List of the Pros and Cons of TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys its Jimmy again from Chicago, soon to be Autobot City. To prepare myself for the filming I decided to start photographing my film toys and sit down and watch Revenge only for the third time in my life, prior to this I saw it in theaters, then again on DVD when it came out, ever since then havent watched it. Since I study film I decided to really examine it. Ever since I saw this film I have never seen a case this bad of a film series going from totally EPIC to dropping the ball, I MEAN HARD!! After I saw it for the first time I noticed it had the Xmen 3/Spiderman 3 syndrome, really cool elements but a story that went nowhere. So I decided to watch it and find all the pros and cons of this film to see which really outweigh the others, check it out and let me know your thoughts............

PROS

1. Seeing combining Transformers
    2. Seeing Devastator on screen
    3. Seeing some of the coolest trailers for a filming leading up to the release
    4. Seeing Megan Fox look a bit hotter(although Im not a fan of when actresses start altering themselves)
    5. The character of Leo(not a bad addition)
    6. Simmons having a bigger role("ONE MAN...BETRAYED BY THE COUNTRY HE LOVED.....")
    7. Seeing the coolest battle between Prime, Megs, Scream, and Blackouts bro
    8. Even more infamous Prime quotes
    9. Some of the humor(not when they were going out of their way to be funny)
    10. The design of the Matrix
    11. Sams freakout session in class and in his dorm

CONS

1. The Twins(pretty much everything about them)
    2. The Storyline(still seems a bit confusing to me)
    3. The Anti-Climatic return of Megs
    4. No proper character build up for the new Autobots
    5. Not even getting a good look at Jolt
    6. The Transformers being too animated(The spit, the smelling, etc... When the animation and robots get too realistic you forget that they are still robots)
    7. No explanation of how the Fallen got there
    8. The whole sequence of the parents at Sams College(DISGRACEFUL!)
    9. Too much humping(the dogs, Wheelie)
    10. Pretty much all of the humor that was supposed to be funny when in reality it was pretty stupid.
    11. Simmons ass
    12. The Character of Galloway(TERRIBLE ACTING!!!!!!!!!!!)
    13. The Constructions having seemingly unlimited numbers
    14. Not specifying who or how many Cons made up Devastator
    15. The reanimation(many scenes and characters were reused from the first film, go back and watch it)
    16. The same line of Sam shouting "BUMBLEBEE!!!!" being reused(I counted 3)
    17. The design and look of Alice(both as human and Decepticon)
    18. The final battle being way too chaotic
    19. The Shanghai sequence being too quick, no character build up in there either for both Autobot and Decepticon
    20. Starscream being portrayed very differently opposed to how he was in the first film.
    21. The hatchlings they were growing in the Nemesis, not sure where they were going with that(I hope that that storyline doesnt go into TF3)
    22. The link between the cube piece, the matrix, and the Sun Harvester being very unclear, not sure which one was the main focus
    23. GIVING A TRANSFORMER TESTICLES!!!!!!!!! OH COME ON!!!!!!!!

Well there are probably more but these are pretty much what comes to mind. Please let me know what your opinions are of the film and what your pros and cons are.....

2. red4

red4 Banned

Cons: Megatron, Starscream, Fallen, Grindor, Soundwave, Ravage, Rampage, Clonecrusher, etc etc etc...

I'm too clever. I know. Please refrain from giving me a standing ovation.

3. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Nice, short and sweet, but yeah those sound about right.......

4. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    there wasnt even good explanations for reusing certain stuff like that in the film......

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Pros:
    *Forest Fight
    *Prime can kick anybody's ass
    *The CGI improved - look at Prime's intro and Devastator
    *Seeing Devastator on the big screen for the first time in decades
    *Combiners, as you said with Devastator, the Twins, and JetPrime
    *The new Autobots and Decepticons had fantastic designs
    *Despite all else, the Twins had some funny lines now and then
    *Bumblebee, even without a voice, could clearly be understood with body language and radio.
    *Bumblebee isn't an immature child - he's a responsible experienced adult
    *Very cool, bot focused opening sequence
    *Entire scenes devoted to the Decepticons
    *Megatron and Starscream bickering like in G1
    *Awesome, huge firefight between Autobots and Decepticons at end
    *When a character needed to be badass in a fight or something, then by God, they were badass

