Listing on HLJ for CM's Star GGG and Genesic set

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Scourge_151, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.hlj.com/product/cms93088
    A reissure of the Star GGG set bundled in with the recent Genesic, pretty nifty if you don't have either of them already, shipping will be monstrous though!

2. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Wow! does anyone have detailed pictures of these figures? and all their accesoiries?

iDD

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've only got the Genesic, I never got Star. But here's some pics of the one I do own:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Genesic Gaigar / Genesic Galeon

[​IMG]

The Genesic Machines, Straight & Spiral Gao (the moles), Protect and Broken Gao (Dolphins) and Gadget Gao (bird)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few of the combined mode. The last one shows how he looks with the Gadget Feathers opened.

[​IMG]

The Protect Shade

[​IMG]

Bolting Driver and Will Knife, the hands pop out and they attach over the top. Sadly, the various screws for the Bolting Driver are not included. (They're weapons he uses, they plug into the end of the green "stalk" section)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell... and... Heaven! Different hands, again. And as the second picture demonstrates, he can also bring the arms together for the full "clasped" stance of the attack.

He's an awesome piece, though only get him if you love the design or the character. He's very fiddly with lots of parts that can and will pop off. Also, although quite poseable, he's heavy and can topple unless you balance him right.

All told, though, he's great. I'd imagine Star and the upcoming Gaofighgar would keep up the trend.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh wow, they're being reissued?! I only interested in Star because of Goldy...missed out on the first run. Any idea why its been bundled togather? To spend US$300+++ on toys is abit extreme for me, especially after converting from my local currency.

5. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    Maybe its just a deal HLJ is doing to get rid of excess figures. I think it would have been a neat idea had they just included the Galleon from the GGGG set and threw in the Gao machines and Goldy plus the gao animals to make either GGG or GGGG. But either way I'd jumped on this set if I did'nt already have GGG. I just need the Goldmarg power up set. I hope CMS will re-release Goldy when GFG comes out.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galleon/GaiGar in both sets is actually subtly different. The lion heads are quite noticeably different, with the GGGG version having a bit of a mane and a more organic shape. The hip boosters/skirt armors are also different on both sets.

I'm not sure how Genesic GaiGar's mane interacts with Stealth Gao/2, if at all.

Although, IIRC, the lion head is removable, so they could always include the different heads as well. But that still leaves the different boosters, meaning you wouldn't have an accurate GaoGaigar/Star GaoGaigar.

7. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    Yeah I forgot about the skirt armor and Galleons mane. though like you said the Galleon's head comes off (or my case in two halves when I opened the box). If it was'nt for the skirt armor it would almost work

[​IMG]

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Fuck, I wish I could get it. I wonder if BBTS will get it in? International shipping just reams you.

9. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

It could be down to HLJ stock clearing, they had the Star GGG set discounted in their sale for a while, but the Star set is described as a re-issue so maybe they have an excess of genesic at present and are hoping to entice people with a bit of a discount on both and one shiping cost (albeit a f'n HUGE one)

10. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    ...dammit, and i just ordered GGG the other day.

Oh well..at least i have them seperately? *hugs Goldy, G-GGG and GGG*