Fan Art: LilFormers Ultimate Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

That is all true and I actually agree but it still doesn't change the fact that Animated didn't become the success they had hoped for because if it had the show would be going strong. They already planned on having the Animated toys with the Movie toys so obviously if it hadn't flopped they would still be supporting it.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Translation "Shit, I really haven't thought this through."

3. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Basically the reason animated is cancelled is so that Hasbro can roll out new versions of Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, all their best selling characters. So they will have new versions of everyone plus a whole new line for TFMovie two. Then they'll have a new TF property in a year or so with a new show. Then probably TF 3, then probably another animated series etc.

They also need to keep starting the properties over to give the new batch of kids an 'in point' to Transformers. Just look at TF history and you'll see this is how it's always been.

It makes good business sense, and mostly only annoys the adult collectors/fans. But they of course know that the die-hards will keep buying pretty much anything they put out so, it's less of a concern.

4. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Matt, keep doing what you're doing. That stuff is hilarious.

I really get a kick out of threads like the ones this has turned into... Nerd rage is hilarious, add a touch of Fanboy lust, bake at 350 for 6 pages or so and BAM! Comedy Gold.

I've been a stand up comic for almost 10 years now and if there is something about that most people just don't get its this: Humor is by its very nature subjective. If you laugh great, if not thats ok too... no need to get angry

Still... I smell next weeks strip

5. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Very astute. If the cartoon was a financial success, it would still be running, regardless of having a new movie out. Look at all the Law and Orders, CSI's, etc, running simultaneously. Or the 90's TMNT cartoon, running at the same time as all the movies, and the success of their different toy lines. I could see Hasbro cutting back on Animated toys during the movie run, and not showing new episodes if the series were still running (ala Star Trek TNG during the Undiscovered Country run) but they would not cut a tv series pulling in good advert dollars. It makes no financial sense.

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Exactly. Well said!

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that what some people are taking issue with in this thread isn't that Matt's picking on Animated or the movie- it's just that it's not very funny. 'Drawn by monkeys?' Really? Lots of people compare bad human creations to monkey work. It's almost cliche. Now, if it had said 'drawn by ******ed lobsters,' some people may have inwardly chuckled, even if they don't agree with the point. Others would've gone off on 'how dare you use the word ******ed!' others would've defended the right to free speech, and someone else would post a pic of a lobster in a stupid-looking pose, possibly with a black frame and some pithy saying below it like "Lobsters: Even the ******ed ones have claws."

Or I could be wrong.

8. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You hit the nail on the head.

9. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don't find it funny, and find it more soap-boxing than satirizing. Yes, this strip should point out the flaws of the various Prime characters. But it barely does.

G1's big flaw is that he dies heroically?
    Animated Prime's flaw is that his art style sucks? His character (a VERY easy to mock subject) isn't even mentioned.
    Primal doesn't get any flaws mentioned, and instead zings on the movie design.
    Movie starts off by saying he's ugly and has lips. Matt making a "man, movie designs are ugly" joke stopped being funny two years ago.

So ultimately the satire fails to do satire well, and devolves into a shallow attempt to hide another "man, I think those guys are ugly" "joke".

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As blunt as this is, this is what I could never bring myself to say, it is absolute truth.

I also agree Animated probably didn't have enough of an audience to do well, but I blame that on the releasing toys half a year after the show. Either that or it missed it's target audience. Too many good cartoons get cancelled because of the latter.

QFT.

11. Roarv2

Roarv2 Well-Known Member

Being a ******ed lobster myself, I take offense in what you have said, SIR.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Hey now, I think even ******ed lobsters could have drawn better than that Animated crap anyday...give them some credit!

Love the Judd Nelson reference...

Find it a bit amusing about his comment on Animated considering his style, but still, it's 1000x better than TFA.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First, while I can respect the art within the comic, I have never particularly found Lil'Fromers to be funny. Matt, you may want to look into finding a partner who can write something more whitty or humor filled while you do the art.

Second, why does this get front paged as news? I don't think this is the only comic people make for transformers.

If they made a cartoon with lilformers style, you'd cry muppet baby foul.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am offended. Fucking offended.

16. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    CSI wasn't made to sell toys, it was made to get ad revenue. As long as the ratings are good, they will keep it. TF:A is a toy commercial. As Matt has already explained, they've already milked it for its major money makers (Prime, Megs, Bee, etc). Another season makes sense as far as a few more new molds and a couple repaints. A fourth season would make a lot less sense, as it would be better to start a new show by that point and sell us a new Prime, Megs, Bee, etc.

17. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Probably, but then Starscream's chin wouldn't be 2.5 times the size of his face either.

18. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'll get over it.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe not, but his head would be larger then his torso and everyone would have mittens on.

20. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Yup, this is true.

Wait, I can't tell if we are agreeing or arguing :p