Lines & franchises you think would work as 3.75" size ?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by RedAlert Rescue, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've been thinking of what stuff would make nice 3.75" figures - its a scale I like as I find it allows for vehicles and a wider variety of characters.

Here's some suggestions.
    Please offer your opinions and suggestions (and sorry if I mention items that have had a 3.75" line in the past or one is forthcoming I was unaware of).

Stargate (all types)
    James Bond
    Doctor Who (all types)
    Tron - both the original and the new movie and videogames.
    Babylon 5 / Babylon Crusade etc...
    Battlestar Galactica Old and new & Caprica
    Sarah Conner Chronicles (perhaps a one off boxed set)
    Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
    Brave Starr
    Thundercats

Masters of The Universe (I know it sounds a bit crazy- but think of the potential for high articulation vehicles and obscure characters that never get any figure love)
    Starship Troopers

Aliens/Colonial Marines/Predator - again the size more or less allows for the potential of a really nice Armored Personal vehicle in that scale.

Star Trek the Original series / & Star Trek 24th Century lines.

I own a few microman 3.75" figures that include Supergirl, Batman, Predator, Alien, Battle of the Planets /G-force and other guest characters that makes me wonder if Japan manufactures may be able to offer items that the west can't for licensing reasons.

I also wonder about one off giftset items (you don't see that much these days) but things like The A team, 6 Million Dollar Man, Airwolf, Knight Rider , Automan, and lots of 80's properties all seem suited very small lines and boxed sets.... this is sometimes done with clusters of toy cars of various sizes but it would just as easily work with 3.75" scale items too.

Lines that have had success at the moment or in the past that might also work at a small scale might be Spawn or Gears of War.

Halo has used a variety of scales for it's figures from pretty big to very small.
    They are probably on average bigger than 3.75" scale but considering that Spartan's are so big that means they still work almost at that scale.

I was also wondering about a thing Hasbro could consider doing is to make 3.75" Action Man (This has been flirted with - via a gi joe release) - but perhaps such a line could compensate for the lack of Gi Joe as a wokable line in the Uk as well as perhaps even provide an additional source for Gi Joe vehicles as Action Man 12" & Gi Joe 12" have shared vehicles so a vehicle made for one could go in the other (sometimes).

There's a particular jeep and Helicopter that spring to mind that would also work in 3.75" scale and there's even been a few McDonalds toys of that scale already - the snowmobile probably being the closest match to the sort of thing I'm thinking of.

Any other ideas or opinions out there on this.

2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    3.75 is my favorite scale for figures.

Halo mostly. That way it would be easier for us to get vehicles and things to put all of the figures in.
    Hopefully Cinema of Fear does a lot more 3.75 figs, because I absolutely love the three they released. They have rights to Michael Myers now I believe...
    I'm with you on Aliens and Predator.
    Masters of the Universe Classics. Not all of them, but maybe as a sub-line like with Cinema of Fear.
    Back to the Future
    James Bond would be sweet.
    Dark Knight
    I'd like to see a Left 4 Dead line in that scale.
    Better Star Wars figures (More articulation).
    Terminator and Star Trek NOT made by Playmates. Blegh.
    TMNT
    I'd also just like a huge variety of vehicles that would fit 3.75 figures. I know I wanna have my Jason Voorhees driving a Ferrari with Freddy and Leatherface in the back.
    Or better yet, in a 3.75 scale Christine!

Damn, I want all of those.....NOW.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if they'd work or not, but these are franchises I'd love to see in my favorite scale:
    MOTU
    TMNT
    Doctor Who(though I could probably kitbash a 9th Doctor if I bought the Destro 2-pack)
    Aliens/Predator
    Halo
    Darkwing Duck
    Better Star Wars & DC Heroes
    Dragonball Z
    Gurren Lagann(Mainly the Humans/Beastmen, maybe a Ganmen or 2 if they could)

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I love my 'Baby Turtles' and the mini figure ones they made so I think the majority of 80's Turtles characters would work as 3.75" toys - I can see Shredder working really well for a start.

a overarching Disney Figure line might be quite a good idea sort of like Marvel Universe but with Disney - if they put more joints on them they'd pick up a whole host of additional interest.

For example i was a big fan of the Disney Aladdin Cartoon so I'd consider figures in that scale of the key characters interesting to own.

What do people think about the idea of other characters associated with hasbro/Kenner or Galoob guesting in Gi Joe -such as Jonny Quest, or Centurions.
    or what about King characters like Defenders of the earth (The Phantom, Mandrake the Magician etc...) or retro non DC or marvel characters in general.

I also wondered if something more space themed might be interesting - not sure what though. Something like Starcom in style. Lego do some intersting things with space themes that similar style ideas might work in 3.75" scale one of the shovelware toy manufactures has a space line (similar size to Gi Joe).

My Mind is working now - I wonder if Hasbro will make Marvel Universe toys of any of the Savage land characters that might kit bash into Heman characters well ?

