Line started tonight at the local Walmart for PS3.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ChldsPlay, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

We were there about an hour ago, saw a guy carrying a pillow and sleeping bag in the electronics department, then saw the employees telling him to camp out in front of the counter in Layaway. It's going to be a pain in the ass waiting as long as we're going to, but 52 hours, that's just stupid.

Edit. I see in the other thread that others have been waiting longer. Stupid people need to be first in line or what? Don't they know they can go a lot later and still get it?

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Must be one of those 24 hr WalMarts? If so, I wonder how the guy is going to go to the bathroom. I think it would he EXTREMELY funny if they made anyone who got out of line lose their spot. Make it like one of those "keep your hand on the car to win" deals.

Then I'll be impressed by people owning the first one.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've heard lines are forming already out here as well. I don't think I would ever do that. Just doesn't seem logical to me for some reason.

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    camping out for a game system is very disturbing

unless of course he's planning to hock it on Ebay and get a few grand for it, well then, yeah, I say its worth spending a night or two in walmart :p 

5. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Pathetic.

6. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Get a life.

So I walked into WalMart tonight around 10:30 and there were thirteen people sitting in lawn-chairs in the middle of electronics. What were they doing? Waiting for the PS3. I fought the urge to kick them in the face.

Don't these people have lives? Jobs? School? Something? It doesn't come out until Thursday at midnight.

Losers.

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    im in line right now

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

They've just got to have a system as soon as possible regardless of how crappy the launch titles are.

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    my brother and I were talking about going up to walmart early in the morning to wait in line, get a PS3, and just walk around the store with it for an hour taunting people, then return it

10. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Lie when you return it and say it's defective so it won't even go back on the floor! haha Course, Walmart puts them back out anyway. So sick of buying obviously opened and broken stuff there.

11. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Or how bugged the system will be on release.

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My mom said at the TRU she works at back home that they had people wanting to camp out weeks back. People are fucking crazy.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude that's lame.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Like I said in the other thread, I just can't see the logic of people that camp out when consoles are released. The Wii??? Maybe. That's because they actually have games that may be worth waiting in line for. But for the PS3? I think I will wait until MGS4 or FFXIII to come out to even consider buying it.

I've got two great games for PS2 that I'm enjoying now anyways. FFXII and Guitar Hero II.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I remember getting the original Playstation Mk1 on release day; I didn't have to queue for that. I wouldn't queue up for any console. If I can't preorder what I wanted, I'd just pick it up when I can.
    I have only ever queued for one thing: Teletubbies. That Christmas when you couldn't get them for love nor money, and I have 2 nephews and a niece who were batshit over the damn things. We were outside TRU on Delivery day at 4am. I'm never doing that again, I tell you. Never.

16. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I've seen more pathetic, I've seen people camping out for an Xbox 360 restock... yes, not the launch, the RESTOCK... That is having no life.

I'm not getting a PS3 for a LONG time, let alone on launch day when all the games suck. If I had a little less life and a little more pocketbook, I'd camp for a Wii. The system's worth it as is but throw in Twilight Princess as a launch title? I'm sold.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just think it's goofy to line up seeing as how a lot of them probably won't get one anyway, plus if they'd just wait like someone sane they'll have a better game selection as well as a much easier hit on their wallet.

WANULA

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i got a life the other day but it was defective. i want my money back.

19. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would make fun of these kinds of people, but I'm probably going to camp out in front of a movie theater for a couple of days prior to the release of Transformers so I can't say anything.

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Somehow I don't think we as TF fans need to camp out for the movie for some reason. At least I really hope we don't.

The most I've done was wait in line for about an hour and a half for Matrix: Reloaded.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson from THAT.