Line started tonight at the local Walmart for PS3.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ChldsPlay, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

^What was his plan? maybe i can make use of it here in MA. I want me a PS3, daddy needs a new used car.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He never mentioned his plan, only that he was going to get several of them to scalp.

Personally, I think it he was just trying to get people worked up by saying that. Few will get one, if any, and this new bundle nonsense isn't helping anybody.

3. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i'm positive that nintendo will make sure there are plenty of wiis so that all those walking into a store looking for a wii will walk out with a wii and all those walking into a store hoping for a ps3 can walk out with a wii. ditto for MS as well, obviously. brilliant move on sony's part for this holiday season.

4. lancer0000

lancer0000 Well-Known Member

I feel like this bundle deal crap will hurt them more than the lack of units to sale. Sony thinks their being slick with the what is it $499. ad $599. price points? They post that crap all over the commercials and websites and such so kids can see it and start begging their parents to buy them one. finally the parents are like if it'll shut you up ok we'll get you one. Then they get to the store to see the campers waiting inline for days. So their chances of appeasing their kids grow slimmer. then they get the next wave of sony's shit, the limited qantities. then if they are lucky and the store has any left when they get to the counter or whereever they have to go to get the ps3, they get bundle blasted. now to they find out that instead of the posted $499 and $599 prices they have to dish out $1000+ for a ps3. I foresee alot of parnets walking out of stores upset at SONY for a the lies and deceit.

5. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Well, the wife and I wasted a night at Target, out in the freezing cold with about 40-50 mph wind gusts at spots 7 and 8, to find out that the stores was only going to have 6. So, any chance of getting one is long gone now it seems. Sears said their shipments are delayed until early December. Wal-mart's can't match their ads, Best Buy can't match their ads, Circuit City is getting next to nothing, there just aren't many out there. Probably like 500-600 in the Kansas City area total, if that.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    There's a tent line at the circuit city close to where I live.

*buys eggs*

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

$1000? Where'd you hear/read about this?

8. lancer0000

lancer0000 Well-Known Member

Well from the post about Fry's making people buy games and etc. etc. when they ask to purchase a ps3 and from walmart.com where the only bundle pack they have listed is $1400.+ dollars without tax or shipping. thats where. only my assumption that other retailers will try the same crap as well.

9. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I don't have the patience or the desire to stand in line for anything. Why buy something that doesn't have all the bugs out yet? Bragging rights?

10. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    WII FTW!!!!

I'd really like to pick up a wii before christmas, but dont think I'll have the funds. they have so many amazing vitrual games being released for it, I'd buy the system just to be able to play all those legally on one system!

11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I believe now with Sony's 3rd rate "launch," that as of Sunday, Nintendo will be #1 again. At the very least a just behind MS only because of the one year head start. Sony has seriously dropped the ball on this one. They have f'd things up every step of the way with this system.

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

This reporter believes that this is the start of the Apocalypse.

Nah.. I'm just joshin.

13. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My question is, with the PS3 launching in the morning, does this mean that there will be a better chance for one such as myself to walk away with a Wii?

I could give 3 shits about the PS3, but I really would like a Wii on launch day or shortly thereafter.

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    5 Tents out in the rain at Target, and a cordoned off section in Wal*Mart this evening. If I were nutty about it, I'd hit the Target. Drop those tents at 11:56 and be the first in line.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To be immediately followed by getting knifed by a rabid fanboy who hasn't showered in days.

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I thought this whole this was stupid, but I am gonna be linging up tonight just to resell one :D  I could use some quick xmas money and seeing these things sell on ebay for $3200 - $5600 is just nuts.

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nah, I'll just have out his Kryptonite. Soap.

18. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

There are more consoles sold during this coming month than the rest of the year. They will not concede two straight Christmas seasons to Microsoft over something like production problems.

19. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Wal Mart closest to me handed out Rainchecks, they said they were supposed to get ten so they gave out ten rainchecks.
    First people to show up with the rainchecks get the system, if they don't have enough to fill those ten then the rainchecks are good for the next shipment. I don't see how they don't know their stock, I went through 3 console launches at Target and we knew our stock way in advance and had the systems themselves in a few days early.

20. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was listening to the radio today and it said that in new york apparently people have been paying homeless people to hold their place in line