Cons:
    *Absolutely no screentime for every robot besides Prime, Bee's vehicle mode, the Twins, Megatron, and Starscream.
    *Prime's dead for more than half the movie
    *Arcee sisters and Jolt either only on screen for 5 seconds, or die without doing anything useful
    *As said before, Ironhide, Sideswipe and Ratchet cannon fodder.
    *Still massive killing of really weak Decepticons
    *Most Decepticons go unnamed and with a few seconds of screentime
    *The Fallen, the namesake of the film, only has a few minutes of screentime
    *ONLY real stereotype was that Yakov dude with buck teeth.
    *Too many unneccesary humans - Leo, professor, so many others
    *Lennox and Epps and rest of soldiers hyped up with little to no payoff. All they do is yell and shoot stuff.
    *Mikeala is really only there to look pretty. Which she is, I'll admit - especially in scenes with her ass.
    *The absolutely crass sex humor in there - dog and leg humping, Alice, the parents, professor, Mikaela on top of Leo
    *SIMMONS' THONG. ABSOLUTELY UNEXCUSABLE.

There's probably more I could list, but I'm not up for it.

6. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

Imma take a look at these:
    6. Well, robots or not, they still are living beings, so some more natural actions just make them seem... more natural.

13. According to my studies, there are only two sets of Constructicons. With the destruction of Scrapmetal, came the destruction of my theorized second Devastator.
    His name is Miguel de la Calavera, and it takes a big ass kitchen to cook this tacos.

20. He was barely in the first movie, and had like three lines! This is how is portrayed. He had pretty much no portrayal in the first one.

23. I thought it was kinda funny.

Other than these, and a few others, I pretty much agree with your list.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Uh-oh, not them ROTF complaints again... well I will still agree with this (above), and also NO individual constructicon robots.:cry 

8. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

PROS:

*Optimus Prime's voice
    *Sideswipe pulling off the best movie ever on Sideways
    *the forest fight
    *the battle in Egypt
    *the improved CGI
    *Megatron getting more screentime than he had in the first movie
    *Starscream acting like Starscream
    *the awesome robot designs
    *the fact that we even got an enjoyable movie after the writers' strike

CONS:

*way too much comedy, and not just because most of was is inappropriate
    *Optimus Prime dying half-way through and coming back at the end. If I woulda done it, I would've had him die near the end and come back in the next movie.
    *too slow between the forest fight and the Egypt battle
    *Decepticons being treated like stormtroopers
    *I like the idea of Pretenders, but I don't like how it was treated
    *not enough action

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    do we have to list the clones twice?

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    "Pros?"

11. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    DEVY'S BALLS -

actually, i have to say,i enjoyed the joke and thought they pulled it off well. if it wasnt for all the other retarded jokes and humping devys balls wouldve been hilarious, its just that the irritation of the forced humor that ruined it,

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What the heck I'll give it a shot since we will all differ.

Pros

* Paratrooper Prime showed how they could just have fun with the series.
    * The camera was pulled back more and did not shake as much so we got a better look at the action.
    * Forest battle had really nice fight choreography.
    * Attempting new things like what can you do with combining when you aren't restricted by being a toy.
    * Finding new ways to combine the old with the new like on Soundwave's eyes.
    * Bulking up some of the designs so the robots looked more like war machines instead of the super skinny look.
    * Interaction between Megatron and Starscream so it was not just an Autobot movie.

Cons

* Horrible plot and story.
    * A feeling like the film was just jumping around to locations rather looking on a map to say where are things located in relation to each other. Parts of the plot and story just seem to jump in and out as well.
    * The Twins.
    * Three characters back from the dead in the same movie.
    * Not only balls on Devastator but killing him with one shot with a weapon that appears in the film with no build up just to kill him.
    * Killing characters like Ravage just to be all hey look how cool we are for killing so many robots.
    * The Fallen being so little of nothing given he's in the title.
    * The Sun Harvester.
    * The most interesting thing about the battle in Egypt being how do her pants stay so white.
    * Seeing far more of Simmons pale white butt cheeks than we needed to see.
    * Decepticons being the worst warriors in the universe since they don't even have the concept of air superiority.
    * Some of the designs going really crazy so there is no uniformity to the look of Transformers.
    * Far too long for a film that is not heavy on character and plot.
    * Good characters from the first film being shoved aside so we could have things like mom on pot brownies, gimp Wheelie, a Leo freak out, or other comedy bits that seemed to just grind the whole film to a stop.

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    After a year of people who disliked the movie ragging on and on about how bad ROTF was...are you really still surprised?

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, the only pros I could list are fanboy "awesome" moments. The movie is a worthy successor to the Big Dumb Loud FUN of the first film, UNTIL Prime dies. Then it just becomes whatever the hell, and the only good moments were, as I said, silly geeky fanboy stuff like the idea of finding old "vintage" Transformers, or the use of the Air and Space museum.

