Liokaiser?---Overlord?---Deathsaurus? Which one?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Jun 1, 2006.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well gang I have narrowed my current grail list down and I'm looking to pick up at least one of these three in 2006 and was just wondering if people out there could give me some recommendations and or thoughts on these figures?

Right now I have to say I’m leaning towards Overlord, mostly because he looks to be the least expensive out of the three, not to mention he’s big and just plain awesomness. On the other hand I’m also strongly leaning towards either Liokaiser or Deathsaurus as I’m on such a Victory trip right now thanks to TVNihon and there recent blitzkrieg of fansub releases. I recently have had the opportunity to pick up a nice, complete MIB Deathsaurus for $250, its still available but I still don’t know whether I want it over the other two. As for Liokaiser well there’s two problems, cost, and availability, as not only is he impossible to find but is bank account serial killer. However the toy just looks so awesome, at least from what I’ve seen, and he and the breast force are quickly becoming one of my fav TF character groups after watching all these episodes of Victory.

So what do ya’ll think, which one should I spring for? I already have a good stash stored away for this kind of purchase but I only have one shot.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Opinions?

Also if anybody has some group comparison shots of these guys together I would REALLY appreciate it :D 

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    save Deszaras for last. I had him for a while, he was really boring and underwhelming.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Overlord is the best for playing with. Dezaras is better for display. Never had Liokaiser.

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would go with Overlord personally. He turns into a base/city, what more could you want?

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a toss up between Liokaiser and Overlord, but I'm leaning more toward the latter...Go with Overlord.:thumb 

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since you're on the fence about Deszaras, i'd say forget about it for the moment. It's not that hard to get. $250 is a decent deal, but it isn't amazing.

That brings you down to Overlord and Liokaiser.... out of the two, i'd suggest Liokaiser becasue Overlord is much easier to get a hold of. Both in terms of cost and availability.

As for the $$$$ involved, don't worry about it too much. They keep their value.

Do be careful with Killbison though - Gold Plastic Syndrome. It's not that easy to spot either, it tends to happen inside the body around the pivot areas of the arms.

The turret area is also a weak spot, but the turret assembly is not as tight as the arm pivots, so there isn't as much stress involved on the plastic.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I say Liokaiser... you get lots of little bots. Especially if complete figures. I want a Leozak mainly because i do his voice work in the fan dub..

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got all three, but since there's in storage this is best pic I can manage-
    [​IMG]

You can at least see the height difference there. I'd lean towards Liokaiser honestly, combiners are great and he does it in a really unique way. Plus he's colorful. Overlord is great too of course, Dezzy though is a bit underwhelming by comparison.

10. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

Doesnt seem like anyone is favoring Leokaiser here. Overlord is big, but it isnt that interesting to transform or pose. Deathsaurus isnt that great of a toy or interesting in any form.

Im a big fan of Leokaiser if you can find a loose one for a good price. His individual bots are blocky and arent great, but they have a little bit of character to them due to thier size and variety. The combined mode is quite complex, sturdy and impressive though. It is my favorite combiner after the Constructicons and Raiden due the complexity and uniqueness of the combined mode.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would choose Overload over Leokaiser for the following 2 reasons:

1. Playability and fun factor. Overload transforms into a base and 2 vehicles while Leokaiser is just a combiner.

2. Display. Overload looks more imposing compared to Leokaiser.

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have both Overlord and Liokaiser and I must say.. Overlord all the way. Liokaiser is a nice combiner but he's got skinny arms which puts me off.

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

these three, plus the two other non-megatron diaclone guns are the only vintage tfs I'm still waiting to get. I'm hoping, but not expecting, any kind of rerelease. however I will say that in all of my looking at deathsaurus on the net, he looks like a really bad, albeit angular, brick. kinda like the way star convoy was. if you ever find a pic of the poorly colored bootleg, it just shows off the flaws of the mold even more. not that this really helps any, but my two cents.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think if youre only leaning towards overlord since he's the cheapest, yet youre actually on a victory trip, you should go with the other guys.

i personally have went with purchases, not based on price, but on how much i want em. once u do that, reducing toys to monetary value, your just comprimising.

search your feelings. you know it to be true. /vader

that said, i dont see how you can go wrong with overlord. he's big, all his modes are legit and highly playable. the great toys have that uncanny ability of being guilt free even when you overpay.

[​IMG]

15. Chaos Muffin

That city looks cool KA.
    Wonder if Overlord has a TRU?

More box comparisons
    [​IMG]

Styrafoams
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll wager you're comparing Liokiaser to Predaking, in which case ALL the gestalts have skinn arms by comparisom. :D 

17. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

man you have to go with overlord he is easily the best.....though i want the other two really bad

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you have money to spend get Liokaiser. Three jets, one dune buggy, one tank and a drill. One great combiner team. Liokaiser is just plain awesome. But if your on a budget go after Overlord. Overlord price has seem to drop and ebay and you could possibly score one cheap. Deszaras has an awesome dragon mode. It's a tuff call since I love all three dearly. :lol 

19. Chaos Muffin

I would've picked Liokaiser, but since he can hardly be found anymore I left him out :lol 

To hell with all of them, get all the yugioh card packs.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool pictures, guys! One of my biggest regret in all my years of TF collecting was passing over Overlord...Dezz is a cool toy in his own right...I mean, who doen't love robotic dragons with 2 mini beasts? LOL!

However, I feel that Overlord's fun factor makes him the clear winner in this case! ;)