Liokaiser Q's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hi Q, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    So today I got my Liokaiser, which is rather an awesome figure, and I got to wondering a few things.

First, why does everyone spell his name as Liokaiser, while it says Liocaesar on the box? Is it because people misread it as Lioceasar, and thus is something pronounced differently from the Liokaiser clearly heared in the show (while Liocaesar is in fact pronounced the same)?

Another more practical issue, should I apply the stickers? Normally I always do so, I makes the figures look better and I in fact enjoy applying stickers (don't ask me why). However, this set was expensive to the point where I feel maybe I should keep the labelsheet intact. Anyone's thoughts?

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Personally, I prefer it spelled that way.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, as a Roman Historian, Caesar (modern pronunciation See-zarr) is pronounced differently then the Germanic Kaiser (Ky-zer). The Japanese pronounces it "Ly-oh-ky-zer", hence it's easy to use the Germanic version.

(Taht said, Liocaesar is also technically correct. Latin didn't have a soft C, so the Romans would have pronounced it "Ky-sarr", which is the root of the Germanic pronunciation)

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You could always loan the stickers to Reprolabels; that way you'd get a set to apply without using the originals, and other people in the same position could too.

5. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Which is why I said it's pronounced the same, and made the distinction between "ae" and "ea". I've had Latin in high school for 6 years.

As for the reprolabels option, I had in fact considered that myself. However, now that I have this set I don't think I want to do more shipping with the labelsheet. Still something to consider.

Edit: Nevermind the "ae" and "ea" distinction. I just realised it's silly since there is no "ceasar".

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I don't think it would really hurt the value much - Liokaiser is in high demand.

However, lending the sticker sheet to someone who would mass produce it
    may stand to lower the value of every Liokaiser that has stickers in good condition, be they used or not.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah fair enough, you're probably more qualified than me! I just learnt enough to work out what things like the legends on coins and inscriptions mean. I was never that good at it when it came to literature.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Meh, I really like my Liokaiser but I could care less about it's value...it's not like it's leaving my collection :)  Though the thought of an Autobot version of the stickers would get me to go out and pick up the 2 pieces that didn't see "Rescue Force" releases to make an Autobot version :D 

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer the Liokaiser spelling since it's the most different from autobot versions of the terms. Leo Convoy, Road Ceaser, then Liokaiser. Less confusion potential.

If you don't want to mail the stickers, maybe you could scan them instead? I don't know what Reprolabels would need, but it's great if they produce the set.

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i've never actually seen prof of this happening.. re-issues yes, but not due to stickers.
    and people who are in thsi stricktly for teh potential market value of toys, is in it for the wrong reasons.

11. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Delta has already asked me to scan the stickers, but says he can't make a set because this labelsheet obviously doesn't include the factory applied stickers.

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, once i get mine, hopefully find one at botcon, i'll send him mine and he can do a label sheet. atleast i'll get a repro set out of it for the trouble, and i don't care about re-sale value

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hence the 'may'. I'm not sure if it can be conclusively proven either way (?)

I agree. I'm thinking more in terms of people being able to recoup their costs if for some reason they sell up.

I have no doubt Delta would make the usual alterations so that they couldn't be mistaken for the real thing when inspected upclose, but not everyone is honest enough to admit they're selling a toy with reproduced stickers.

14. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

man, if i ever got my hands on a liokaiser, i'd keep him anyway.