List of ships of Alex Milne

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lucas35, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found a list of ships that Alex Milne posted on twitter.

[​IMG]

I do not agree with your interpretation of Ratchet

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Good on him.

I'm serious. That wasn't sarcasm. Good on him.

3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder when this tweet would make the forum. No I don't mind ships so much as long as more a background thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

True. And I thought (and hoped) that the writers/artists would stay out of this "shipping" bullsh** and leave the comics/series untouched with it. Also, my concern that this slash sh** starts to spread slowly in the comics/series seems to come true. Good for people who loves this stuff, but very disappointing for others.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I remember the good old days when ships were something you rode in, not stupid fanfic-related bullshit.

• Like Like x 14
  6. sharkrainbow

sharkrainbow whirl is a trans girl

god we've got a bunch of salty teenage boys on here don't we?

shipping is just putting a name to the feeling of going "hey these two would be cute together" and i really hate to break it to you dudes but it's not a new thing, it's not a fandom thing, it's a thing that's been going on for at least as long as humans have been telling stories. i mean, among those of us with more emotional depth than a houseplant, that is.

hard disagree on Whirl/Swerve [Swirl?] that would be abominable.
    Ratchet as the abusive ex is not something that ever crossed my mind but now i don't think i'll ever be able to stop thinking about it, it's too real.
    Drift and Rodimus is, of course, basically canon so five stars there.
    Go Milne!

• Like Like x 10
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Okay.

8. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It's just a bit of fun. I have zero interest in this angle on characters, but it's natural that in a very constrained medium like comics people will enjoy reading more into the characters, projecting into them etc.

Before the days when corporate capitalism sorted us into 'creators' and 'the audience', people just passed round stories, and they changed the details any way they pleased to suit them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

I went into this thread expecting a whole load of awesome Starships.

Instead... no.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

I know, I know...*sigh* I shouldn´t overreact and be more "relaxed" about this topic. But it´s just an issue that has been annoying and worrying me for years now. I have nothing against yaoi (not my thing, but since it's "canon" I can tolerate it, to each his own), or slash (as long it stays in fanfiction.de, AO3 etc. etc.) or canon gay relationships in comics/films/series. As long as the writer comes up with those ideas themself and refuse to be influenced by a small (but very vocal) community of certain fans.

And no, I don´t mean the lgbt community. Their concerns and worries I can understand. I mean the "slashers", especially the "hardcore" slashers, the ones who tolerate nothing but their own (sexual) kink. Those who speak of tolerance and understanding towards their own (slash) pairings, but which are extremely intolerant towards other pairings themself. Those who hide behind the "protective coat" of progress and tolerance, but in reality they only have their own kink in mind. And last but not least; Those, who confront the writers, game developers etc, etc. in such an aggressive way that they are influenced in their decisions (not always, but as it seems unfortunatelly more and more often lately).

Also, I have noticed, that in some of the comics (for example, the Optimus Prime Annual 2018 or Requiem of the Wreckers) some writers started to drop certain (slashy) hints as well. Be it because they found it funny or "cool" resp. they probably thought it´s hip and "progressive". Honestly, I personaly would be happy if they distanced themself from that.

I guess, I simply fear, that slash is influencing the writers more and more and actually affects the "mainstream" canonical material.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Now this I can understand. I don’t mind a few same sex pairings, but there must be an equal ratio(or rather a real world ratio).

Now, as a fanfic reader myself, I almost exclusively prefer canon pairings. Though admittedly, I find femslash a much easier pill to swallow. That’s probably my desposition talking. Though anyway, a characters sexuality shouldn’t be forcibly changed just because a few fans like the idea.

Though certain fandoms are built for this kind of stuff in mind, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Overwatch, etc.

I’m surprised that Milne even has ships. But I guess that’s a thing with everyone nowadays...

Admittedly, I wouldn’t mind Drift and Rodimus. But Whirl & Swerve? Heck no.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Spoken like a true balanced adult yourself, eh?

Being an emo isn't necessarily "deep". You might take it into account someday.

But okay, I understand you are under impulse to defend your addiction so this outburst is somewhat justified...

Might be unhealthy to be that obsessed with cartoon and comic characters, though. Just saying.

BTW, I'm afraid that uless you can quote surviving examples of ships between, let's say, Theseus and Heracles, at least one desperate claim in your post is a fine example of bovine excrements.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

I know, right ? I never will understand how people can "ship" two characters which hate each other resp. or why somebody should love his torturers or his sibling (in a sexual way). Also, it seems that slash doesn´t know/understand/accept friendships, feelings like hate, fear, compassion for others etc.It also doesn´t accept canon (het) relationships. Oh, and don't dare to like - or worse - prefere, het pairings...then in their eyes you are straight away a homophobe.

Drift and Rodimus ?! Really ? ! I always saw and see them as best friends. Like Turk and J. D from Scrubs. XD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  14. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He commented more on this in the twitter:

[​IMG]

15. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I wanted to see pictures of ships! Dammit.

16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Now, I’m not saying I WANT the pairing, but if it were to be official, I’d be like “Fine. Whatever.”

One of my favorite pairings is actually a same sex one. Korrasami from Legend of Korra, and that’s a canon pairing if you didn’t know. If someone can like a pairing from any of the three orientations, that’s truly a progressive person.

Admittedly all these TF pairings are born from the fact that most of cast is male, like 90%, that’s a very uneven ratio. And they can’t just keep generating OC female characters for the sake of love interests, not good writing.

In short, they were written into a corner with this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Here's one: tall-ships-1200x800.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So:

The Lost Light
    The Peaceful Tyranny
    The WAP

Someone want to continue?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I vote the Rodpod for the best Milne ship. Peaceful Tyranny is a close second.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

While I have always loved Transformers, I have to concede a point about it much like with my love of professional wrestling: the worst part about both hobbies are the other fans of these things.

• Like Like x 3