic future of personal transport is still going to be normal-sized cars with a non-combustion engine power source, be that electric or whatever.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    200 mile range, sufficient for daily use, provided you do no need to haul anything besides your self and a bag no larger than a purse or gym bag.

I do agree with Gingerchris this is not the vehicle of the future but perhaps it is a baby step in that direction, before electric vehicles become truly viable replacements for gas/diesel powered cars:

they have to have at least 90% of the range of a similar sized vehicle with a full tank of fuel, with similar power, torque etc. The power they aren't far off the range needs work yet.

Be able to be recharged as quickly as filling a tank with gas, which would require a battery switch out and given current tech requires multiple batteries in electric cars its not feasible for this as of yet.

They need more technological advances before they become truly the way of the future.

10. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    According to their website's info on the car/bike/Tron Lightcycle, there's space for two people and bags •_• must be awfully cramped...