Fan Art: LilFormers Ultimate Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 16, 2009.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This strip had a funny premise... but in the end is just more cry-baby ranting.

A lot of people rip G1 calling it "boxy" and the toys bricks.
    They also defend animated as being highly stylized.

Would there be this many townsfolk marching with pitchforks and torches if Matt had instead satirized G1's "boxformers" aesthetic?

I doubt it. Instead, anyone who would defend it as rigorously as they are here would be labeled the "G"-word and this thread would have only been 3 pages max.

Wow.
    Contrast the comments from lilformers.com to the comments here.
    Wow.

2. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

LOL~ I ♥ your TF comics...:mail 

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    If it's like Beast Wars, I'll end up losing interest in TF again. Transformers is for KIDS, not 35 year old snobbish nerds who get offended by a fun cartoon aimed at 8 to 10 year olds. You want a soap opera? watch anime, or daytime television. I honestly hope the next TF series is an extension of TFA, but with simplified movie designs this time, instead of G1. Too many cartoons are trying to engage older audiences, that I feel sorry for the younger generations. I love Batman: Brave and the Bold, Spec. Spider-man, and TFA because they make being a kid on a saturday fun. I enjoy seeing the looks of glee on my two boys when we watch the cartoons together.

Now THAT was good! And it didn't kill you to stray from your ranting for 5 minutes. Even Garfield doesn't bitch about Mondays 24/7.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Beast Wars not only attracted little lids... but also maintained a sense of maturity that an adult could appreciate.

I fail to see what's wrong with that.

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

all this over a childs television series

6. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Nope! and neither do I . I have very rarely done strips about animated, and even rarer mentioned the bad animation. So there's nothing approaching ranting going on.

7. c15

c15 Member

Lol, wow I never thought I'd come off as a 35 year old snobbish nerd. Just because the medium is Animated or Western doesn't mean it should be excused from good story telling. I'm all for cartoons that kids can watch, but there's nothing wrong with wanting better. I mentioned BW because IMO if I had to compare all the TF animated series for story telling, I consider it to be one of the best, if not the best. Animated would probably be in 3rd place to be honest, cus I always considered Beast Machines (especially near the end), the Unicron Trilogy, and RID to be crap, and those turned me off of Transformers until the Movie and Animated where around.

I've watched all of TFA so far and I enjoy the show, it's good. It's nothing I'd recommend personally but if you want to watch something Transformers related, by all means. I just don't believe that a show needs to be dumbed down because it's aimed at kids. I think Bruce Timm (producer of the DC Animated Universe) said it best. He doesn't make kids cartoons, he makes cartoons that kids (and adults) can watch/ enjoy. Fun for the whole family :) 

Again, my main "beef" with the show has always been (and probably always will be) the animation quality. The reason why it bothers me so much is because I'm an animator, so it's in my nature to nit pic at a show's animation, whether it be good or bad. 8-10 year olds might not care, and that's awesome ( I was once like them :cry  ) but there's a bunch of other shows aimed at 8-10 year olds that have better animation. Heck, you even named 2 of them, lol.

Back to topic: I think people need to let this go. It's just a comic. If you like it, yay. If you don't, oh well life goes on.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're right. The main thing I'd like to say is that all of you guys are free to post your thoughts (as long as they adhere to board rules) about any series, any toyline, any media, etc. outside of Radicons in the boards of TFW2005.com. There is a forum for TF General Discussion and Toy Discussion in the board of TFW2005.com.

What the members of TFW2005.com and the Radicons need to do in art threads is critique the artwork posted, and give the artist useful feedback that can possibly improve his/her work. The Radicons adhere to the TFW2005.com board rules as well as our own Guidelines and Etiquette. EVERY member who wishes to post in Radicons needs to take the time to read over this. If one looks right above the Radicons forum or even within a thread, one will see the drop down menu labeled "Radicons Info" where these things are found.

Thanks guys, and let's keep this thread on topic and civil :thumb