List of problems, glitches and fixes for possible patch - DOTM game

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe91, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Hey there guys, id like to start a thread about issues with DOTM. It seems alot of people are unhappy with this game so far. Myself, having not played it, I am now really deflated in terms of hype for this game. I would still buy it and im sure I will still love it but everything can be improved.

So please post problems, glitches, things you dont like and possible fixes to any of this!

The list so far, problem followed by fix:

1. Lack of Host Migration. - Patch update with host migration
    2. Melee unreliable. - increase hitboxes/hit detection
    3. Power-up colours are too vivid. - reduce colour to wfc overshield style or remove entirely
    4. Double damage power-up used in conjuction with warrior class is overpowered. - remove or decrease damage multiplier for stonger class
    5. Multiple button mashes for single action. - increase button recognition
    6. AI invincible during transformation. - remove this "super armour"
    7. Game freezing console. - High moon to investigate and fix freezing
    8. Scout class seems vastly weaker against the other classes. - Increase melee damage for scouts, if the player is good enough to get close to a warrior class they should be able to have a fair chance in taking them down too
    9. Shockwave has no alt mode. - i dont know how this could be fixed besides "give him an alt mode"
    10. Pace of game slower than WFC. - I dont know why this is or how it can be fixed besides "speed it up"
    11. Maps clustered and small giving little chance of fun driving/manoeuvring. - DLC maps bigger and include sections specifically for speeding across
    12. Mirage is the only character with a melee combo, yet he is not the only melee-centric character. - Give other melee-centric characters a melee combo
    13. Tiny character choice.- DLC to include as many if not ALL of the movieverse characters, more money for you guys, more fun for us
    14. Alt modes harder to control than WFC. - Improve the manoeuvrability of alt modes, especially hunter and warrior classes
    15. Sniper super slow, you can literally see it travel across the map. Also multiple headshots needed for kill. - Increase bullet speed and headshot should be a kill, two headshots minimum if one is too "OP"
    16. No indication of dealing damage from shots or melee. - add sound effects and reticle changes to indicate hits
    17. Mirage's cloaking is nigh useless, as soon as you move he is almost visible. - change cloaking to be like WFC

2. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I've had a lot of issues with melee attacks (being unreliable at best). Also, the host migration (or lack thereof).

It's definitely a disappointment - but, it's not a terrible game. Just expected more after WFC.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    - The AI is invincible while they're in the process of transforming.
    - Lack of host migration.
    - Game seems to be freezing a lot. It's not my console either, as no other games have frozen except DOTM (and WFC).
    - Sometimes I have to press the button a few times in order to actually get the function to work. Tried both of my controllers, same results.
    - Melee still seems inconsistent.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Seems like they just imported the "problems" file from WFC.

5. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. :lol 

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC hardly ever froze my system, but I agree this one has done it three times already with me.

And those double damage power ups need to be removed. Those things used with Warpath are waaaaaay too overpowered.

7. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    Mechafire do you have the game installed? I never experienced freezing from wfc cos i always install. Try that and see if it sorts it?

Sweet, thanks for the posts, gonna add them to first post and form a list to try get high moon to see it somehow....any ideas? Haha

8. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Doubt it would, as I tried it with WFC and still had the freezing issue.

Perhaps you could email them a link to this thread?

9. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    I shall seek any e-mails for high moon staff and send them this thread, so please get posting, lets get heard!

10. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

Can you post on their facebook page?

11. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    Good shout! Ill post it on their wall and message them it tommorrow when i get back on a pc. On phone for now...

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh. My. God! Are you telling me High Moon Studios didn't do a damned thing about host migration this time around?! F'ing A!

How many months did we complain about this very issue? Wasn't it at the top of all complaints? They knew before, or at the very least, during the early stages of developement, that this was a HUGE issue for we gamers!

Seeing how host migration could not be fixed for WFC, we shouldn't hold our breaths this time around either. Wasn't the response given for WFC something along the lines of it cannot be done since it was never part of the game's coding. Aparently, they cannot add new programs/commands to something that doesn't have it as part of itself. Correcting hit boxes, damage (received/given) are the only tweeks we'll see this time around.

I wish the team that did WFC was behind this, Matt had nothing to do with this one, right? I haven't seen him anyhwere promoting this game. In all honesty, I think the best of High Moon Studios is busy at work building WFC2. Sadly, they left the interns to handle this movie based game.

I guess I'll wait for this game to drop to $30 before picking it up. Shame, as I'd like to play with the WFC lot again, but not any time soon, I guess :( 

13. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I don't mean to sound cynical or pessimistic, but I don't think any of those issues, except maybe the freezing, will ever be addressed. I don't foresee there being a lot of support for this game now that it's been released.

14. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    Its cool, it seems unlikely, no harm in trying though?

Anyways, Ive emailed it to them and posted on their facebook

Please go to: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...59&type=1#!/transformersgame?sk=wall&filter=1

click most recent to view the wall posts and click "like" on mine or comment on it. Even better repost the link to this thread on their wall.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I love that for WfC, HMS only released 2 stupid DLC that was merely locked content (the pricks) and "tweeked" weapon balancing. If balancing means that the Null Ray takes 2 headshot to kill a dude.

16. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    Was it all on the disc? If so that sucks. I do hope they release dlc for dotm though

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I just tried to play some online and the connection was so laggy it was unplayable and just pissed me off.

18. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely everything. In fact you downloaded a 300 MB unlock key! /sarcasm

Characters were so ou could play with everyone without problems, having DLC or not. Maps were really added.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first DLC were maps (the actual new content) with character unlock keys for characters already on disk. There is a reason behind it but it's still bullshit that we had to pay for locked content... especially with the shallow chassis pool and when saying "We added a few characters that were in demand based on feedback" which was complete ballocks.

If anyone expects a patch for this game, I'm going to tell you that you shouldn't get your hopes up. They're going to sell you "DLC" that might already be on disk and never fix host migration.

Surprise me High Moon. Right now you've lost too many points with me.

20. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

My biggest issue with both WFC and DotM is the horrible "Create a Character" section, which is so underwhelming it's not funny. With so few chassis to pick from and a horrible, horrible color selection mechanic that's only really visible in vehicle form, its a little depressing. TF's have so much diversity that I really want to see a dedicated creation menu that allows more customization. Even in WFC it was somewhat pathetic. It's a shame no effort was made to make it any better.

Halo: Reach is a good example of a fun customizing mechanic with options to rotate and zoom in on your character, and I'm sure there are even better examples.