Linkin Park’s Iridescent Confirmed For DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I won't lie, that did help me accept a few more songs. I started playing Fallout 3 at the same time as the CD releasal, so I used my imagination and it helped soften the blow. But there are still 3 or 4 songs that I just won't listen to, namely "waiting for the end", the last song, and another one where Shinoda sounds like he's a jamacian rapper.

Regardless, I am still missing their sound from before Minutes to Midnight.

2. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    My god your peoples miss guided insight into reading between lyrics.... >.> i like linkin park, a lot. I enjoyed a thousand suns. maybe another song for the movie, but it couldbe be messanger, it could be blackout, it could be catalyst. i think its the best choice if were picking off the album.
    but yeah. and dont hate, im not picking anybody out, its jsut my opinion, its a good song! ^_^;;

3. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally. Some BAD news about Dark of the Moon.

I will be editing this song (like I did Linkin Puke from the last 2) out of DOTM.

4. C Spray

C Spray ACTION FIGURE ADDICT!

Terrible....Boring. This sounds like 10 steps back for them. Did Hanna Montanna wright this for them? I almost that this was the new single for
    The Rainbow Bright Live Action Film. LP use to be good...like 10 years ago.

5. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I dont mind Linkin Park doing the main theme song They did a great job with the ROTF, It fit perfectly, but this one is just horrible. I really really really! Hope this is not true.

6. DATRAY!!!

DATRAY!!! More neon! MORE!!!

Linkin Park again?! Don't get me wrong, they're a great band and all, but I'm starting to dislike them. Seether's Breakdown would be a much better choice. Just like radio stations killed Daniel Powter's Bad Day, the TF movies are killing Linkin Park.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The score is the only music that matters to me.

8. DATRAY!!!

DATRAY!!! More neon! MORE!!!

Just listened to the song. I wish I could unhear it.

9. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really good choice. Perfectly fits the ending of the bay trilogy. I can picture the piano rift at the beginning of the song playing with Primes final speech over it and then the screen going black with credits popping up when the guitar/chester's singing kicks in.

10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Same. It is an “ending song”. An ending to a war. An ending to a trilogy. End of an era! :) 

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Linkin Park. And I think it's great if they return to do a song for the third TF movie. But

1. I don't really like their new CD. I can't stand half of it, and there's only one song I like (which ironically just might be my favorite by them).

2. I'd rather they make a new song for the movie and not just take one from what I think is their worst CD.

13. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

I think the song is OK, but I think maybe this time round they could do something different. Personally I would love for "feed the Machine" by Red to be in TF3 but I know that will never happen. We all have that one song we fill is perfect for TF movies.

I'm curious as to what everybody else would like for TF3?

14. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

I really do NOT like linkin park and hate the fact their music is in every movie, usually as the end credits. And now this is from their worst album???

Dammit Bay, do your kids listen to any cool music??

15. AutobotJazz4

AutobotJazz4 Care to rock this board?

News Credits:
    Hmmm... another Linkin Park Song? It was kinda predictable.

I don't want to be all negative about Linkin Park... I've also got several albums of them... but after listening to this song of their latest album, I am finding the recent songs of the band a whole different kind of music since their album, and my most favourite... "Hybrid Theory".

On that album the guitars where heavy, the drums where harder and the lyrics where stronger. In my opinion... a song from that album would probably fit allot better in a Transformers movie then this "rumored" song.

I think that Mister Bay is a big fan of the band... that's okay with me, but I think that Linkin Park should have a harder sounding stronger song in the upcoming movie then this one.

But... this is my opinion and I don't want to kick mud in the eye of die-hard fans. Linkin Park is a good band with their own style of music... though they deserve a much better song listed within a movie with Hard combat, Heavy explosions and huge robots fighting each other on Planet Earth.

16. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I just finish listening to the song, it's okay, but it doesn't have the the tone that "What I've Done" and "New Divide" had. Just my opinion.

17. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    By Primus! More Linkin Logs?! Well can't say I'm surprised. Always with sub standard music. How about something of any Fear Factory album (with the exception of the atrocity of Digimortal). Something with a machine like vibe to it.

18. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

:thumbs2:  God I haven't listen to Fear Factory in forever. I would love if they would use "Self Bias Resistor"

But seriously... no more Linkin Park!

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Listened to a sample of it over at Amazon. I get why they want it, it does seem to fit the whole going into space/space race kinda deal, but it just doesn't work for me. Might work well in the movie and for others, just not my bag.

20. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Oh dear god - that's a pretty dire song. Then again, it is Linkin Park whose musical output has been terrible at best.

I wonder what deals were done behind the scenes to get this song into the film?
    Because I can't imaging anybody actually wanting to use this song when there are quite literally thousands of others tunes that could be used, be more suitable and probably be cheaper to license.

My choice would be something from Devin Townsend - perhaps from his Strapping Young Lad project. The City album has some heavy and fast songs which make Linkin Parks efforts sound like a boy band in comparison.