List your injuries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AutoBobby, Dec 26, 2010.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I thought this could be interesting to list the injuries that you might have had.

My most serious injury happened in 2002 when I got hit by a car.My ankle was shattered(I now have two metal plates,ten screws,and a piece of wire permanently in my ankle),torn cartilage in my knee,and a fractured pelvis.My pelvis injury had me on bedrest for six weeks.After four weeks I developed blood clots in both of my lungs and easily could have died.

Aside from that,I broke my wrist in high school playing football in my friend's backyard.I made the tackle,but paid the price.

I have also cracked a rib a couple of times.

Anyone else?

2. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Might have had? I doubt you mean it that way, but I'll play: I might've had a tubal Ligation, but I changed my mind.

Seriously, the worst injury I've had in my 36 years is a ruptured Achilles tendon. Hurt like a #@$#!%!#$%!!#, and I still don't walk right today........

3. One

One Well-Known Member

I haven't had any broken bones (yet) in my lifetime BUT I do have a lot of scars from stupid stunts that I pulled and my stunts when I was a baby. Yes I know scars do tend to go away but when you have Cerebral Palsy and don't heal as fast as you should they kind of stay on you.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    2 Separated shoulders
    5 broken fingers and toes
    4 concussions
    Sports Hernia
    Pinched nerve in neck

All of these were high school/college football injuries.

Nothing for the past 10 years aside from stitches.

5. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Bust my head twice, one required 200 stitches
    Bust my finger open required 60 stitches
    Broken pinkie finger ( that sh*t hurt)

6. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Shattered ankle that still dislocates on a regular basis, broken wrist, broken toe, gunshot wound to my calf, and (while not quite an injury but still very very very painful) kidney stones.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Broke both of my arms when I was a baby. First time was when I fell off the couch. Second time was when I chased my mum out the door and tripped over the door step.

Twisted my ankle while I was playing sports with my class back in year 4. Was off my feet for 6 damn whole weeks.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I hit my teeth on a porch once. Chipped two teeth and loosened four.

9. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haven't broken any bones. Most severe injury would have to be when I went head over the handlebars on my bike, laying down some rubber. 7 stitches in my head.

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Sprained wrist
    Broken pinkie toe
    Cut my pointer finger on my left hand so bad when I was about 8 that I still have the scar
    Used to be a Cutter, so I still have scars on my upper arms
    Got stitches in my left butt cheek when I was in 7th grade

11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I haven't broken any bones yet and hope to keep it that way. Worst off the top of my head would be slicing my back open from hip almost to shoulder on a nail when I was a kid, nearly severing the tip of my right index finger, getting in an accident on my scooter (150cc gas powered, not an electric or foot powered) that required massive knee surgery and had me off my feet for two months and dislocating my right shoulder at the gym when I was 17, tearing the muscles and causing extensive nerve damage. I lost all use of my arm for the entire summer, but thanks to an amazing physiotherapist, gaind almost all use back.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Haven't had any broken bones, but boy have I got knocked in the ole' dome maybe one too many times:lol  fell on ice twice saw stars once, twice hit in the head in car accidents... wait.. what were we talking about? >.>

13. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine are mostly scars.

First up is my neck from a car accident.

I worked in a steel fab factory that produces shelves and shelving units for stores like wal- mart.

I got chopped in the head by 4 foot shelves. The contact point was about 5 feet above my head when banding broke and it swung down and hit me. I thought my eye was poked out. I just turned, grabbing my eye, and sat down as everyone screamed around me. Luckily I had my baseball cap on or else it would have been my eye. I got a chunk of my forehead in flap mode that got sliced.

10 foot steel beam landed on my head when some idiot wasn't payng attention. Luckily hard hat area. My neck got messed up again, this time worse. Subsequent visits to a doctor caused my first rib to pop out (the electric muscle machine didn't compensate for my overly developed back muscles and they tensed so much it popped my rib out).

