List of the Special Features from the 3D Blu-ray.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Few months ago we've seen a short list of the possible special features on the Blu-ray from Amazon.com. Now Amazon.co.uk released more. :) 

Amazon.co.uk: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy): Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Michael Bay: Film & TV

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that's fine and all, but what about the important stuff? deleted scenes? maybe an extended cut? no?

just a bunch of stuff i'll never watch? k :lol  pass. i'll just grab the dvd, when i see it cheap.

3. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's good to know something's on there! Those sound interesting. I'm most curious about Rising from the Fallen. Thanks.

4. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I already have all 3 on blu-ray so if there is really nothing to add but all those features I never bother to watch then that's just fine with me. I was afraid all 3 movies might come with extended versions later on and I'd have to eventually buy them again...but it appears that won't be the case.

Thanks for saving me some $$$!

5. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    No twin = No Buy

6. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Wow, the first two movies had plenty of special features that I'd be happy to watch, but this, this is just awful. I bet most of that concept art could be easily found online and most of those featurettes don't sound very interesting. I'm just going to keep my regular bare-bones version.

7. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No deleted scenes better mean an extended cut in the future. The one thing that annoys me the most is that there's a marketing feature. Why? Whats there to discuss? This film had the worst and least marketing out of all three of the films.

8. blackwidow1972

blackwidow1972 HELLBRINGER

News Credits:
    A waste of money

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

No feature commentary?

10. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So to get the extra features, we need to buy the 3D version? I don't want it in 3D, I would like to get one with the extra features that's not 3D. I've yet to buy DOTM.

11. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

The only deleted scene that'd make me buy this set is FINALLY seeing Optimus
    'super mode' with his trailer before going into battle.

Having him trying to get to his trailer then showing up in full battle mode is passable for the basic plot advancment, but from a movie series that relies on big budget visuals as part of it's big push NOT having filmed a scene when Prime 'maxamizes' or 'super modes' seems like a wasted chance to add to the visuals of the film.

12. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

That's not bad, but the fact that it says there's only a little over one-and-a-half hours of bonus stuff is kind of disappointing - you think they would be able to have perhaps around 3 hours of extras altogether, seeing how big of a movie DotM is.

Also, the fact that no feature commentary is mentioned is odd. (But then again, could it possibly not be considered a "special feature," but instead just be an "audio option," like the previous two movies' commentaries are?)

13. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

I was hoping to see an awesome scene with Optimus combining with his trailer while driving, while transforming.

14. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Pass. That's a lot of nothing on there. How about adding some scenes there? Movie made a billion freaking dollars and we never got to see what happened to Wheelie and Brains, never saw Prime actually combine with his trailer, never saw any grieving for Ironhide (even 'Que' got a sad face from BB when he got mafia ganked), never found out what actually happened to Cybertron and ended on the quickest note possible. How about an alternate ending where Prime doesn't just brutally murder Megatron as he's asking for a truce? Something more than pompous people talking at the camera to ruin the magic of how the movie was made, please.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  at the people complaining about lack of "good stuff". This is better than nothing. And unless you make it so that there's a half-dozen commentaries, three hours of deleted scenes and 20 hours of behind-the-scenes documentaries, there's always going to be some "good stuff" left out.

This. I'm glad that there's something VFX-related on there.

The only thing that I could want more of on their is deleted scenes and audio commentaries. And a blooper reel. The lack of gag reel is something that's always surprised me about the bonus features for the trilogy. Think about it. These movies have tried (and succeeded in a few cases) in cramming in so much humour and improv. Plus, with comedic actors like Turturro, Malcovich, LaBeouf, etc., you'd think that if we got one thing on the bonus features, it'd be a couple minutes of them flubbing their lines or different takes on those crazy ramblings of theirs. Oh well. I'm happy with what we got. I'll definitely be buying it. Especially if it comes out with a steelbook case and the bonus features. :D 

16. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    All I cared about was a possible interview or commentary or in studio voice session with Cullen. Given bloopers and deleted scenes are always at the top of my want list too... But none if that. Thanks for saving me the money!

17. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Here's what I would bet on. I'm betting that there were more scenes actually shot that probably involved robots but time and budget didn't leave enough room to finish rendering the effects for. Now in let's say 5-20 years when some 8 year old kid is using the home version of this technology to edit his class project, perhaps someone will plan to go back and finish off those scenes that were too difficult and expensive to do now.

Knowing how Hollywood can really bleed franchises like this that way, I'm betting we'll see more down the line at some point.

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    eh, no deleted scenes. oh well. As far as "behind the scenes" goes, you could easily go to youtube and type in "transformers 3 filming" and get way more "behind the scenes" than that disk probably holds for free lol.

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Actually, one other thing I wish we had. Too bad we couldn't get a "Making Sentinel Prime"-featurette. You know, talking with Nimoy about his performance, then the design, the VFX, the character arc, etc.. That would. be. perfect. As such a prominent character in the movie and one that Bay was so hell-bent on keeping a secret (except for "He's great. Really great. Great."), you'd think we'd get to find out more about his creation.

And of course, interviews with Peter Cullen. :D 

But maybe we'll get some snippets of those things in the various other features.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Big pass.

I didn't like the movie enough to watch any of the bonus features listed and the only thing I would have possibly been interested in were deleted scenes.