Even the final battle was disappointing, because the Decepticons never present a credible threat to the US military. Without that, the whole PLOT falls apart. This movie needed to show us some Independence Day shit of the Decepticons ruining everything with impunity...not for fanboyish reasons but because the whole plot of the second half relies on the world fearing the Decepticons. And then it turns out that they can't beat ten tanks or engage Air Force planes.

15. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

Cons:
    -Humping dogs
    -Jetfire farting(worst one imo)
    -Pot brownie humor
    -No Soundwave on earth
    -Not enough screen time for Jolt and Sideswipe
    -No lines from Jolt
    -Most of the Twins funny moments
    -Rehash ending
    -Devastator's wrecking balls dangling too low(worst one imo)

16. red4

red4 Banned

What do you mean? Grindor is a clone of Blackout, while Clonecrusher is a clone of Bonecrusher. They're 2 different clones.

Anyway, my response to the OP was a pun. "List the pros and CONS" - and what did I do? I listed Decepticons.

17. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

Pros
    - Fight scene with Prime vs the world practically...just really awesome to watch and very well done
    - More close-ups of the robots this time around
    - Awesome designs for most of the bots

Cons
    - Lame humor
    - Lack of close-ups for newer characters
    - So many new bots killed off immediately in final battle (devastator, ravage)
    - No robot mode for Soundwave, just him floating in space and one of his shots being used twice

I still enjoyed the movie, but it's something you can't look at as a cinematic masterpiece, just mindless fun for fans of transformers....I'm hoping the 3rd will fix things

18. red4

red4 Banned

Pros
    -CGI was good
    -Decepticon protoforms landing in Egypt was cool
    -Ironhide getting pissed when someone puts a gun to his face
    -Optimus fought in the same forest where I go camping
    -We finally got a sedan for an alt mode (I love sedans)
    -The movie ends

Cons:
    -Everything else

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm a fan of Leo or Simmons.

I think Prime's Character is poorly written and he does things that seem out of Character for any version of Optimus Prime aside from the evil ones.

The humor is not appropriate for a 12a / PG13 movie or for any film that will be seen by a young audience (7 year old).
    especially the sheer crudity of said humor.

I think the Matrix as a piece of Art is nice - not sure it's got anything to do with the Matrix as we would understand it before though - it's more like the Key to Vector Sigma.

The way they handled all the McGuffins was not so great overall though.

I like the Cyber glyths though as they are reminiscent of the written language in Beast Wars.

I'm not bothered by the Twins - I might even like them.

The use and re-introduction of Megatron and The Fallen seems slightly poorly thought through.

They didn't make much use to show easter egg characters in the news footage from France, Barricade was initially promised.

Sideswipe, The Arcee sisters & Jolt have no personality and perhaps the Twins are a little to enthusiastic at times - but as with so many characters they do vanish by the end of the movie or at times in the middle of the movie for some odd reason leaving Sam in danger.

The missing Springer leaves a bit of a plot hole as he was sort of supposed to help Jetfire fight Starscream in an airchase and rescue sam.

So in the first movie we have a car chase that never happened and in the second an airchase that never happened.

Convieniently disappearing Characters is the harshes critisim i'd offer other than the bad acting.

Starscream's Babies seem a little lacking in implementation and concept - being just rehashed Proto-form CGI cynically reused... it might have been nice if they'd all been F-22's or cold combine in 2 or 3's as original invisioned.

The school scenes and many of the pre-autobot meeting scenes with Sam in the first movie are terribly banal and there's more of the same in the sequel.

The movie is a little off with it's light / dark color balance at times, though thankfully slightly less shakey.

The Military scenes are just Bay's Fan Service of the Military and seem like they actually live in a completely different movie of come out of a recruitment advert they'd show to college kids.

Alice is a bit to Tin foil looking to my view - I liked the Puppet they used for shot placements better.

It might have been more fun if when it Transformed it left it's clothes on the floor. perhaps the dress falls off Sam reacts and then she transforms and sam really reacts !!!

----------

Anyway for anyone standing ready to acuse me an others of hating anything that is not MTMTE.

I'm not a fan of the original cartoon very much either (I was a Marvel comics fan) so i'm critising it as itself not by how it compares to MTMTE or the Cartoon Episodes it rips off like The Ultimate Doom and Headmasters as well as how comic book Buster reacted when he had the matrix in his head etc...

As I often say the critisism I might offer is much the same as what a non-transfan critique would offer against it.

I'm not saying it's utterly worthless just pointing out that it has some arguable flaws.

20. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    You should change the title to Pros and Noobs. LOL!