List of autobots and decepticons who died in 1986 animated movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Trypticon, Sep 24, 2009.

1. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

The Ones I know for sure who died was brawn,prowl,ratchet,ironhide,wheeljack,windcharger,and optimus prime. In season 3 episode 73 you see huffers crypt so he died. In the script trail breaker and red alert died. i looked on wikipedia it said mirage might have been shot by megatron while battling an insecticon or something. And oyu can argue to gears was the 1 autobot who was dropped in to the acid pit before daniel knoked it down when they were inside unicron. I know for a fact jazz,bumblebee,cliffjumper,sunstreakermhound in in the 1st headmasters episode side swipe was in it so he survived but headmasters was a japan show and they made it before they got the movie so side swipe might of died i don't know. I know the series 2 autobots who survived were dinobots,omegasupreme,blaster,perceptor,the minicons powerglide,warpath,beachcomber,seaspray,and cosmos were in it. As for the decepticons i nkow skywarp,and thunder cracker and shock wave were permanteley killed off. Star scream died but showed up in 2 episodes of season 3. Megatron was rebuilt as galvatron and those 3 insecticons died but there were shown in season 3. I just like to think those were clones cause i thought in 1 episode in season 2 they made alot of insecticon clones. Dirge,ramjet,and thrust was shown eaten by unicron but were shown ins eason 3 so i suppose it was an animated error in the movie. I also thought i heard that the 3 decepticons that made up reflector died too i'm not quite sure. So do any of you guys know anything else that i don't about who died in the 1986 animated movie that i did not list. The whole autobot crypt looked too big to hold those autobots who were shown in episode 73 drak awakening i thought there might be more autobots who would be abord that crypt. I thought it might be the rest of the season 2 autobots who did not survive that i didn't mentio like smokescreeen and hoist but i dont nkow please give me an answer of what happen to the other auto bots who did not survive into season 3.

2. DecepticnMeistr

DecepticnMeistr Decepticon

In the hijack scene, Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet,and Ironhide die.

In the fight on Autobot City, Optimus gets severly injured, and later dies. Wheeljack and Windcharger's body are seen also.

Now this is the part that confuses me: Are Thundercracker, Skywarp, Bombshell ect, are they "dead" since they are reformatted?

I consider Gears dead since he was on one of the Moons that Unicron eated.

I doubt this is true but, my friend said you can see Sunstreaker's body in Autobot City.

3. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No one really dies, they are just fighting evil in another dimension.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

In another dimension?!?

Well, how many are left?

- Coeloptera

5. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    There was a whole lotta animation errors, but I'm certain Mirage survived the movie..

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well, yes, I reckon you can add Huffer because he's mentioned as being dead (Daniel finds his memorial marker) in Season Three.

And, from the TFwiki's list of deleted scenes from the movie, supposedly Mirage gets the drop on Bombshell, killing him, only for Megatron to get the drop on Mirage. Which is a suitably ironic way for the Autobot pacifist to go.

I'd say that's Gears getting an acid bath in Unicron, too.

Also, in Ghost In The Machine (s3), doesn't Octane name a few Decepticon memorials in their crypt?

7. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

What do you think this is, DBZ??!! :p 

End of Line

8. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

guys come on just answer this for me. I hate it when people go on about nonsense saying their fighting evil in another dimension. its not what i asked all i asked was a list of auotbots who died in the 1986 movie other than the ones i know. I know prowl,ratchet,ironhide,brawn,wheeljack,windcharger,optimusprime,huffer,mirage,red alert,i heard gears fell into the acid pit,heard smoke screen and blue streak died. Is there anyone else. oh yeah and trail breaker i'm not trying to be mean i'm just looking for some answers.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I know I'm going to get it for this but......

Technically it was never confirmed or shown that Wheeljack and Windcharger died.

10. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Huge gashes to the chest and lifeless bodies don't do it for you?

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus got torn to pieces and then sorta blew up a bit and looked pretty lifeless too but he still came back. :p 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No they really dont seeing that so many TF's have survived having such injuries before, and laying on the ground unconscious is only evidence of ....well laying on the ground unconscious.

Theres no evidence that they were lifeless.

13. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

During the battle vs Unicron, didn't they say Shockwave was going to be shown as a casulty?

In reference to Wheeljack and Windcharger, Arcee looked like she was mourning after she pulled them into the chamber she and Springer were in. They looked pretty dead to me :rip 

14. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

If the bodies aren't grey, then they're still OK. :D 

They took severe damage, to be sure, but I think they're merely in stasis lock.

Confirmed Dead:

• Prowl, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Huffer
    All of the above were seen turning grey on-screen except Huffer, who was confirmed to have a grave on the Autobot Mausoleum along with the others who died at Autobot City. Technically, Ratchet didn't turn grey on-screen, though he was shown to have lost his color (unlike Brawn) just before Megatron shoots Ironhide.

