Liokaiser on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Jingjing, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but isn't this a Taiwanese bootleg?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Indeed, the seller even says it is in the answer to one of the questions.

Item title / description doesn't state though, so it IS rather misleading.

3. Jingjing

Yeah noticed that. Is a Taiwanese bootleg really worth around 250 dollars? And I wonder if the the bidders know that it actually isn't a legit.

4. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    also funny that he says it's Free Shipping but it's not. Even with him trying to explain things why didn't the seller just package everything up and weigh it then? Seems fishy to me.

5. ANONYMOUS

ANONYMOUS Well-Known Member

By using the Free Shipping in every item (which isn't really free) he is manipulating the Ebay search function to put his items into a higher search ranking unders Ebay's Best Match ranking, so that his items will show up before people who have listed shipping prices. It's a pretty shady thing to do.

6. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting. Never knew that. Though at any given point in time how many liokaiser will be up for auction? Maybe some of his other stuff but really.

7. ANONYMOUS

Right, if someone is specificly searching for liokaiser it doesn't make a difference, but if the searcher just types in "Transformers" the items ending the soonest AND items with free shipping are most likely to pop up on the first page, so people not neccesarily looking for a liokaiser will still be exposed and you never know...I have bought things I just happened to see but wasn't specificly looking for. What the seller is doing is just trying get his items to the front of the pack. Manipulating the system like that is the best way to get your item the most exposure without having to pay the high featured item fees. Of course when you are competeing in a sea of 12,000 listings it may got him to the very front, but it gives him a leg up on the people playing by the rules.

8. ANONYMOUS

$445 for a KO. That is pretty amazing! There were 3 different bidders with bids of over $400. I don't think I have ever heard of an obvious KO selling for this much. I know some of those sleazy sellers were passing off the KO G1 Optimus Primes that looked identical to the original boxes for $500 plus, but never an out and out fake. Crazy!!

9. Jingjing

I know, it's outrageous. I wonder though if the buyer knew it was a KO? It's obvious that the seller took the photo so that you couldn't spot the non-existing Transformers logo.

10. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So how's the quality of KO if anybody knows and how much does it go for regularly. I am interested in it.