List of autobots and decepticons who died in 1986 animated movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Trypticon, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the same thing.

To me, the robots on the line in this video seem more like generic robots than any S1/S2 Transformer character, except for Spike, Bumblebee, Jazz, and Cliffjumper. Not sure if you can credit an actual character death in this film when you see some distant animated figure that resembles them in the far background, or partially off screen, buy it. This is the same movie that had such errors as Sunstreaker on earth before the attack on Autobot City and then flying in during the attack on the shuttle from Cybertron with Optimus.

2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Pause literally at 0 seconds there is a red robot at the beginning of the line. It can't be a Cliffjumper because the red on the legs goes too far up and there is white on the guy as well.

3. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    You're right, that looks a lot like Sideswipe's colour scheme.

The problem is, around the 1.5 to 2 second marks, you see robots that look a lot like Ratchet and Brawn on the clampline of death.
    To me this proves a lot of these background robots in Unciron's smelting pool resembled lots of S1 & S2 Autobots, but are not them really.

I think the idea is Daniel, whom you called "danny" :D , had washed up on shore and was catching his breath on the ground.
    Then when he runs up, it's not from the water, but from the shore.

The issue is more that his first "washed up" shot isn't distanced to scale, as the shore would have been a bit further away.

But that's mainly it. His 1st shot isn't drawn to scale.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

except the legs are still wrong for s-wipe
    swipe's legs are black in front red on sides
    the one in the pic has all red legs
    [​IMG]

also, before the red guy you can see a bluish guy falling,
    he has the same body type as the red guy

you can try to explain it, but its still an error.

he was closer to the vat earlier then he should have been

5. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Oh yah???!! :mad 
    Well..., well...

...well your image you posted shows a bleed of the Microsoft Snipping Tool! :D 

So THAT's an error! :ev: 

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I say we hold a vote. Yay for that is Sideswipe and nay against.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's Overdrive.

8. Altered Prime

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

right for the legs
    wrong on torso

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
  9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Ooh I remember this thread.

10. TheReapress

TheReapress New Member

In all honesty, I cant really answer your question. But there was one autobot who just kind of dissapeared into thin air after season 2; Tracks. I dont know if he was on one of the moon bases, or if his carcus was found or even if he was in the crypt. I didnt see him though, and they never read off his name while inside (I dont think they did anyways) but I just thought id point this out. The only other option I see aswell, for the rest of the missing characters, is they left. Like Skyfire(who I dont think is in season three...though I dont remember since its been so long since I watched it). The only explination is that tney got tired of fighting and left to stay with a human. I know Tracks would have rather not had his paint scuffed up(same as Sunstreaker, who I also am confused about) , so he may have stayed behind in New York with Raoul, helping him out. (However, its kind of odd that Blaster is on a moon base and Tracks is no where to be seen, when its bluntly obvious they they were soms sort of friends, same as Jazz, which leads to the conclusion, did he die? Did the cord slip undone again and so he got stucm as a normal car again? Or, because of the cord thing, was he looked at as "weaker" and told not to fight anymore due to it possibly slipping in his robot mode, rendering him a standing target or worse?
    I dont know, but I thought it was good point, and it did kind of answer your question, however, I cant tell you what exactly happened to some of them. Ratchet and Ironhide are definitely dead though.

11. Altered Prime

Blaster was not on a moon base

he was at autobot city

btw welcome to tfw2005

12. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I heard Tracks was one of the few that was planned to be killed during the battle in Autobot City but the scene got scrapped. But due to the lack of his appearance, some people still consider his death canonical and mark it as an off-screen death. I'm one of those people since in G1 it showed that off-screen deaths were a possibility when it revealed that Huffer died off-screen in "Dark Awakening."

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Tracks shows up as a background character in a few early episodes of Headmasters, but that may not be here nor there, given the Japanese series' rather tenuous relationship with continuity where supposedly 'dead' characters are concerned.

14. Megatronisnotdead

Megatronisnotdead New Member

which part of the movie

i do not believe that Brawn and Windcharger are dead because in the episode of the G1 cartoon called dark awaking when Daniel reads off the names of the Autobots that have died brawn and Windcharger where not mentioned we know that huffer has died at leased that is what we think but there is a good chance that Brawn and Windcharger are alive and well but just background character we are not sure if wheeljack is even dead because we don't see a tomb or his name being read so he may be alive or Missing in Action or he is in fact dead and starscream for example may not be dead because he was revived but blown into space maybe galvatron found him and killed him again or he is still floating though space rachet i do believe is in fact dead. i and prowl is dead because no one could survived those wounds and for the rest of the 84/85 toy line some may have died others may have survived i only say that because we saw preceptor in the post movie seasons but like i said some may be alive other may be dead i guese we will never know thanks for reading my post

****3 posts merged, please click the Quick Reply button for each post you wish to quote and keep them contained to 1 post... not 3 in a row. Thanks much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
  15. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that scene in the TF movie, where Ratchet, Prowl and Ironhide die. Now I have trauma all over again! XD

16. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Did anyone mention Metroplex? Autobot city looked worse than Prime so Im pretty sure he should have been dead although we see him later.

17. Altered Prime

We did not even see metroplex in the movie

18. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I just thought we don't see him in robot mode.

Ultra magnus says "you and Arcee transform autobot city"

I've always thought these shots were a nod to the toy. The 8 guns where the 8 chrome missiles or retracted guns are and that gun that rotates down looks like the black gun that is up and rotates down on his arms.

metro1.jpg

19. Altered Prime

I don't see any real resemblance other than the color on the arm shoulder piece you pointed out, but the tank is pretty spot on so I won't debate you on that.

Props to you
    :thumb :thumb 
    But for the record autobot city was more than metropex

20. kavekai

kavekai New Member

Grapple was seen next to perceter when the autobot charged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.