List ideas for an improved custom character feature.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    The title says it all. I was underwhelmed by the last one and have some ideas.

If you've played a Smackdown vs Raw game then you'll know that the game has an amazing create-a-character feature.

They already cheated on the transformations so what harm can messing around with the body do? I want to be able to change the size and shapes of part, add things like cannons, spikes, horns, faceplates and visors for aesthetics.

There also needs to be a way to colour any part any way you want. I don't care about disguise; 90% of people use drain/shockwave/sentry.

Don't let it end there. What about Cybertronian art on the body. Starscream has tattoos so it's not impossible. Is an Autobot insignia with a slash across so bad?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

A wider selection of hats to wear.

Job done.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are basically two approaches one can take in replying to this thread. One is to wish for the moon and list off every feature that you could possibly imagine. The other is to list improvements that are more likely to actually happen.

Seeing as how customization is always VERY important to me, I'll do both.

Realistic:
    In reality we likely won't get any character customization, eg swappable body parts or decals. We will likely get what we already have (character skin color customization) with more options. Enough people begged for more colors that we'll likely see a lot more options. I also expect disguise to get overhauled because of this.

We will likely get more characters to customize. It's fairly obvious that we'll get the characters that are new to the game (because you know there will be new ones). I'm also wishful we'll get the first game characters as well. I doubt Sideswipe will be in the second game so I really don't want to loose his character model for MP. Plus more options is ALWAYS better.

That's about it for my realistic predictions, on to the wild and baseless wish list.

Wish list:
    I would really love to be able to make my own custom character with a lot of part options. Choose my shoulders, chest, eyes, head detail (crown, spikes, smooth, etc), logo placement, even being given a few choices for different transformation animations.

I then want to play as this custom character(s) throughout the entire game in both single player and multiplayer, ala Halo Reach. I want to play as my character in every game mode in the game.

I want to be able to chose what base skin I want. For example using Sideswipe from the first game, he has stripes going the length of his body regardless of what colors you chose (unless you do both colors the same). I would like to be able to choose that skin, a skin with a different pattern, a skin with no pattern, and a few more options.

I then want to be able to color any piece I want any color I want. If I want my left shoulder to be red and the right to be gold then I should. Then make the top of the head green, the crest on top of it orange, with a purple face and white eyes, and the rest of the head be polka-dot. And open the full color spectrum to both factions. Soundwave is blue and Ratchet is white. Let us be as well.

I guess that's all I can think of for the time being.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd buy it.

Megatron wearing a fez? GOTY.

General custom character improvement?
    Better colour selection. Dont limit Autobots to bright colours and Decepticons to mostly washed out colours.

I think my problem is mainly with the lighting than the actual colour options. Colour them anyway you like, they still look incredibly dark in game.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I don't see why they can't massively expand the customization especially since it works so well in so many other games.

6. Vormund

Vormund Member

Ok my suggestion...Triple Changers. (Bear with me on this)

So lets look at the 360 button layout:

Currently; Y to transform and RB for an ability. For example, as a Scientist you can do a roll with RB as a jet, RB while a bot for a an ability like sentry.

So for a triple changer option, Y would transform you to a jet as normal, and now RB would transform you into a tank. You give up an ability slot for the Tank transformation. As a jet, RB would switch between tank and jet, you lose the ability to do a roll.

Here is an example for button presses:

BOT > press Y > JET
    BOT > press RB >TANK

JET > press Y > BOT
    JET > press RB > TANK

TANK > press Y > BOT
    TANK > press RB > JET

Hopefully something like that would keep the balance.

7. RGZ Archer

RGZ Archer Well-Known Member

Problem is that wouldnt work well with the PS3 controller layout, and it would have to be fair for all parties.

Main thing I would like to see is the ability to customize weapons to a degree, like use energon (your health) for ammo in a pinch.

Aside from that however, the color wheel getting a tune up would be nice, and being able to swap parts from the same class. Like being able to take legs from one frame and put them with the torso and arms of another. Not likely to ever happen but it would be an easy way to add countless options in custominzation. It would cause problems with transformations however which is why its likely not in the game. (Same with why custominization is so limited, they have to account for alt modes)

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

They should give the ability to use Autobot chassis as Decepticons and vice versa. However, they'd have to leave the color options the same so people don't get confused if a Decepticon looks exactly like an Autobot. Also, they should give the option to use the drone chassis from campaign. Heck, we could even get a Cloaker chassis and find out just what the heck they turn into! XD

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    God damn you, now I need to see a pic of WfC Megs wearing a little fez.....

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

10. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more upgrades to unlock, such as:

More vehicle mode upgrades. Like extra armor in vehicle mode.
    Separate listings for robot and vehicle upgrades.
    Extra weapons for the classes. Soldier was the only one that didn't get a sniping weapon.
    Permanent upgrades like increased health.

11. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Heres an idea I had, to allow for a wide and deep customisation experience that still works within the transformation context.

Basically, imagine that you have a base model for each class, all of which transform in a simplistic, G1 esque fashion. Using the Scientist class as an example, picture the standard Decepticon model as resembling Starscream, his transformation being as simple as his chest cockpit folds up over his head, his arms tuck into his sides, his legs fold up into his chest to form the undercarriage, and finally the wings flip back to complete the transformation. To make those basic transformations more interesting, you can choose the acrobatics used when changing form. Whilst the mechanics remain the same, you can have your character perform a barrel roll, a somersault, a backflip or even a breakdance (which would look funny for a tank?) as they transform to name just a few of the animations, further adding to your custom characters personality.

By keeping the mechanics of transformation simple, you open up a wide range of options to start customising with. You have four areas on your Transformer you can customize - head, torso, arms and legs, and Soldiers and Scientists also have a 'special' area (lulz) covering their respective wings and turrets - its simply a case of choosing from say, 5-6 different parts for each region you want to change, then mixing and matching them to create your character.

After you've built them, you can individually colour them by area (colours are no longer restricted by faction, and you still have your HUD to tell you who your enemies are in multiplayer), and each area is broken up into four sections, all of which can be seperately coloured, so if you want a transformer with a red upper body and blue lower, or black body with white head, or a camo green tank with luminous pink turret, or some hideous technicolour monstrosity to blind your enemies online, then you can have them!

Finally, when you name your new character, it will show up along with your username in multiplayer, confirming that this isnt some generic, soulless online bot, this is a new Autobot come to defend the rights of all sentient beings, or Decepticon conquering in the glorious name of Megatron!

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    THIS! Soundwave wearing a sombrero = 100% mind-blowing win.

13. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    More color selections... As the ones offered are just kind of boring & bland..
    The ability to choose pre-made chasis (ex prime, bumblebee, sideswipe, etc...) and/or choose said pre-made chasis and make it sleek or buff or basically whatever aesthetic you could possibly think of to make YOUR character stand out. And also just the ability to play around with the face & add spikes and different generic and/or custom decals to your bot..

Also for Hasbro to make more WFC figs (like Starscream!!!!) lol