List of Dealers yet for Botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Sideswipe1954, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know who is attending Botcon as a dealer?

2. TheToyAddict

TheToyAddict Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, they never put out a list until Thursday night when we check in and get the floor plan telling us where we are located.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Brian is paranoid. As such, there will never be a published list given to the public. The only map/list is that given to the dealers themselves when they check in, as TheToyAddict noted.

I know I will be there, and I will be selling for a certain "shall remain unnamed" fandom favorite maker of reproduction label sets whom we all know well here, as well as for my own store. You can bet on most of the big-name websites that advertise here also being present.

4. TheToyAddict

Yeah, what is the deal there? This is the only show I have done where the Promoter doesn't list the vendors setting up there. Very weird.

5. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well beside the two other dealer that have spoke up, they will be megatoyfan, toy heaven, tfsource, bigbadtoystore, toy cave are all regular attending dealers, I saw a tread that roman games will be attending, also I now of 7 other botcon dealer that will be there so u know of about 14 dealers that I know of that have told me or have it on their website that they will be attending this years con. Also u can say their will be a few local store / dealers at the show that regular don't attend but will be there cause it is a short drive to make the trip. All I can do I post the list of dealers Wednesday night as I have been told cause I'm doing the tour I get my dealer package and primus package pickup will be Wednesday night. So sidecutter and toy addict if u want to know where u be stop by the megatoyfan parts party and I can show u the map

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I'll find out where I am about the same time you will. We're arriving midday Wednesday and attending the Thursday custom class, so we'll be picking up Wednesday night as well.

Brian has a firmly set belief that somehow, unlike any other show, it will hurt him to have a dealer map/list published in the program guide. I strongly disagree that it would remotely harm BotCon (and have made no secret of it), even though I'll grant that yes, it DOES sort of give a potential competitor a list of dealers to try and recruit for another show.

I believe it hurts the dealers far more than it could ever hurt the convention. Without such a map, people can't head for a particular booth they want to visit easily, and instead need to track it down at a totally unknown location. In addition, attendees who want to deal with a dealer after the convention (which gives the dealer even MORE incentive to return, if they're generating new repeat business with the impression they made at the show) can't refer to the dealer room map/list to find the identity of that dealer in order to track them down if they don't recall the name or website.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As much as I love the shows and don't dislike the club, I do think that Brian has a few crazy points. The lack of a dealer room map, recording panels but never showing them, and JUST finally getting online registration point to someone that's set in their ways.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's been no announcement of dealer space selling out yet, right?

9. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    They said they had a few spots left, but registration is closed, and they said it a few days before that.

10. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Last I hear they had a few booths and tables up for graps, but that can change if he gets a phone call again at the last minute to make room for prime or another vechile

11. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im going as a dealer.

12. TheToyAddict

I have voiced my opinions in the past of how he runs his shows with regards to dealers and the basic response I got from Funpub is that dealers are a neccessary evil (not those exact words mind you). That is why I have not set up at any of their shows for the last 3 years and the only reason I am doing so this year is because I am close to Orlando. When I deal with Funpub, I just get the feeling from them that as a dealer I am not much different then something they stepped in and have to scrape off the bottom of their shoe.

13. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    question i am going to the parts party thurs night with some toys i want to sell but if i dont sell them is there a time i can take what i have left over to a dealer @ the show

14. TheToyAddict

Yes, you can bring them into the dealer room any time you want to sell them to a dealer. They basicly just frown upon atendee to atendee buying/selling in the dealer room.

15. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    oh no i would not sell to anyone but a dealer in the dealer room i myself put on Little Rock Comic Con and would not want that to happen to me

16. gen1fan

News Credits:
    I have the list but there 1 big azz problem, when fp went to online for registion, they forgot to give the dealers forms a line to put the store name, so the list has a ton of personal name and not the store names. Going to try to get the hotel to make so copys of the map