3rd degree burn from a 17000 (or 7000 degree, I can never remember) arc weld. I was not a happy camper that day. The funny thing is I only noticed it because of the smoke and my arm sticking to the weld. Didn't burn and blister until 3 days later and the pain was pretty high.

Fudged up rotator cuff. Means no more 90 to 100 mph fastballs from me...ever again.

broken nose I did my self from an air hose coupling. It was hooked on a skid and I tried to jumprope it over and instead it sling shot to my face. I felt more embarrassed at the time. Until I tasted blood.

Luckily I have a high pain tolerance.

Earlier , after high school, I accidently sliced two fingers to the bones. I thought it was neat. It felt like a paper cut and I thought it was, until I rinsed it out and saw my bones. I went around and showed everyone to gross them out. Nerves got shot and I got stitches.

14. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    No broken bones, multiple surgical scars on L ankle due to vascular malformation requiring regular treatment (including this injection therapy which hurts like a bitch) and damaged shoulders and arms due to years of walking with various crutches, walking sticks and wheel chairs.

But aside from problems resulting from my ankle, I've gotten away without any serious injury. Can't play sports, so that rules out one thing, I find friends annoying, so I never do anything with them so I can't get hurt that way. Only other wound of note is a scar from a suicide attempt when I was sixteen. Besisdes that, I'm fairly clean.

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    December 8 2002

Stupid Stunt. Going down a steep hill with a scooter (The type where you have the long pole with 2 handles at the top and you push yourself along with a brake at the back wheel)

Did not brake at the very end of the hill, lost balance and tripped up. Face, chest and palms of my hands slid across hard rough concrete. My entire face and palms of my hands were bleeding, I could not stop crying. Luckily my dad was nearby talking to the next door neighbour when he noticed I just crashed. :( 

#2 I was at school one time playing with friends having Grass fights (The field had just been mowed so there was a lot of loose grass lying around) A friend of mine throws quite a large piece of grass which probably had a stone in it. I tried to swat it away but it hit my hand with such force it bent one of my fingers inwards. Ouch. I had a hand cast for a few days till I could move my finger again. Now, because of that incident, I can bend that same finger inwards without it hurting. :D 

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

T-boned by a big blue truck.

broke my pelvis in four areas, bruised my pancreas and got a huge gash on my left temple all the way to my left eye. good thing i didn't lose my eye.

17. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Nothing too major. In grade 3, our classroom had fan with a ripped cord, exposing some wires that I touched by accident once and got a shock from. In grade 7, while practicing high jump for the upcoming track and field day, I knocked the bamboo pole off of the stands, landed on it, snapped it and gashed my hand on the broken part; my only permanent scar. A couple years ago, I broke my middle toe on my right foot just from walking too fast around the house and crashing my foot into the fridge.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Broken toe, other than that just a load of burns from being careless/clumsy.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Burn in the region of my left cheekbone, sustained from hot cooking oil that splashed. Long since healed without scarring, but the injured area can no longer feel touch or pain. I fry food wearing a Jason Voorhees mask nowadays. There have been many other assorted cuts, bumps and bruises, but this is the most major injury I've ever sustained.

20. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Couple of the highlights include stepping on a piece of glass when I was 4. Of course I cried and screamed, when we got over to Sewells Point Clinic I was calmed down enough to get my stitches then the old biddy came in with the velcro strait jacket and it was on like Donkey Kong after I was "strapped" in. Apparently 2 Corpsmen had to lay over my torso and legs and I kicked the Doc in the face.

The second bestest ever injury to happen to me was the time I was entertaining toddlers on the trampoline and ended up with a sprained ankle. Nurse comes in to the room to ask whats wrong...that doesn't look so bad? I rotated my foot over to the other side so she could see the purple grapefruit sticking out the left side and ran out of the room without another word said. HA HA HA it was so bad my Brother told me you're gonna wish you broke it and then the Doc came in took a look at it and said the same thing. I was out of work for 2 months, talk about teh suck, but thats what medical leave is for. Still have problems with it. But those are the highlights...