List of Games/Comics/Toys/Shows/Books that you want made into a movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Spiderus Prime, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    1.Sonic The Hedgehog (Live Action with a CGI Sonic,Tails,Knuckles, & Amy)
    2.Spider-Girl (Since we've have Spider-Man movies we've least needing a Spider-Girl movie)
    3.Ben 10 (A better live action movie)
    4.BIONICLE (Live Action one)
    5.A Nightcralwer Spinoff of X-Men (More like a after Last Stand.)
    6.The Magic Treehouse (love that books)
    7.The Legend of Zelda (Real Movie not the April Fools day ones)
    8.M.A.S.K. (Yes some you fans rejoins and rehappy)
    9.Green Arrow (More DC films that isn't Batman, or Superman)
    10.Venom/Carnage (Venom aready have a spinoff show this is a nice homage to Maximum Carnage)

2. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Halo
    The best video game ive ever played.........

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fitzpatrick's War!
    -Fo' the visuals. It just begs for matte style backdrops like the original Star Wars films.

Lee Child's "Reacher" novels
    -Thriller series I dig. Nothing great, just a guilty pleasure of mine. But the character would be fun to see live.

And...um, I can't think of anything else. I don't play vidja games, and most of my favorite books I'm happy with as books. I wouldn't them being adapted, but I'm not hurting for it to happen.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mixture of serious picks, bizarre stuff and stuff that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell:

- World War Z - I know it's coming, I just hope it's done right.
    - Remaining Tolkein books - Hobbit, Silmarillion, etc.
    - Ruins - Two-part comic by Warren Ellis where everything that could possibly go wrong in the Marvel Universe, does.
    - The Pro - Garth Ennis one-shot about a super-powered prostitute.
    - Hungry, Hungry Hippos - As a monster movie. "This summer, they hunger..."
    - Calvin and Hobbes - CGI film done by Pixar. Granted, I know it'll never happen in a million years.
    - Uzumaki - Manga by Junji Ito. Might have had a film adaptation in Japan, but I can't remember. A big budget horror film based on this series, released around Hallowe'en would be excellent.
    - A version of V For Vendetta done by someone who actually read/understood the graphic novel.
    - Same for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
    - Archie Meets the Punisher
    - A new Darkwing Duck full-length animated movie.
    - Sinestro Corps War - A faithful version would be nice but, given how continuity-heavy that story was, it would likely have to be significantly changed.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

1)Kingdom Hearts was rumored to have some kind of movie or show on the thinking block as it were, I would love for that rumor to blossom and flourish into a full film. I don't know how they'd pull it off with the voice actors older/dead/what-have-you, maybe re-cast it for the film version... Who knows?

2)Super Mario Bros. deserves a much better representation, so I say, Nintendo REPRESENT!

3)I agree on The Legend of Zelda front.

4)The should revive Gargoyles with a feature length film, it could be a total retelling of the cartoons first five episodes only with live actors this time and CGI Gargoyles. Make it in Disney 3-D and the audience would eat it up.

5)I wouldn't mind seeing a film adataption of Dragonlance The Chronicles series. Or one of the Ravenloft series of books.

6)Technically The Real Ghostbusters cartoon never had an actual movie movie, it was based on a movie. How totally wierd would it be if they went and made a The Real Ghostbusters version of the Ghostbusters movie or a totally new story the ties in to the breakup/disbanding of the Ghostbusters and the formation of the Extreme Ghostbusters?

7)I can't think of any comic books the I read that haven't already been made into movies, ugh.

8)Jem deserves a live action comeback like Transformers and G.I.Joe... well more comeback for Jem since the other two never really died.

9)Big sweeping fantasy epics need to make a comeback, I say R.A.Salvator's Forgotten Realms material would make for an execellent resurgence of the Fantasy Epic that has been missing since LotR finished. That plus I'd love to see how Hollywood mangles the pronunciation of Drizzt Do'Urden. :D 

10)Does anybody remember a children's book series about a Hollywood film makers camp with real werewolves, ghosts and so on? It was a threesome, I just can't recall the title. That or The Plant the Ate Dirty Socks. Call up Tom Hanks he's in to making obscure children's books into movies, just avoid the CGI treatment of Polar Express and don't let him act in it for once. :lol 

6. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Already in the works BTW. The guy who does the Transformers Live Action Blog also does a Hobbit Blog.

-Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog -- The Movie!
    -Faerie Wars -- Brillant book series, would make a fantastic movie if done correctly.
    -House of M -- another X-Men movie perhaps...
    -Marvel Civil War -- Maybe plot of second Avengers movie, hmmm. (Considering the first one is successful.)
    -Tithe/Valient/Ironside -- Want hardcore fantasy movie with Faerie Drugs and a girl who gets it on with a Troll? Best movie ever! Like Pans Labarenth on drugs...on MORE drugs.

7. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    Legend of Zelda. probably have to give it to Peter Jackson....

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Elfen Lied, ridiculously violent please.

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    'Dune' done properly, first book as a trilogy of movies plzkthx!

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, didn't know that (I don't pay attention to blogs). I'd heard rumors awhile back about The Hobbit being done, but it's been awhile so I wasn't sure if the rumors had proven false or if it ended up in development hell or something.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Given that this is a wish list and not likely to become reality...

1. Preacher - HBO/Showtime series
    2. Doom Patrol (based on Grant Morrison's run)
    3. Walking Dead - tv series
    4. Michael Bay's Secret Wars
    5. A new Batman tv series, following my mental outline
    6. Major Bummer (or preferably the original title, Captain Slackass)
    7. The Black Lamb - DC miniseries about a vampire superhero, who is literally a superhero for the monsters, fighting the Buffys and Van Helsings.
    8. Kingdom Come
    9. Marvels
    10. Power Pack - rather than dumb down comics for kids, why not just adapt one made for kids in the first place?
    11. Half Life - Die Hard with alien zombies. How can you mess this up?

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'd hate to be the dude who has to pitch the next screen version of Dune -

Its about a white aristocrat that goes to a planet called Arrakis and leads desert natives in a holy war against the evil tyrant Shaddam. Did I mention that they are fighting because the desert planet is the source of a natural resource which powers travel and makes people rich?

Also, said resource is a drug that makes people so high they can fold space and read minds. Its also the natural by-product of giant penis monsters.

13. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    1.) Super Mario Brothers - I know, I know, the live-action one from the 90's is a piece of crap but I think they can pull it off nowadays. Live-action with a mix of CGI for things such as action scenes, scenery, Bowser, Goombas, etc. Oh, and it should be a lot more like the games. The other live-action film didn't have very many references. If not live-action then hopefully a full-blown CGI movie, animated similarly to the cutscenes in most Mario games nowadays. Live-action, CGI-only....I don't care, I just want a brand new goddamn Mario movie because it's my favorite game franchise of all time.
    2.) Metroid - It would be freaking epic! It would be neat if James Cameron, Sam Raimi, or even Michael Bay were to direct it. I would imagine having Jessica Alba casted as Samus Aran. After seeing her performance in Fantastic Four, I think she'd be a perfect Samus; she's hot, blonde, and can kick ass.
    3.) Halo - It was originally going to be directed by Peter Jackson and supposedly it's either canceled or in development hell. Hopefully the latter because I would really love to see Halo on the big screen. The story and characters are almost perfect.
    4.) King of the Hill - I'm pretty sure this can easily be done. The characters are very realistic in the cartoon anyway. Dale Gribble would be pretty hilarious.
    5.) Bionicle - I don't know crap about Bionicle, I only buy the toys because they look so damn cool and in my eyes, resemble movie Transformers. Anyway, I think a live-action Bionicle movie would be pretty damn interesting.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

TV series:
    Preacher (HBO)
    The Walking Dead (HBO/showtime)
    Y The Last Man
    Fables
    Earth X

Movies:
    The Flash
    Hawkman
    Zatanna
    A proper Hulk movie
    X-Men original class

15. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I can't say I lot of things I wish to be adapted into a movie. A Majority of it has already be movie-fied, or will be in the future (no doubt about that).

Games
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Final Fantasy VIII (Preferably CGI'ed)
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Comics
    Runaways (though I hear that a movie adaption is in "the works", so I hope they don't mess it up)
    Ultimate Fantastic Four

Shows
    Journeyman
    Tru Calling
    Dark Angel

Books
    Airborn & Skybreaker - (Kenneth Oppel)
    Maximum Ride - (James Patterson)
    Notes From The Midnight Driver (Jordan Sonnenblick)

16. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Halo and dead space.

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A Mario reboot is a very good idea Surge that having a Cgi Gaint Turtlesaur as a The Main Villian is very good.

18. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Battle Tech/Mech Warrior. One of the few things I like more than Transformers.

I would also like to see a Halo movie, I think it really can be an exciting action movie.

Uuuuh, I'm at a loss for anything else right now.

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    None.

No adaptations, no remakes, no reimaginings.

I want Hollywood to DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL!.

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I actually vote for the Green Arrow idea. That might actually be good.

However, that fan-made trailer for Greyson was one of the coolest things ever. I wish that would have been a real film.