Presumed Dead:

• Ironhide, Brawn
    It is exceptionally unlikely that Ironhide survived a point-blank shot to the face/chest from Megatron's fusion cannon. Brawn was last seen alive on the shuttle (though incapacitated) and it is unlikely the Decepticons would have let him live. Still, it's not impossible... :wink: 

Effectively Dead:

• Megatron, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Shrapnel, Kickback, Bombshell
    All but Megatron were significantly different characters post-reformatting. By Season 3 of the cartoon, so was Megatron.

The movie storyboards show additional deaths: Trailbreaker, Red Alert, probably Shockwave (his citadel gets smashed by Unicron with him in it), and maybe Smokescreen (since he is shown in Wheeljack's place) and Mirage (the section of the city he is in gets shot by Megatron and there is a big explosion where Mirage was). Additionally, many Season 1 characters just aren't seen again after the movie.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

When was this? I never saw this happen...

Ok, here's my list.

Prowl, Ratchet and Ironhide are dead for good. There's some confusion on whether or not Huffer and Brawn were killed, because Brawn was supposedly killed in the shuttle, but Huffer shows up in his place when Daniel reads off the list of dead autobots.

Windcharger and Wheeljack are assumed to be heavily damaged, and there for dead. Though, it is never confirmed they died.

Optimus Prime, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and the Insecticons were killed, but later come back, some as different robots.

In the Story boards, Trailbreaker's lifeless body was seen at Autobot City, and Skywarp kills Red Alert.

Mirage was supposed to have sneak attacked Bombshell, and inturn have been fired upon by Megatron. Given how easily Autobots die in this Movie, that probably would have killed Mirage, or Badly wounded him at least.

It's been speculated that Gears, was killed by Unicron, and that Bluestreak dies because he was outside of the city when the Decepticons attacked.

16. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

WOMBATKING.COM - Transformers the Movie Deleted Storyboards/Sneaky Mirage

WOMBATKING.COM - Transformers the Movie Deleted Storyboards/Surprise!

WOMBATKING.COM - Transformers the Movie Deleted Storyboards/Here comes Megatron

That's the bit where Mirage shoots Bombshell and Megs takes out the building Mirage was in. The explosion seems smaller than I remembered...

The storyboards also explicitly say that Windcharger and "another Autobot" are dead, despite the movie not animating things this way.

Looking at the storyboards again, it is not clear who takes down Red Alert. Magnus, Red Alert, Tracks, and Sideswipe fire missiles at Devastator, who breaks into his component Constructicons. The Constructicons land and open fire on the 'Bots, who retreat. Red Alert gets hit from a blast fired from off-screen. It's not clear who killed him, but it probably wasn't Skywarp (who is not mentioned in the scene anywhere). My money's on Scavenger. :D 

17. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

to me these are the autobots who think died in the movie. ironhide,brawn,prowl,ratchet,wheeljack,windcharger,optimusprime,huffer,red alert,trail breaker,mirage,smokescreen,bluesterak,gears,sideswipe,tracks,hoist,skids,grapple,and inferno. But i dont know what happen to skyfire aka jetfire,sunstreaker and hound i don't know if they died. I do nkow for a fact that jazz,bumble cliff jumper,dinobots,season 2 minicons,perceptor and blaster,and omega supreme were the only survivors in the 1985 and 1985 toy line. the aerialbots and protectabots were in 1986 line. Does anyone know what happen to skyfire,sun streaker,and hound. The only reason i think this many autobots died caus eon this 1 site i dont who posted it but it sounded like someone who wa sin volve dint he movie who said there was abunch of those autobots from 1984 toy line were in autobot city and they ran into abunch of decepticons and were killed. This was off a wikipedia site. This si what it side. In the next season (3), we were going to have all these new characters, and people are going to be wondering what happened to the old characters that they liked so much. What we knew, in a business sense, is that they had been discontinued, because they were the 1984/1985 (toy)line – but, we needed to tie them off. So, we had this one scene where the Autobots basically had to run through a gauntlet of Decepticons. Which basically wiped out the entire '84 product line in one massive "charge of the light brigade". So, whoever wasn't discontinued, stumbled to the end. That scene didn’t make it into the finished movie. But if you think kids were locking themselves in the bedroom over Optimus Prime, basically in that scene they would've seen their entire toy collection wiped out. when they said they discontinued the 1984-1985 toy lines i justa ssume all those other autobots that didnt show up in season 3 died in the movie what do you think.

18. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Oh man, I would have loved to see that scene in the movie! As long as Mirage wasn't killed that is, because now at least there is hope for him.

Scavenger? Heh. Poor Prowl, Scavenger can always be proud of that.:lol 

19. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

ok well does anyone know what happen to inferno,grapple,tracks,hoist,and skids,sunstreaker,sideswipe,hound,skyfire. Did they all die or survive they were the uncertain ones except skyfire. I just want to know what happen to him too. I know sideswipe was in the battle he might of died. But i saw sunstreaker,and hound with kup and huffer and blue streak outside the city with kup right when hot rod was firing at the autobot shuttle. blue streak and huffer died outside the city most likely. But what happen with sunstreaker and hound they were shown with optimus prime when he came to the city was it an animation error. and what happen to the other autobots like skyfire,sideswipe,grapple,hoist,inferno,tracks and skids.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not to argue with you but ...story boards really dont count as far as canon goes.