It can't be that hard to find an almost naked 3.75" figure surely ? - there was those small fast food heman figures they worked well as proof of concept figure's id say.

[​IMG]

5. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Pirates.....Of......Darkwater

oh and silver hawks, all would be cool. and jayce and the wheeled warriors. and starcom, damn theres too many!

6. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    M.A.S.K.!

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as Mattel and Playmates don't make them. With Speed Racer, they weren't even trying. Avatar was better, but still not very impressive. Batman:TDK was decent, but could have been better. Star Trek 3.75 inch scale was embarrassing for Playmates. If Hasbro made them or some other company that knows how to do that scale just as well or better, then I'd be cool with it. If made well, I'd like to see:

Star Trek action figures (not by Playmates but perhaps Dimanond Select?)
    Starge action figures (especially SG-1)
    Battlestar Galactica action figures
    Indiana Jones action figures (yeah, we got 'em, I just wish we still had 'em)
    TMNT with articulation of the 21st century
    MOTU (oh yeah, I would so love this!!!)
    Halo
    Harry Potter
    Robotech action figures
    Pirates of the Caribbean action figures

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd prefer a new MASK to be the same size they used to be (about 3") - but I think it's still a reasonable idea to make a few more guest characters in Gi Joe - especially Miles Mayhem.

I have seen small Pirates figures they used to sell them in Blockbusters Videostores, not sure if they were 3.75" though.

I think an overarching DC figure line would be nice - something that is not cartoon based like the justice league stuff and with better joints - Mattel are not extremely good at articulation though so perhaps really good small DC figures would need to come from someone else - or from asia.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    C.O.P.S.!!! Fighting crime in a 3 3/4" time!

10. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I'll go against the majority and say none. I'm not fond of the smaller scale at all. I hate that just about every Marvel and DC line available to general retail is now 3 3/4. Hell, I wish they would have started doing Star Wars figure at the 6 inch scale rather than bust everything else down to their size.

I like me my full 6 inches of plastic action goodness, cause sometimes you just need that extra 2 1/4 inches to get the job the done.

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Anything with humanoid soldiers ala AvP marines, Halo, various TV shows and movies etc etc. Mainly stuff that could in some way shape or form potentially mix well with G.I. Joes. MASK and Dinoriders would also work really well at this scale imo.

With the more fantasy type stuff like He-man, Thundercats, TMNT, I always prefered a bit larger of a scale, like 5" or so. It just seemed more fitting and allowed for more playability, because as awesome as the 3 3/4th scale is, it can make for some awfully fiddly figures.

But as far as Centurions go, 6" is probably the best for them. With all those plug holes in their suits, going too small would make the pegs very tiny and flimsy, and might negatively affect the toy overall. But 6" would be a decent size to allow plenty of stability in the toy and their snap on gear.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Harry Potter and The Office.

They could make several figures of Harry in different outfits, let alone all the other characters and the different outfits they could be made into. I would at least get figures of some of my favorite characters (Hagrid, Moody, Dumbledore, Snape). Accesories for the figures could pretty much be endless.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think a small line of figures made to look like the characters from The Office would be great. Dwight alone would be hilarious enough, let alone the rest of the cast.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree to an extent. In terms of adult collecting and displaying, I much prefer 6". They just look so much better. I also wish they'd have started a 6" Star Wars line of at least the main characters.

For playing though, I do think the 3.75" scale is hard to beat. I'd vote for a Star Trek line working perfectly in this scale - PROVIDED PLAYMATES DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. Give the licence to Hasbro.

As for M.A.S.K - if these ever come back (and I'd love them to, either as reissues or all new moulds) they have to be the same scale as before, which was about 2.5" inches. Perfect for all those cool vehicles.
    (Trivia point - in 1986 as Kenner's Star Wars toys were dying on their feet, the company considered redoing Star Wars as the MASK scale! Some cool prototype pictures exist on various Star Wars websites... google Gus Lopez and find his site!)

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Small Star Wars could work quite well I guess - ideal for bigger vehicles and a flood of stormies.

I think (more) 3.75" Centurions is the the idea that have drifted back into my mind as a good idea same basic idea but smaller than the more common 8" ones.

15. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

Gundam. I mean, the pilots could be the figures, and the gundams and mobile suits could be like vechile assortments.

16. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Still don't think Centurions would work, and here's why.

But I'd take a Crystal Kane at 1:1 scale, kthnx. ;) 

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Jurassic Park, Terminator (including the show), and Star Trek, done to the standards of the Rise of Cobra, Iron Man, and Star Wars Legacy figures, would be fantastic.

18. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    venture bros

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers! We need 3 3/4" Dr. Arkeville, Spike, Sparkplug, Chip, Snake (Cobra Commander), Carly, and more! C'mon Hasbro, you can do it in Modern GI Joe style!

20. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Dead space: Isaac, all the necromorphs.
    Bioshock:Jack, splicers, andrew ryan, fontaine,all the characters.
    The nightmare before christmas:Alot of potential here.